BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > M2 CS dealer bulletin!! (Details confirmed by ynguldyn)

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-17-2019, 09:05 AM   #45
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
4590
Rep
10,040
Posts

Drives: 2020 JCW/2016 981 BGTS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by omasou View Post
My guess is besides factory roof all other CF will be extra $$$
That would certainly keep the price at a more reasonable place, at least in theory.
__________________
Past rides: 2015 981 CS, 2014 F22 235, 2011 E82 135, 2008 E82 135, 2007 E92 328, 2007 E92 328 (My lady drives an OG M2. So does my dad)
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2019, 09:10 AM   #46
dmboone25
Lieutenant General
dmboone25's Avatar
United_States
4590
Rep
10,040
Posts

Drives: 2020 JCW/2016 981 BGTS
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 E92 328i  [0.00]
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
They say a lot of things and go back on them..

I remember when they said 'BMW M cars will NEVER be turbo-charged; M car will always remain naturally aspirated!'

See how they kept their word on that..
They also said a CF roof was IMPOSSIBLE for the M2C....just couldn't be done.



Not sure what miracle happened to allow the CF roof on the M2CS. Maybe they built a whole new factory just for this car....

Or they were just making shit up, to pacify folks who got an M2C but wanted the CF roof.
__________________
Past rides: 2015 981 CS, 2014 F22 235, 2011 E82 135, 2008 E82 135, 2007 E92 328, 2007 E92 328 (My lady drives an OG M2. So does my dad)
Appreciate 3
Poochie5541.00
JTO242872.50

      05-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #47
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
5541
Rep
5,922
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
They say a lot of things and go back on them..

I remember when they said 'BMW M cars will NEVER be turbo-charged; M car will always remain naturally aspirated!'

See how they kept their word on that..
They also said a CF roof was IMPOSSIBLE for the M2C....just couldn't be done.



Not sure what miracle happened to allow the CF roof on the M2CS. Maybe they built a whole new factory just for this car....

Or they were just making shit up, to pacify folks who got an M2C but wanted the CF roof.
Bingo!

They remember what hissy fit M2 owners threw when M mirrors & seats wasn't included, so they now are starting to pacify them like some bratty kids by just lying. LoL.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #48
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
CosmosMpower's Avatar
1926
Rep
3,791
Posts

Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Frisco, TX

iTrader: (1)

Looks like a bored salesguy with some photoshop skills put it together.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 10:29 AM   #49
omasou
Colonel
omasou's Avatar
United_States
1163
Rep
2,157
Posts

Drives: BMWs
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: US

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Maybe one of the members with mad PS skills can make a better one like the M2C graphics I posted?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 10:34 AM   #50
omasou
Colonel
omasou's Avatar
United_States
1163
Rep
2,157
Posts

Drives: BMWs
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: US

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
They say a lot of things and go back on them..

I remember when they said 'BMW M cars will NEVER be turbo-charged; M car will always remain naturally aspirated!'

See how they kept their word on that..
They also said a CF roof was IMPOSSIBLE for the M2C....just couldn't be done.



Not sure what miracle happened to allow the CF roof on the M2CS. Maybe they built a whole new factory just for this car....

Or they were just making shit up, to pacify folks who got an M2C but wanted the CF roof.
Actually Leipzig is the BMW hub for carbon fiber. My guess is the M2CS has been planned to have a CF roof before the OG M2 went into production and the only reason BMW offered it as a part was to shut everyone up and see who would actually step up and install one.

https://magicalmysteryplanttour.grou...2-bmw-leipzig/
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2019, 12:08 PM   #51
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
13455
Rep
10,537
Posts

Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Regardless of the information indicated on the flyer, I cannot imagine BMW Marketing to ever release something illustrated in this amateuristic style.

