Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Where are folk ordering these parts successfully? After getting the order cancelled by several online vendors, and my local dealership can't do so ( and I live near BMWNW, wouldnt spend a DIME with them EVER) and now I just got the following:

I ordered successfully from BMW of Monterey, but got the following REQUIREMENTS back:

Thanks for your order.
I see that you are ordering Motorsport Parts. For us to order Motorsport Parts for you we are contractually bound to get some information from you as follows. Once you can satisfy all of this and return the Waiver we can follow through with the order. The waiver is attached.

5) To prevent any risk related to the sale or installation of BMW Motorsport Parts, [BMW Dealer] agrees to obtain from every Motorsport Customer, in writing:

• Verification that the Motorsport Customer is licensed by SCCA, BMW CCA, FIA, IMSA or has equivalent experience 3 and is authorized to use Racing Vehicles in closed-course track racing;
• A Racing/Off-Road Parts Disclaimer, Waiver and Release (the “Disclaimer”) in the form attached as Exhibit D. [BMW Dealer] agrees to notify BMW NA of the name of those Motorsport Customers with whom it does business and maintain a copy of all Disclaimers at its principal place of business and make the same available for inspection at BMW NA’s discretion. Failure to obtain accurate information on the Disclaimer and maintain such Disclaimers for BMW NA’s inspection will disqualify [BMW Dealer] from the program;
• An acknowledgment that the Motorsport Customer understands and agrees that the Racing Vehicle is in a race configuration, is not a passenger car as that term is used in 15 U.S.C. § 1231 (c), and does not meet EPA, NHTSA, or any other applicable federal, provincial, or state safety and emission rules and regulations governing vehicles used on public roads;
• Certification that the Motorsport Customer will maintain usage of BMW Motorsport Parts for closed-course track racing purposes only, and will never modify or allow any Racing Vehicles to be modified for use other than on a track in a Motorsport activity; and
• An acknowledgment and agreement that the Motorsport Customer will not license or register the Racing Vehicle to be driven as a “street legal” vehicle and will not allow the Racing Vehicle to be driven on any street or public road.

It is a lot to do but it is what BMW requires.
We’ll hold the order till we have this information for BMW.
Thanks

Say WHAT? For a sway bar and kidney grill screens? I have been told I have to send a picture of my "racing license" and fill out that waiver that immediately disqualifies my road car as a race car. Sorry what?

I can order that exact H&R bar from online vendors (for $440 instead of $240) but those kidney grill screens are unique from what I can see. If BMW made this rule its not Monterey's fault, but this is ludicrous!

Any States side folks successfully ordered any of these parts and from where? Thanks!
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0