BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > BMW 2NH (M Sport Brake) shortage delaying deliveries?

09-18-2018, 04:27 PM   #199
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachesmith View Post
So I have just had word back from my dealership and it isn't very encouraging, I quote:

Dealer:
"The only thing they could say is that it would only change once it gets to its originally specified build week and that is showing as week 45."

Me:
"So I would know of any delays until it’s scheduled build week? Which is November?"

Dealer:
"Wish I could give you some specifics but that is all I have at the moment. They say it could possibly be delayed until Qtr1 but they won’t know until the factory looks at individual specification closer to the build slot. Guess they might say that in case the supply of the brakes for example are available again but they haven’t stated that is the case.

"By all means you a welcome to call BMW if you feel they can tell you something I am not aware of. Customer service number is: 0370 5050160."

So looks as if I'm left with a 2 month wait to see if I will have a delay...... Which is two months potentially wasted on finding a replacement! Great car Utterly useless service from BMW, my first M car and almost certainly my last.......
This is not really weird... I can see the point and how this works within the factory as a process. They only know more closer to the date and I think the closest they know is around mid October, also because other people can change or cancel their order last minute and then the limited number of brake kits that are available could be allocated differently and one could end up on your car.

At this moment they cannot delay a car that is built in two months, because they don't know if supply is in order yet at that moment. I can see the point of the dealer not knowing this. Not much you can do here other than sit still and wait or go for another car.

MR
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 12:17 AM   #200
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

I think this is pretty unusual for an mcar. I've certainly not come across it in nearly 10 years on these forums.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 11:32 PM   #201
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

My US car was just completed on schedule this week. Not sure where all the delays are internationally.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 12:39 AM   #202
hellrotm
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tekcorps View Post
My US car was just completed on schedule this week. Not sure where all the delays are internationally.
I could see US cars getting priority since the brakes are standard.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 04:50 AM   #203
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
There are also other countries with 2NH as standard, Spain for example.

As it looks the delays now trigger down to US orders as well, which is no surprise at all.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 07:21 AM   #204
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

In Germany: from 11/18 ( november) the 2NH bbk isn't anymore in the price list as an option due to unavailability.
Available from 4/19...

https://www.1erforum.de/threads/m2-c...9-2018.250343/

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 1
      09-20-2018, 07:40 AM   #205
Hender214
Rep
Drives: M4 comp

I'm the same placed my order in May while I was working away told it would be mid Sept delivery which was ideal for me i would be back home. Then it was delayed a month, just got told today after I emailed them it's delayed even further no date. But if I remove the brakes I can have it at the first delayed date. It's just not good enough in my eyes. I sold my car before I went away as I had my deposit down from early last year. I'm now without a car and due to go back to work mid october haha.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 08:59 AM   #206
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition (ordered)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hender214 View Post
I'm the same placed my order in May while I was working away told it would be mid Sept delivery which was ideal for me i would be back home. Then it was delayed a month, just got told today after I emailed them it's delayed even further no date. But if I remove the brakes I can have it at the first delayed date. It's just not good enough in my eyes. I sold my car before I went away as I had my deposit down from early last year. I'm now without a car and due to go back to work mid october haha.
Which dealership if you don't mind saying.... This sounds very similar to my story - while others have had their cars delivered already in the UK - I'm starting to think the dealerships have a lot to answer for on when they processed our orders......
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 09:13 AM   #207
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Same shitt everywhere.... i should be driving my car since a few days.

I guess it will be april next year then....... :
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 09:59 AM   #208
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Houbi View Post
Same shitt everywhere.... i should be driving my car since a few days.

I guess it will be april next year then....... :
The normal Brembo brakes are just fine trust me

