jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-on-Cars View Post
For anyone who doesn't understand the love for 1M, go drive one.
If someone think their 'modified' 135i is better than 1M, let it be.
Or if you think m235 has faster lap times than 1M, buy a m235 then.
SF90 is a whopping 10 seconds faster on Fiorano than F40.
I know which one I want.

And I wanna say thank you to anyone who doesn't like 1M, because I have one less competitor. I already have one now. But I wanna buy one more. One for daily, one for weekends. That's how much I like it.

I'm not saying all other car are shit except 1M, instead, I like them all. I love M2C especially.
But I only have certain amount of money, I cannot have them all. And for the money I have, I want max excitement and happiness. My name was on M2CS list since Sept of 2016. More than 3 full years of waiting now. It's fair to say I was really looking forward to it. But now, difference between M2C and M2CS does not justify the price increase imho. Especially it is not any lighter. With $30 - $40 thousand dollars more expensive than 1M, I might gladly take a 1M.

When I purchase my second 1M, I'll post on 1addicts to share my excitement.

I also wrote a long comparison between 1m and m2C.
If anyone is interested. here's a link.
https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1655704

As a 1M owner that tracks his car and also hangs out with BMW CCA members taking long drives in the country , I have met several people that have owned/own all three .. and generally their comments are ..

1M- " purist. 6MT hydraulic rack - * absolute keeper* "
M2- " faster , great daily "
M2C- "even faster , most capable of the trio on track. S55 shines in this car "

1M Tex ilovebmws are a few ...

I feel lucky to own a 1M. Particularly after owning an E30 M3. Having driven one on street and track, The M2 is a fantastic follow up. The M2C is faster and seemingly more agile with more power in the chassis.

I would like to add an M2 . Not replace the 1M. A used M2 and a new M2C are the best values. I agree .. The M2 CS.. is just too .. extra ...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I have a 1M and a M2 and plan on getting M2 CS to replace the M4 I have now and you are right on the money!