BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Modifications > M Performance style series - CS style rear spoiler - DIY

03-09-2022, 12:32 PM   #1
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
M Performance style series - CS style rear spoiler - DIY

All right y'all, its a gorgeous Wednesday and a PERFECT day for part 2 of my 4 part carbon fiber series!

I really like the mid/high kick design of the BMW CS models, and while I had a CF trunk spoiler, I wanted to spice it up the OEM setup a bit!

This is part 2 of my full 4 part series installing the M Performance styled CS kit from CT Carbon on my M2 Comp! Their CF looks *really* good and I am loving this setup with the side wings now as well.

IMPORTANT - Don't forget, as thanks for the video, CT has issued a discount code for anyone that wants to use it - DIYGUY10 will get you 10% off any order. (other than full kits that are already discounted)

Check it out, this is really good stuff!

'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 3
      03-22-2022, 09:11 AM   #2
okla_m2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
Great video, thanks for posting! Curious on what all else is included in the CT carbon kit for the M2C. If it includes a front splitter, mind doing a video of that install?

I'm in the market for a front splitter, and really enjoy the M Perf OEM style. However, it's hard to justify the price point if I can find a similar replica elsewhere for way cheaper.

Curious on your thoughts regarding the quality of CT Carbon, haven't heard of them before.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 09:21 AM   #3
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dookayy View Post
Great video, thanks for posting! Curious on what all else is included in the CT carbon kit for the M2C. If it includes a front splitter, mind doing a video of that install?

I'm in the market for a front splitter, and really enjoy the M Perf OEM style. However, it's hard to justify the price point if I can find a similar replica elsewhere for way cheaper.

Curious on your thoughts regarding the quality of CT Carbon, haven't heard of them before.
Funny you mention that.. *laugh* Actually the last of the set, the front splitter will go live tomorrow! I am really impressed with the quality, and for myself while yes one can often find cheaper elsewhere, I am tired of getting burned by bad CF. I have had several purchases go VERY badly when I bought cheap, and in several couldnt even get my money back as the vendor *cough China, looking at you cough* just gave me the finger about the issue.

So yes.. install video up tomorrow morning!
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 09:35 AM   #4
okla_m2c
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Funny you mention that.. *laugh* Actually the last of the set, the front splitter will go live tomorrow! I am really impressed with the quality, and for myself while yes one can often find cheaper elsewhere, I am tired of getting burned by bad CF. I have had several purchases go VERY badly when I bought cheap, and in several couldnt even get my money back as the vendor *cough China, looking at you cough* just gave me the finger about the issue.

That's exactly my concern.. getting cheap CF parts from China. Glad to hear that you approve of CT's quality! I hope shipping wasn't too much to the States.

Looking forward to the video!
Appreciate 1
      03-22-2022, 01:58 PM   #5
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

Quote:
All right y'all, its a gorgeous Wednesday and a PERFECT day for part 2 of my 4 part carbon fiber series!

I really like the mid/high kick design of the BMW CS models, and while I had a CF trunk spoiler, I wanted to spice it up the OEM setup a bit!

This is part 2 of my full 4 part series installing the M Performance styled CS kit from CT Carbon on my M2 Comp! Their CF looks *really* good and I am loving this setup with the side wings now as well.

IMPORTANT - Don't forget, as thanks for the video, CT has issued a discount code for anyone that wants to use it - DIYGUY10 will get you 10% off any order. (other than full kits that are already discounted)

Check it out, this is really good stuff!

May be best to steer clear of energy drinks / caffeine / sugar before doing the intro...
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2022, 03:19 PM   #6
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
May be best to steer clear of energy drinks / caffeine / sugar before doing the intro...
I know right? But, I am better WITH caffeine rather than without, trust me. 8)
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 09:11 AM   #7
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopropham View Post
That's exactly my concern.. getting cheap CF parts from China. Glad to hear that you approve of CT's quality! I hope shipping wasn't too much to the States.

Looking forward to the video!
The video is up!

Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 10:08 AM   #8
okla_m2c
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
The video is up!
This is awesome! Thanks for the posting. Quality indeed looks good, especially for half the price as OEM. I was eyeing a CF splitter off of ebay that would be ~$200 cheaper than CT Carbon's, but I might end up going w/ CT. I'm surprised I haven't seen much of their stuff here on the forums.

How long did it take for you to receive the parts from UK?

Now the question is whether or not I want to go with the M Perf or the CS style splitter..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2022, 10:15 AM   #9
BMW DIY Guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopropham View Post
This is awesome! Thanks for the posting. Quality indeed looks good, especially for half the price as OEM. I was eyeing a CF splitter off of ebay that would be ~$200 cheaper than CT Carbon's, but I might end up going w/ CT. I'm surprised I haven't seen much of their stuff here on the forums.

How long did it take for you to receive the parts from UK?

Now the question is whether or not I want to go with the M Perf or the CS style splitter..

I just ordered some more parts from them and takes about 6 days to Seattle
Appreciate 1
      03-23-2022, 11:15 PM   #10
Wolfman’s Brother
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:

This reads like the worst infomercial ever. Did Mode change their name to CT?

Last edited by Wolfman’s Brother; 03-24-2022 at 09:26 AM..
Appreciate 0