2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW DIY Guy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_curebimmer View Post
Your Zunsport installation video inspired me to get the lower pieces (thanks for that tip) and I believe Zunsport products are 100% worth it. But now I have the kidney portion all open, and want to cover them up, to be 'all matchy-matchy' and protective. Honestly, I like the more uniform look the Zunsport grill set provides to the bonnet...

How did the kidney grille screen/mesh option above work out for you? If you installed it, indulge me some silly Qs:

- Is the mesh 'cheaply made', especially compared to the Zunsport one?

- are they black or silver in colour?

- what is the material: SS, aluminum or some plastic?

- I can't visualize how to attach the actual mesh to the rear section of the kidney grille...would you just 'loop' the cable tie around the front slats? If so, won't they be visible from the front? Appreciate any tips on that...

- I know, quite pricey for some chicken-coop wire, but I am still considering it given that it should provide better protection vs. leaving the gaping hole. So is this the entire kit: 2 mesh pieces + 4 zip ties?

Lastly, I am surprised that no one has come up with a drop in kidney grille replacement that already has the wire mesh welded at the rear. I would pay for that instead of going through all this trouble...
So candidly the CSR screens are absolutely worthless AND useless. They are rough cut out of black steel chicken wire, and all of those ends are sharp. The install would be like zip ties or something, and no doubt would tear up the inside of the bumper cover with all of those raw edges. I have them but will not be installing them.
Well, appreciate providing your unfiltered input. Thanks for saving us go down this useless route…

So what other feasible options are there?
None for pre-made that I have seen for the kidneys
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 1