BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

03-17-2021, 03:57 PM   #2553
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

It's nothing to do with silencer / muffler valves open, it's DME cold start retarded ignition that is the CAT preheat mode (and noise).

No bimmerlink can't fix it.

I've mapped it out with BM3, nice quiet starts at normal idle
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2021, 01:37 AM   #2554
Foley
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M430i G22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Uk_m2 View Post
Works ok for me with Veepeak what adapter are you using?
I'm using OBDLink MX+
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2021, 11:04 PM   #2555
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Anyone else having problems connecting with an Enet cable and iPhone? The app doesn't seem to want to connect for me. Hardware seems fine as my cable/adapter work in other applications. I have a 12 mini and I'm on the latest updates and os for everything.

Poochie
      03-24-2021, 01:32 AM   #2556
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewC1989 View Post
Anyone else having problems connecting with an Enet cable and iPhone? The app doesn't seem to want to connect for me. Hardware seems fine as my cable/adapter work in other applications. I have a 12 mini and I'm on the latest updates and os for everything.

Poochie
You have to give it little less than a minute or so, after you plug in the cable, before you load up the Bimmercode APP, for the cable to start communication and fully sync up with your phone.

I've experienced this phone identification delay sometimes but it always begin working, after awhile of waiting. 🤷🏻

Glad you're attempting to code via a phone adaptor and a direct ENet cable because it's lighting fast! - no pun intended.

This was my little secret, of which I was hesitant to make know publicly of its speed advantage, simple because of this same issue you've mentioned, as I didn't want a bunch of angry, impatient members coming after me.

However, now that the cats out; I'll confirm personally that once you get all up and working together, a direct cable is by far the fastest way of coding your vehicle, with an iPhone, more so than any and all wireless dongle options on the market.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 08:20 AM   #2557
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
You have to give it little less than a minute or so, after you plug in the cable, before you load up the Bimmercode APP, for the cable to start communication and fully sync up with your phone.
Sorry I should've clarified it's not my first attempt at this, I've used the enet method for over a year with success, always putting the phone in airplane mode and waiting for the IP address to show up in the phones enet settings before opening bimmercode and connecting. Recently though (around the time I upgraded to an iPhone 12 a few months ago) I've been getting an error message in the app after attempting to connect. I assumed perhaps the new phone, a new OS version, or an app update was to blame.

The cable and adapter I have work with other apps such as Thor, and other people seem to have the same issue so I'm going to assume it's not a hardware fault on my end:

https://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1660611

I emailed bimmercode support and all they suggested was to lock the car for a while and try again
      03-24-2021, 12:34 PM   #2558
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI, G01 m40i, E90 M3

I have the recommended adapter from BimmerCode on order right now. Will let you know if it works when it arrives. Also using an iPhone 12 (pro).

For reference: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TNDBB2X...UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2021, 12:55 PM   #2559
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxcamel View Post
I have the recommended adapter from BimmerCode on order right now. Will let you know if it works when it arrives. Also using an iPhone 12 (pro).

For reference: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TNDBB2X...UTF8&psc=1
Even though I'm 99% sure it has nothing to do with the cables I'm using, I've ordered a new adapter just to rule out the possibility of hardware incompatibility.

The current one I'm using:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1

New one I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...UTF8&psc=1
Appreciate 1
      03-25-2021, 07:40 AM   #2560
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Update:

After emailing Stephan and sending my logs he had me disconnect and reconnect my battery tender and try again using the 8 steps in the manual (under app settings) and it worked first try. Figures.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2021, 08:43 PM   #2561
bmxcamel
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 LCI, G01 m40i, E90 M3

Quote:
Update:

After emailing Stephan and sending my logs he had me disconnect and reconnect my battery tender and try again using the 8 steps in the manual (under app settings) and it worked first try. Figures.
Which adapter did you end up using? I see you posted two in the thread above. The recommended adapter on the BimmerCode website for my cars never assigns an IP.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2021, 09:49 PM   #2562
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxcamel View Post
Which adapter did you end up using? I see you posted two in the thread above. The recommended adapter on the BimmerCode website for my cars never assigns an IP.
Both work just fine, but both have unique drawbacks and benefits. With my old one (white) you can plug in a charger simultaneously which is nice if you're phone is low on battery. Problem is the cord is very short so you pretty much have to use a lot of the enet cable length. With the new one (gray) it can't charge your phone but it has a much longer cord so I can keep my enet cable tied up and don't have to unravel it and then tie it back up with Velcro ties every time I use it. Also, the white one is rated for 300mbps while the gray is only 100, but comparing them I noticed no difference in the speed it took to load menus and code. Similar price points too, so I guess it's just a matter of personal preference. I kept both but am using the gray one as my main and the white as a backup should I ever need it.
      04-01-2021, 04:57 AM   #2563
shb5007
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 21 M3C

Hello! I am brand new to coding and / or BMW's, just picked up a new 2021 M2C.

1.) I am hoping to get into coding... but start easy and learn.

2.) I am going with Bimmercode (have an email into them on equipment).

3.) Am I correct in that this is different versus engine tuning? So since mine is "newer" I know the engine tuning is "locked"... but I can still do this kind of coding, right?

4.) Is there a full list / library of recommended coding anywhere?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 03:59 PM   #2564
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shb5007 View Post
Hello! I am brand new to coding and / or BMW's, just picked up a new 2021 M2C.

1.) I am hoping to get into coding... but start easy and learn.