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 10:05 AM   #209
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
I know they are absolutely fine and also about the „pluses" they would bring like less weight, 18" winter tyres and so on. I am aware of that.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 10:07 AM   #210
Hender214
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apachesmith View Post
Which dealership if you don't mind saying.... This sounds very similar to my story - while others have had their cars delivered already in the UK - I'm starting to think the dealerships have a lot to answer for on when they processed our orders......
Mine went through park lane bmw as I'm in the forces that who we order through. They have told me there's nothing they can offer or do, leave the brakes on pick it up next year or take them off pick it up October. I don't want to do either that's the problem. I'm not stuck without a car till I either order something else or wait. They have said I can have my deposit back if I cancel it.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 10:16 AM   #211
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Mine went through park lane bmw as I'm in the forces that who we order through. They have told me there's nothing they can offer or do, leave the brakes on pick it up next year or take them off pick it up October. I don't want to do either that's the problem. I'm not stuck without a car till I either order something else or wait. They have said I can have my deposit back if I cancel it.
Not the same as me..... there goes that theory....Looks like I'm going to have to ditch the big brakes then......Wonder if BMW would honor fitting the M-Performance options for the same price in April when they are back in stock?
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #212
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Anyone who had to order blue brakes but wants 2NH can buy mine but shipping to EU might be more expensive than brakes themselves
Appreciate 3
      09-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #213
3tekcorps
Major
Rep
Drives: In Gestation

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Anyone who had to order blue brakes but wants 2NH can buy mine but shipping to EU might be more expensive than brakes themselves
Thought about this, but can already hear buyers in 3 years.

"Love your car, but i'll need to buy correct brakes for track use! Can you help with out with a $6,000 price reduction"
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 11:49 AM   #214
M-Pilot
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:

"Love your car, but i'll need to buy correct brakes for track use! Can you help with out with a $6,000 price reduction"
Correct brakes for track use? If a potential buyer thinks heavier 2NH brakes that doesn't allow 18" wheels are better than full AP Racing kit then I rather find a new buyer
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8782.50
///M Houbi1655.00
      09-20-2018, 12:04 PM   #215
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Quote:

Correct brakes for track use? If a potential buyer thinks heavier 2NH brakes that doesn't allow 18" wheels are better than full AP Racing kit then I rather find a new buyer
Exactly my point.

Porsche 718 is one of the best 'affordable' sportscars if not the best atm.
But take a look at the brakediscs, they're pretty small in diameter but do their job better than any other brand stock.

The bigger diameter suggests shorter stopping distance but it's about durability and endurance on trackdays, nothing more and nothing less. But you still need other pads (and fluid)

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 05:49 AM   #216
Twinsturbo
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: M2 Competiton AW MT

My car went in to prod(status 150) on the 19th with 2NH. Seems like the different markets got their quote on brakes!?
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 09:05 AM   #217
Hender214
Rep

I've just been told that my dealer changed the brakes on my order to the standard to see if my delivery date changed and before they could change it back it went into production and issued a chassis number. Now they said they can 're order my car and see if it's a delivery date around march/April or I can collect the one being built in October (not the spec I ordered).

Where do I stand on this now they haven't said sorry or even offered me anything for hanging the spec of my car without asking me.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 09:28 AM   #218
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I've just been told that my dealer changed the brakes on my order to the standard to see if my delivery date changed and before they could change it back it went into production and issued a chassis number. Now they said they can 're order my car and see if it's a delivery date around march/April or I can collect the one being built in October (not the spec I ordered).

Where do I stand on this now they haven't said sorry or even offered me anything for hanging the spec of my car without asking me.
That's simply not on.... I would push them very hard for replacing your standard brakes with the M-Performance brakes (When Available) for the same price as the optional performance brakes (£1,800) including fitting. That way you're not out of pocket and you get your car on schedule!
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 09:29 AM   #219
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Hender124,

Seems you've got the best of both worlds there. I wouldn't moan.

You can choose no 2NH and your car will be here in Oct. Or they can re order and you'll be where you were before with just a held order not in the production system. Could be april could be next sept who knows.

I think they've done you a favour. Not sure who should be saying thank you...

Personally I'm well over losing my 2NH. Regular brakes are just great and a shed load lighter. Get your car next month, save the money buy some proper pads, fluid, pay for a track day and go out on a big night out instead...you could drop dead waiting for those big brakes. Then you'll be really pissed off...
Appreciate 2
Robin_NL8782.50
cptobvious2531.50
      09-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #220
Apachesmith
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Hender124,

Seems you've got the best of both worlds there. I wouldn't moan.

You can choose no 2NH and your car will be here in Oct. Or they can re order and you'll be where you were before with just a held order not in the production system. Could be april could be next sept who knows.

I think they've done you a favour. Not sure who should be saying thank you...

Personally I'm well over losing my 2NH. Regular brakes are just great and a shed load lighter. Get your car next month, save the money buy some proper pads, fluid, pay for a track day and go out on a big night out instead...you could drop dead waiting for those big brakes. Then you'll be really pissed off...
Or that.....
Appreciate 0