BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > BMW 2NH (M Sport Brake) shortage delaying deliveries?

09-17-2018, 03:53 AM   #177
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Hey MR

Thanks for your update. I do fully understand about US vehicles being built first etc. my compliant is about cars rolling on german streets, Switzerland, Czech and what not all other parts of Europe...

I signed the contract on 1st of june and got into status 111 (order accepted at BMW AG) on 4th of june. I am #1 allocation of my dealer. So one should think BMW knew exactly what they need for my car since beginning of june.

Questionable is that how it is possible three weeks before delivery to find out something is missing? I am having a hard time believing BMW is so badly organized to find out a few days before building car that some parts are missing?

From a customer perspective it also does not help at all if you see dealer cars available for sale in switzerland which are equipped with 2NH brakes as well as customer cars around on the streets as well. Why are dealer cars prioritized over customer orders?

I placed my order the same morning BMW switzerland opened the gates in the order system. This means just after few hours it was possible at all my order was in and contract signed. My order is most likely the very first of switzerland at all. So why is it possible that so many who obviously ordered after me already have in hand what they ordered?

All my dealer can do is giving me a loaner car which i have to pay for. At the moment i do not even know for how long? Might be april 2019, on my costs?

Who can I complain to if not my dealer? They don‘t even get Infos from BMW if they demand for it. They didn‘t even realize that all M2C‘s they ordered where delayed untill i sent them the infos about it and pointed out several times that things are going wrong.

„Frustration“ is by far not enough to describe what I am currently going through. And after all, not my dealer, not BMW, no one cares.

This is just not how things should be. It‘s just an absolutely awful experience, it is a shame!

Last edited by ///M Houbi; 09-17-2018 at 05:55 AM..
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2018, 05:27 AM   #178
Twinsturbo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton AW MT

I am suspecting that the same thing could happen to me, my car is scheduled for delivery in Sweden end of October With 2NH. No signs of delay yet, but i dont know how much info my dealer gets even though i have been talking to them about this 2NH delay.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 05:34 AM   #179
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsturbo View Post
I am suspecting that the same thing could happen to me, my car is scheduled for delivery in Sweden end of October With 2NH. No signs of delay yet, but i dont know how much info my dealer gets even though i have been talking to them about this 2NH delay.
it did so with mine for roughly 3 weeks. They where 100% sure all is just fine. Exactly until three weeks before delivery. Then suddently it was not fine anymore. Because of what i have told them three weeks before.............
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 08:31 AM   #180
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Houbi View Post
Hey MR

Thanks for your update. I do fully understand about US vehicles being built first etc. my compliant is about cars rolling on german streets, Switzerland, Czech and what not all other parts of Europe...

I signed the contract on 1st of june and got into status 111 (order accepted at BMW AG) on 4th of june. I am #1 allocation of my dealer. So one should think BMW knew exactly what they need for my car since beginning of june.

Questionable is that how it is possible three weeks before delivery to find out something is missing? I am having a hard time believing BMW is so badly organized to find out a few days before building car that some parts are missing?

From a customer perspective it also does not help at all if you see dealer cars available for sale in switzerland which are equipped with 2NH brakes as well as customer cars around on the streets as well. Why are dealer cars prioritized over customer orders?

I placed my order the same morning BMW switzerland opened the gates in the order system. This means just after few hours it was possible at all my order was in and contract signed. My order is most likely the very first of switzerland at all. So why is it possible that so many who obviously ordered after me already have in hand what they ordered?

All my dealer can do is giving me a loaner car which i have to pay for. At the moment i do not even know for how long? Might be april 2019, on my costs?

Who can I complain to if not my dealer? They don‘t even get Infos from BMW if they demand for it. They didn‘t even realize that all M2C‘s they ordered where delayed untill i sent them the infos about it and pointed out several times that things are going wrong.

„Frustration“ is by far not enough to describe what I am currently going through. And after all, not my dealer, not BMW, no one cares.

This is just not how things should be. It‘s just an absolutely awful experience, it is a shame!
Few answers from my end... We all don't know what happened. Maybe a factory burned down last minute and they cannot make the brakes anymore. Maybe there is another issue. We honestly do not know right now.