2.) I am going with Bimmercode (have an email into them on equipment).

3.) Am I correct in that this is different versus engine tuning? So since mine is "newer" I know the engine tuning is "locked"... but I can still do this kind of coding, right?

4.) Is there a full list / library of recommended coding anywhere?

On #3.. entirely different. Coding and tuning.. tuning is the motor and performance (which CAN change things like sport gauges and other things) and coding is changing features and functions of the car.

There is a SLIGHT overlap between the two but in general entirely different.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 06:29 PM   #2565
hshot_rooke
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Amber Front headlight Sidemarkers

Hi guys, my iDrive was just updated today and all my coding was wiped out.

I had amber headlight sidemarkers coded off and I can't remember which exact option it was.

To be clear, these are the orange lights in the front headlights that are Amber/Orange and are on when the front headlights are on and blink when the turn signals are on.

I had these coded off when the lights were on, but the blinkers still worked when you turned the turn signals on. Can someone tell me what it's called in BimmerCode?

Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2021, 09:51 PM   #2566
Rumbloki
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Faster than most

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foley View Post
I'm using OBDLink MX+
I also use Bimmercode with OBDLink MX+.

Not only is it fast and fool proof, it works with Harry's Lap Timer and brings diagnostic features of it's own.

OBDLink MX+ also works with my other cars.
      04-25-2021, 04:12 PM   #2567
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Anyone know which coding boxes to check to enable speedlimit info?

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/products...or-bmw-fseries
Seems to be zero modules needed for the 21 M2.
      04-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #2568
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Anyone know which coding boxes to check to enable speedlimit info?

https://www.bimmer-tech.net/products...or-bmw-fseries
Seems to be zero modules needed for the 21 M2.
Did you first install SLI FSC Enabling Code?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2021, 04:27 PM   #2569
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Did you first install SLI FSC Enabling Code?
Sure did not. Wasn't sure if I needed to. Not sure what these cost nowadays but I should have known this was needed. Thanks and nice to see you are still hanging around the community Shawn!
      04-25-2021, 04:30 PM   #2570
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Sure did not. Wasn't sure if I needed to. Not sure what these cost nowadays but I should have known this was needed. Thanks and nice to see you are still hanging around the community Shawn!
Yes, you need one.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2021, 11:11 AM   #2571
bdogk
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2CS,M4GTS,'21-X3

Alternate Coding App?

For some reason, I'm having trouble completing payment for the BimmerCode app on my phone. I've already contacted the developers and are waiting for further assistance from them.

In the meantime, is there another coding app anyone can recommend?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2021, 09:46 PM   #2572
PCAHvet
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M4 Heritage

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
I'm not going to go into my entire warning, but please be careful when changing these values, and use the safety value 3rd line on each seat. These numbers are for my 5'10 body and leaving enough room for rear passengers when the seat moves back when the door is opened. Any farther and I struggle to depress the pedals. However, you can tap the start button to bring the seats forward and then start the car.

In the SM2 (6d) module:
3000 SM_GLOBAL -> EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE = Modus_FA_SLV
3012 EAH -> EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS = Werte=00, 46
3012 EAH -> EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS = Werte=00, 4B

In the SM2 (6e) module:
3000 SM_GLOBAL -> EINAUSSTIEGSHILFE = UKNOWN, WERTE=03
3012 EAH -> EAH_VERFAHRWEG_SLV_PHYS = Werte=00, 46
3012 EAH -> EAH_SCHUTZFREIRAUM_HINTEN_SLV_PHYS = Werte=00, 4B
There must have been a recent BimmerCode update b/c now one does not have to enter the Expert Mode.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 06:08 PM   #2573
Daytona_550
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C / '08 550i / '23 330i

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezl View Post
Hi I finally have bimmercode and a VGate BT dongle but the submenus under the Head Unit don't show the things I want to code.

The 3 most important things for me to code are
1. the alarm when I push the start button without pressing on the brake before closing the door
2. the gong alarm when I start the car (push start while pressing on the brake) without my seatbelt buckled
3. The iDrive warning at startup that makes me push "OK" when I start the car

Am I looking in the wrong place? Is it different for the 330? Has that functionality been removed from the app?
I know the seatbelt reminders are in the ACSM (Advanced crash safety module).

The idrive warning should be in Headunit under warnings. "Warning at start-up".

Just go through every single ECU till you find what you want. It should all be there.

If it they aren't then it's possible that your car is too new (G series?) and those features haven't been added yet.
Looking for confirmation on something... I had my car serviced recently (replaced failed Front Engine Module). In the process, the dealer updated my car's "software" to the latest. I lost my Bimmercode settings for no idrive warning and no seat belt chime. I connected today to recode those settings but the ACSM and Headunit modules do not show available in Bimmercode (see pics). I am connected with F87 M2 as the vehicle listed on BC. Any chance the newly installed "software" made these modules unavailable to BC?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2021, 08:31 PM   #2574
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daytona_550 View Post
Any chance the newly installed "software" made these modules unavailable to BC?
My theory is that because the modules were updated to the newest software versions, they will not be functional until the Bimmercode app is updated by the developers to support that version. It happened to me when I retrofitted the LCI gauge cluster in my car. The associated module eventually reappeared for me several weeks (or months) later, after an app update. I really don't remember how long it took but it took some time. I'm assuming you're in the same boat, in which case just be patient and they should return on their own. Just make sure to have auto-updates for your apps turned on and check back after an update. Hopefully you don't have to wait too long.
Appreciate 2