BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > evo Car of the Year 2016

12-14-2016, 04:18 PM   #45
stubbet
Rep
Drives: BMW 220d - awaiting BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levente_CSL View Post
throw a downpipe and ecu tune on m2 and it takes the 4th place. done
Word! If BMW would do to the 1-series or M2 what VW has done to the Clubsport, there would be a whole other story. And way too many "experts" make statements about cars they have never even been close to. So, as much ad I wanted the M2 and M4 to be ranked higher, I will still enjoy my cold start M2 with Akrapovic tomorrow. And I just might press the throttle a little bit extra in a corner - just to make it dance like no VW can.
Appreciate 1
Robin_NL8761.50
      12-14-2016, 08:41 PM   #46
Seagull
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: F87 M2, E84 X1

Where are all the M240 guys! :P
      12-15-2016, 12:27 AM   #47
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbet View Post
Word! If BMW would do to the 1-series or M2 what VW has done to the Clubsport, there would be a whole other story. And way too many "experts" make statements about cars they have never even been close to. So, as much ad I wanted the M2 and M4 to be ranked higher, I will still enjoy my cold start M2 with Akrapovic tomorrow. And I just might press the throttle a little bit extra in a corner - just to make it dance like no VW can.
This...+1

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 06:25 AM   #48
outcast
Enlisted Member
Germany
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
It is called evo Car of the Year, not evo Car of the Year under 60k.

These were their favourite driver's cars of this year, regardless of price. Simple as that. They have been doing this for a long time.
I was not complaining about price (else I would have listed the R8, the Huracan, the McLaren etc.). I was complaining about UN-purchasable cars, i.e. cars you cannot buy for ANY price, because that is what 911R, M4 GTS, the GT8 and the Clubsport S are! You cannot go to Porsche, BMW, Aston Martin or VW and just buy them, regardless how much money you wave around.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 06:56 AM   #49
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

A Fwd golf is as boring as a women without tits.

Bmw M2 is a fun car. I am very happy with it. I also drove the M4 GTS for that money i would not buy one. I find the M2 a nicer car to have fun with.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 07:28 AM   #50
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
A Fwd golf is as boring as a women without tits.

Bmw M2 is a fun car. I am very happy with it. I also drove the M4 GTS for that money i would not buy one. I find the M2 a nicer car to have fun with.
Come on man. What do YOU know about driving. There are pros on this forum and they say the Golf is perfect! So that's a fact!

I love tits btw!

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 07:36 AM   #51
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

There is NO FUn AT ALL in an M2 vs a GolF cs fwd:

Look at this, the guy in the white M2 almost loses control with its ass swinging. Is that you Advevo? You need to learn something about carcontrol man!

Blue car is me:Bored to death! I hate trackdays...

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2016, 08:11 AM   #52
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast View Post
I was not complaining about price (else I would have listed the R8, the Huracan, the McLaren etc.). I was complaining about UN-purchasable cars, i.e. cars you cannot buy for ANY price, because that is what 911R, M4 GTS, the GT8 and the Clubsport S are! You cannot go to Porsche, BMW, Aston Martin or VW and just buy them, regardless how much money you wave around.
But the fact that you cannot buy these cars does not mean they should be omitted from evo's eCoty test.

Again, it is called evo Car of the Year, not evo Car of the Year That You Can Buy.
      12-17-2016, 06:41 AM   #53
slashrawr
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: Passat R36

I agree with swagon . The evo's CotY is about the best car that year. The fact that cars like the M2, Focus and GTI CS are considered competent enough to compete with the likes of the 911R, Huracan and GT8 speaks volumes for them regardless of how they place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbet View Post
Word! If BMW would do to the 1-series or M2 what VW has done to the Clubsport, there would be a whole other story.
You sure about that? *cough* M4 GTS *cough*

Robin_NL dude you've got some major issues with VAG cars for some reason. Believe it or not, some cars are actually better than your M2 and some of them may even be FWD and here's something that might just blow your mind...some people actually find them fun.
Appreciate 1
flyaway140.50
      12-18-2016, 09:35 AM   #54
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashrawr View Post
Robin_NL dude you've got some major issues with VAG cars for some reason. Believe it or not, some cars are actually better than your M2 and some of them may even be FWD and here's something that might just blow your mind...some people actually find them fun.
And.....wait for it...... believe it or not, Golf GTI CS is not one of them, dude! FWD been there done that. Boring. Sorry.
In the past I had 'a dozen' Golfs and a few Audis(S3) so tell me about it.

Cheers
Robin

DISCLAIMER: The EVO guys have their opinion, no problem, I have my own opinion, no problem. 'Best car' is very subjective. Like a Golf is a 'better car' than a Huracan or McLaren, so be it. Each to their own and no offence. Merry X mas etcetera!

Last edited by Robin_NL; 12-18-2016 at 09:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2016, 02:01 PM   #55
Digitalize
Photographer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D

They're basically rating which car is best for an A/B road blast in the UK, it's no surprise that a track focused FWD Hot Hatch would be very high on the list purely because of how easily you could exploit it's potential on the road.

12th in this list is still better than a huge amount of cars, the fact it even makes it in the running is pretty big praise.
Appreciate 0