Dealer cars are always before customer cars with BMW, because dealer cars are meant to be used to sell more customer cars. Call it the chicken and the egg, but it is better to have a chicken to lay more eggs, than to wait until the egg is fetched... You get my point.

Reason you are later? The importance of your dealer in the network that is all I can say. The person behind a desk at the CH importer allocates cars and does this manually in a computer. It is like connecting an order to a slot. If someone is given preference then you are pushed further backwards. I could easily see in a country like CH that certain "more important people" aka buyers with bigger wallets are pushed ahead of you. Seen it before, and I would not be amazed.

Pay for your loan car? I had that before 10 years ago with my first MINI, but I knew when my car would come so I knew the expected cost. You can make a deal with the dealer or buy a shitbox in the meantime to deal with it. I have luckily a second car. In the end, I would not accept not knowing when your car is coming. Make sure to get a deal asap.

Welcome to the world of cars... Anything with boobs and wheels gives you shit, just remember that I would do the following: Go to the dealer and ask for a reasonable estimation of the arrival of your vehicle. If they cannot do that, tell them that you will cancel your order (first read your sales contract properly) if they cannot deliver the car on time and as spec-ed by you initially.

See what they say... Use your contact at the factory to find your car and see where it is. Of course, this all based on the fact that you want your car to arrive with any brake kit available. If you want the M Sports brake kit, then discuss with your dealer the options. In the end, if they are not able to deliver the product as you ordered it, than under European law you could say you want your money back and you don't pay for the car. There are numerous ways out of this and you can play it hard.

Also you have a contract with your dealer not with BMW! The dealer needs to fulfill their obligation of delivering the product you have asked for. The dealer should also be given the option to deliver the car. If they can't, they should be given the option to find a solution. If they can't, then you should talk about cancellation the purchase agreement.

All in all, let me know if you need any help with this. Happy to help, but better not to fully overtake this topic with your problem, but move it to Whatsapp or so.

MR
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      09-17-2018, 08:37 AM   #181
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Hi MR

Thanks for all your efforts you put into this!

All i want after all is the car the way i ordered it, and i want a bit of fair treatment. People also overlook that we pay nearly TWICE the price let's say an US customer does. And i am also pretty sure that my CHF is exactly the same net worth as a CHF from someone else...

WhatsApp is a good idea!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 08:40 AM   #182
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Nice words, MR.

In other words as with everything in life, we are all equal but some are more equal than others (or have bigger wallets)

There's always a pecking order and BMW, as with any business, has to prioritise to mitigate any damages and than means regular customers last.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 08:43 AM   #183
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Nice words, MR.

In other words as with everything in life, we are all equal but some are more equal than others (or have bigger wallets)

There's always a pecking order and BMW, as with any business, has to prioritise to mitigate any damages and than means regular customers last.
As someone who is working in the supercar world, I have seen it all like mention above...

It is one of the reasons I will never ever buy a supercar, and if I do it is an investment to park in a shed to appreciate in value like a painting.

Just add all that shit above x 10 plus the reliability factor, and owning these things is a hell.

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 09:05 AM   #184
GarryF
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: SSII E90 M3

my uk car has just been built and is now sitting at the port, no 2NH but it does have manual and 788M black
Appreciate 2
///M Houbi1655.00
      09-17-2018, 10:55 AM   #185
kmuk2005
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition (HS, DCT)

How are you feeling about the 788's in black that aren't black?

I was looking online/in the brochure again today that still depicts a jet black finish - which is what i want/thought i ordered v the 'smoked' real-world. Never seen them in the flesh but expecting to be disappointed and debating whether to get into an argument with my dealer when i pick mine up in 2 weeks time. Anyone else feeling the same?
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 11:03 AM   #186
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

I'm getting increasingly frustrated by my dealership. They have been ignoring all of my emails and phone calls on this subject for the last month!

I'm currently investigating finance options on used Porsche 911's as the customer care is beyond useless!!!