So I added "(but illustrated with OG M2, M2C & M4 CS pictures?!)" to the thread title.
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 1
Poochie5541.00

      05-17-2019, 12:13 PM   #52
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
13455
Rep
10,537
Posts

Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerbelt View Post
generic "450 HP" description for the engine that builds enough mystery before the official reveal.
Yes, 331kW is correct. But the photoshopper could have added "S55" to kill all B58/S58 speculation.
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 12:16 PM   #53
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
5541
Rep
5,922
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

The photo does look questionable but so was some of the 'official' info that was released prior to the M2's reveal.. Specifically #OpenCloseBlockGate

So I don't take it as gospel but it's not that farfetched that this is real.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2019, 12:23 PM   #54
M Fifty
Major
437
Rep
1,121
Posts

Drives: M2 & 330CI
Join Date: May 2018
Location: The Interweb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yes, that's from the M4 and the article below is referring to the adaptive suspension vs the "base model" meaning the standard static suspension of the M4, not the "3/4 series," which is made of same construction as the original "base" M2 suspension, hence the weight comparison.

https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/maga...nd-bmw-m4.html

Before you jump to conclusion, how about you provide some facts to back up your claim 'and do not spread speculative info.'

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you have the MP coilovers on your M2, since you decided mention it, so back it with some objective facts before you accuse me of misstating mines..
Interesting series of posts... However: The OG and LCI M2, plus the M2C all share the same dampers - and they are made of aluminium.

HTH
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 12:27 PM   #55
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
Poochie's Avatar
United_States
5541
Rep
5,922
Posts

Drives: 2016 M2
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NYC

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Yes, that's from the M4 and the article below is referring to the adaptive suspension vs the "base model" meaning the standard static suspension of the M4, not the "3/4 series," which is made of same construction as the original "base" M2 suspension, hence the weight comparison.

https://www.bmw-m.com/en/topics/maga...nd-bmw-m4.html

Before you jump to conclusion, how about you provide some facts to back up your claim 'and do not spread speculative info.'

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you have the MP coilovers on your M2, since you decided mention it, so back it with some objective facts before you accuse me of misstating mines..
Interesting series of posts... However: The OG and LCI M2, plus the M2C all share the same dampers - and they are made of aluminium.

HTH

I was going off an official interview that the adaptive dampers are lighter than the "base model."

I linked the interview and posted a snipped of that said comment, feel free to verify it.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 12:45 PM   #56
mhanism
Captain
mhanism's Avatar
United_States
273
Rep
809
Posts

Drives: 2020 M2C
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Fremont, CA

iTrader: (0)

I'm curious if the M2CS hood will be as presented in the picture, meaning M3/M4CS and GTS style OR will it be the MP one with just a powerdome bump and no scoop.

Here's to hoping for a GTS style hood!
__________________
MY20 M2 Competition
MY16 M3 (Sold)
MY17 X3 35i M Sport
MY14 335i M Sport (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 01:05 PM   #57
pz619
Colonel
2613
Rep
2,906
Posts

Drives: F87 M2C
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (1)

Looks to be about as real as a toupee with a chin strap.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 01:16 PM   #58
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
13455
Rep
10,537
Posts

Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
The photo does look questionable but so was some of the 'official' info that was released prior to the M2's reveal.. Specifically #OpenCloseBlockGate
So I don't take it as gospel but it's not that farfetched that this is real.
Nobody's perfect.

There was the "M design icons" flyer about the base M2 that contained inaccuracies ("M powerdome", "M side mirrors" and 1-piece seats), but at least it did not look as amateuristic:



Mistakes can happen when using existing manuals as basis for a new manual:

The 1M N54 engine became a "V8 engine" (copied from the E92 M3 manual):


The 1M was an "M3" (copied from the E92 M3 manual):


The N55 engine of the base M2 featured a "closed block" design (while in reality it features an "open block" design - see here):


The M2 Technical Training (that can be found here) shows an alternative M2 instrument cluster featuring 8500rpm with 7500rpm-8500rpm red zone (instead of 7500rpm with 7000rpm-7500rpm red zone), "T/min x 1000" indication and different fuel gauge division:


Compare with mine (2016 picture):
__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 2
Poochie5541.00
JTO242872.50

      05-17-2019, 01:22 PM   #59
M Fifty
Major
437
Rep
1,121
Posts

Drives: M2 & 330CI
Join Date: May 2018
Location: The Interweb

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
I was going off an official interview that the adaptive dampers are lighter than the "base model."

