BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

12-12-2016, 05:22 AM   #1
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

(SOLD) 2011 M3 - Comp Package, ESS Supercharged, Stoptech BBK + FREE SHIPPING!!

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I haven't posted this on here yet simply due to my location, because I figured it would be a tough sale to individuals in the US, but I want max exposure to get this sold, so here it is. The car is located in Kaiserslautern, Germany. IT IS A US SPEC CAR!

For any serious buyers in the US, since the car was originally purchased in Germany under the military program, it qualifies for the "Free Home Shipping" program. That being said, I need to look into the technicalities of it, but I can ship the car from Germany to the nearest major port in the US nearly free of charge. You are welcome to catch a flight to Germany to view the car in person, and then we can work out the shipping once a deal is made! DISCLAIMER: All taxes are the responsibility of the buyer. Do your homework on the state tax laws in which you plan to register the vehicle!

Original Ad on Bookoo:
Price:
-$39,000.00 OBRO

I can show the car any day, Mon-Fri on Ramstein AB from 0730-1630, or in Obernheim Mon-Fri from 1700-2000, or anytime in Obernheim Sat-Sun. This is not my daily driver, so please call me at least 24 hours in advance to schedule a test drive on Ramstein AB.

The E9x series M3 is arguably the LAST real ///M car. With a 4.0L V8 producing 414bhp and 295 lb/ft torque from the factory, it is the last ///M3 to use a bespoke engine made specifically for the ///M series of cars. This particular car is fully optioned with every package available at the time, including Competition Package, and it has the DCT transmission. The exterior is Interlagos Blue, with black Novillo leather on the interior. Due to the fact that 2011 was the last model year they made the sedan, and 2010 the first year the M3 was offered with the Competition Package, this is a rare combination that was produced in low numbers.

Reason for sale is I am looking at the possibility of moving into something new within the next year. It's been an amazing ride and I love this car, but I don't have room for two toys. I know any potential buyer will fall in love as soon as they get behind the wheel. I have that much confidence in this cars ability to sell itself!

I am the 4th owner of this car, and have babied it from day one. I have spoken to the original owner and the 3rd owner so I understand the level of care that went into this car from the time it was new. I have records detailing the vehicle's entire lifespan to include the names of all owners 3 prior owners, dates and place of every transfer of ownership, as well as maintenance records from day one that I can share with any potential buyers. The odometer currently sits at just over 54,000 miles as of mid December, but should not go up much since the car is not driven often (only about 2500 miles/year).

There are nearly $20,000 worth of modifications that have went into this car to enhance its performance/appearance:

-ESS VT1-550 Supercharger w/ carbon fiber manifold
-Rogue Engineering Resonated Test Pipes (primary cat delete)
-OEM Exhaust Mod
-Turner Motorsports 15mm/12mm Spacers
-iND Distribution Keyhole Delete
-iND Distribution Gloss Black Fender Grills
-JB Speed Gloss Black Trunk Emblem
-Stoptech ST60/ST40, 6/4 Piston, 380/355mm Big Brake Kit
-Colormatched Bumper Markers
-Gloss Black Hood Grills
-Verstraße Shift Paddles
-Euro LCI Tail Light Swap
-Euro Headlight Switch
-Satin Black (GTS) ZCP Wheels
-AC Schnitzer Pedal set (accelerator, brake, dead pedal)
-Nokya Hyper Yellow 2500k Angel Eye Bulbs

The car was dynoed at BR Performance in Luxembourg, and put down 559bhp and 371lb/ft of torque at just over 7500 RPM's. Based on the trend of the dyno chart and dyno charts of similar setups, actual power output is closer to 585bhp at redline (8400RPMs).

The wheels were just refinished in satin black powdercoat in early November so they are 100% flawless. Brand new Continental ExtremeContact DW tires were installed as well. Less than 100 miles on them as of mid December!!

Keep in mind, this is an enthusiasts car with an enthusiasts price tag. I can provide several references who know the car and have seen/ridden in it in person that can vouch for it. A great deal of time, money and effort has gone into modifying and maintaining this car and the price is a reflection of that. You can view my build thread on M3post.com below where there is a link to my YouTube channel with a few videos featuring the car:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1102054

Because nothing is perfect and I believe in full disclosure, I will be up front and say that the following items could use attention to make the car perfect. These items are in my opinion not anything that should concern a potential buyer, but I want to be 100% up front from the beginning:

1. The front bumper has a small paint blemish. It is hard to see, but due to this and the fact there are some rock chips, the front bumper could use a re-spray (approximately $350).

2. The subwoofer under the passenger seat occasionally makes a slight crackling noise and needs to be replaced. 95% of the time it sounds fine, but on songs with heavier amounts of bass it will be noticeable. (A replacement subwoofer is approximately $175 on Ebay and will be replaced before the car is sold).

3. When the supercharger was being shipped, the manifold was damaged by the shipping company and it was not noticed until it was too late to file a claim. The manifold underwent a repair process in which the cracks were sanded, filled with epoxy and buffed/polished to make them less noticeable. The cracks are improved vastly, but are still visible in certain lighting conditions. The cracks are in the epoxy resin itself, and do not affect the carbon fiber weave.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/

Last edited by Rat3d ///M; 12-19-2016 at 06:02 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2016, 04:09 PM   #2
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
      12-15-2016, 06:25 AM   #3
Bimmed Out
There Is No Substitute
Rep
Drives: Several 911's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat3d ///M View Post
I am highly motivated to sell the car, but not interested in giving it away. I have had a few people contact me in hopes I will lower my price. If you come by to view the car and offer me $36k, you will leave disappointed I promise you. To be honest, I love the car and have no issues enjoying it further until the right buyer comes along. I do not need to sell it, and the only reason I am letting it go is because I want to fund the purchase of another car. It will be for sale until it is gone and I want to move the car ASAP, but only to the right buyer for the right price. With that said, my price is $39,000.00 OBRO. It is typical that sellers will ask a few thousand more than they are really looking to get anticipating that someone will offer much less, thereby getting their real asking price. This is not how I do business. My price is what I am after, nothing more, nothing less, so please respect my price and don't waste our time contacting me if you are not interested at, or at least close to my asking price.
Is there a seller anywhere who doesn't want to move his product ASAP "to the right buyer at the right price"? If you want to spare yourself the back-and-forth with potential buyers (and skip writing a thesis about your position on pricing), I would recommend just listing a price and stating clearly that you are firm on it. With this said, your car looks gorgeous and I think you have it priced very fairly! GLWS!
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kepler View Post
Is there a seller anywhere who doesn't want to move his product ASAP "to the right buyer at the right price"? If you want to spare yourself the back-and-forth with potential buyers (and skip writing a thesis about your position on pricing), I would recommend just listing a price and stating clearly that you are firm on it. With this said, your car looks gorgeous and I think you have it priced very fairly! GLWS!
Thanks for the advice. I actually just rewrote a large portion of my ad today, and updated it on here in the OP as well. It took out a bunch of the justification of my price and talked more about the car (tried to make it more enticing for potential buyers to read).

FWIW, I just had a thought that slipped my mind completely before. If any US buyers are serious about the car, the car has free home shipping through BMW GMBH (I believe I just pay $250 port fees). I need to double check on it, but assuming I can ship it for the new owner with the free shipping program, I will cover the port fees and have the car shipped to the nearest US port for any buyer who pays full price.
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 0