I appreciate this happens with all brands, but to run into shortages and delivery delays at this stage seems amateurish at best amd ignorant and worst! I placed my order in May and it's now looking like if the reports are to be believed I wont see my car until April 2019 - By anyones standard that's far too long for an "everyday car"!
Appreciate 2
///M Houbi1655.00
cptobvious2531.50
      09-17-2018, 07:56 PM   #187
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

I ordered my non 2NH DCT 788 black M2c at the beginning of August. Production week last week and it came in today at my dealership.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 4
cptobvious2531.50
///M Houbi1655.00
JustChris17608.50
Davil6601.50
      09-17-2018, 09:01 PM   #188
cptobvious
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C HS DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
I ordered my non 2NH DCT 788 black M2c at the beginning of August. Production week last week and it came in today at my dealership.

Cheers
Robin
If M Houbi sees you, he's going to wring your neck!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 09:17 PM   #189
Voski
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F31 325d *E82 1M coupe*

I ordered my M2 as the first beginning of May, now the car is produced on 3 September. But the car is still waiting at the factory for transport? While cars have already been delivered that have been produced after mine ... This is not normal?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 12:18 AM   #190
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptobvious View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post

Cheers
Robin
If M Houbi sees you, he's going to wring your neck!
Of course....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 12:21 AM   #191
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmuk2005 View Post
How are you feeling about the 788's in black that aren't black?

I was looking online/in the brochure again today that still depicts a jet black finish - which is what i want/thought i ordered v the 'smoked' real-world. Never seen them in the flesh but expecting to be disappointed and debating whether to get into an argument with my dealer when i pick mine up in 2 weeks time. Anyone else feeling the same?
I'm the opposite. I didn't want all black wheels, I don't like them at all. So I ordered silver. But now ive seen all the owner pictures of "black which isn't black" ive changed my order to add them last minute.

I think it's the same with the M3M4 spoked options you can get jet black too?
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 06:57 AM   #192
kmuk2005
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition (HS, DCT)

HA!!! guess i'll just wait and see. Will probably end up loving the smoked finish : )
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 07:08 AM   #193
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
BMW M has said the following to me:

“Demand for the M2 Competition and selected optional extras, such as the M Sport brakes, has exceeded our expectations many times over. This means supply bottlenecks may occur at present with certain options. BMW M is working flat out to eliminate the bottlenecks and has already introduced measures which will enable it to attend to customers’ wishes as quickly as possible.”

The carbon trunk will be available end of this year, the carbon roof within next year.

MR
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      09-18-2018, 09:23 AM   #194
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep

So I have just had word back from my dealership and it isn't very encouraging, I quote:

Dealer:
"The only thing they could say is that it would only change once it gets to its originally specified build week and that is showing as week 45."

Me:
"So I would know of any delays until it’s scheduled build week? Which is November?"

Dealer:
"Wish I could give you some specifics but that is all I have at the moment. They say it could possibly be delayed until Qtr1 but they won’t know until the factory looks at individual specification closer to the build slot. Guess they might say that in case the supply of the brakes for example are available again but they haven’t stated that is the case.

"By all means you a welcome to call BMW if you feel they can tell you something I am not aware of. Customer service number is: 0370 5050160."

So looks as if I'm left with a 2 month wait to see if I will have a delay...... Which is two months potentially wasted on finding a replacement! Great car Utterly useless service from BMW, my first M car and almost certainly my last.......
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #195
doughboy
Major General
Rep

Or drop the 2NH option?

My first AMG was delayed by 6 months. That was my last AMG.

When did you order apachesmith?

Last edited by doughboy; 09-18-2018 at 10:07 AM..
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8784.00
      09-18-2018, 09:43 AM   #196
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Or drop the 2NH option?

This. You keep your money and the big brakes arent necessary at all. And save 16kgs Stock brakes are brembos: other pads and fluid if you're going to do trackdays.

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
Davil6601.50
      09-18-2018, 11:22 AM   #197
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Or drop the 2NH option?

When did you order apachesmith?
Placed my order in May signed docs in June.........
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2018, 11:25 AM   #198
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep

Im currently looking at used M4 CS's, 991'S, Cayman 981 GTS, Cayman R's..... I really like the 2NH brakes, I feel like they fill the wheels nicely and finish of that aggressive look, I may well ditch that as an option if in November BMW confirm the delay but this whole saga has got me looking at the used market and some interesting options available in or around the same money as a new M2....
Appreciate 0