I linked the interview and posted a snipped of that said comment, feel free to verify it.
I don't doubt it. But - having fitted coilovers, they were noticeably heavier than the original items, as they are not made of aluminium.

Appreciate 2
maxnix205.00

      05-17-2019, 02:16 PM   #60
JustChris
General
JustChris's Avatar
Isle of Man
11378
Rep
20,464
Posts

Drives: G80 M3 Isle of Man Green
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Uk

iTrader: (0)

Interesting indication..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 05:24 PM   #61
MadViper
Private First Class
131
Rep
101
Posts

Drives: 2019 M2C
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Back in late 2015 I got the OG M2 dealer bulletin or presentation, what ever you want to call it and the first thing I did was to posted here. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1194742
This info comes from a dealer in LATAM and Mexico is the country that send this info to my dealer. I know the product update is very unprofessional but that's what I got from my dealer. Time will tell if the info on the bulletin is real or not. As far as I know this is the first piece of evidence that suggest the red stitching on the interior and the red brake calipers instead of the gray.
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2019, 05:44 PM   #62
Artemis
Moderator
Artemis's Avatar
Belgium
13455
Rep
10,537
Posts

Drives: BMW M2C (BSM)
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadViper View Post
As far as I know this is the first piece of evidence that suggest the red stitching on the interior and the red brake calipers instead of the gray.
Correct, not seen yet that "red" info surfacing on any forum regarding M2 CS speculation. True that the M2 CS gets a CS specific interior trim, but the question is: will it also be grey like the M3/M4 CS or will it be red this time ?

M Performance Parts "BMW M Compound Brake Discs of the BMW M Sports Brake System Red" (see the dedicated thread here):





__________________
///M is art Artemis
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 06:15 PM   #63
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1511
Rep
1,866
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadViper View Post
Back in late 2015 I got the OG M2 dealer bulletin or presentation, what ever you want to call it and the first thing I did was to posted here. https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1194742
This info comes from a dealer in LATAM and Mexico is the country that send this info to my dealer. I know the product update is very unprofessional but that's what I got from my dealer. Time will tell if the info on the bulletin is real or not. As far as I know this is the first piece of evidence that suggest the red stitching on the interior and the red brake calipers instead of the gray.
The PDF associated with that 2015 post looks legit. This 2019 one has some quackery in it. I'm not saying the info it represents is false, just that this isn't an official BMW document.
Appreciate 1
Artemis13455.00

      05-17-2019, 06:21 PM   #64
omasou
Colonel
omasou's Avatar
United_States
1163
Rep
2,157
Posts

Drives: BMWs
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: US

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmboone25 View Post
They also said a CF roof was IMPOSSIBLE for the M2C....just couldn't be done.



Not sure what miracle happened to allow the CF roof on the M2CS. Maybe they built a whole new factory just for this car....

Or they were just making shit up, to pacify folks who got an M2C but wanted the CF roof.
I'm wondering if this will be a new precedent. No more CF roof for M and MC cars?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 05:48 AM   #65
medphysdave
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
1511
Rep
1,866
Posts

Drives: M2 CS waiting list
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttleblip View Post
The OP post is real.
Is this just opinion, or are you going to back up that statement with something the rest of us can buy into?
Appreciate 1
JustChris11378.00

      05-19-2019, 07:10 AM   #66
kepler
Drittes Pedal ist Pflicht
United_States
1137
Rep
1,026
Posts

Drives: Soon...M2 CS
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

The deciding factor for me will be the sound. Any chance the M2 CS has a proper exhaust note?
__________________
BMW ///M: 2020 M2 CS 6MT - Coming soon
2013 E92 M3 Alpine White 6MT ZCP Speed Cloth - No Navigation or iDrive - Sold
2013 E92 M3 Space Grey 6MT ZCP Speed Cloth - Sold
2003 E46 M3 Carbon Black on Black 6MT - Sold
PORSCHE: Numerous GT3/4's and other 911's over the years.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST