BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > No LCI for M2 in mid 2017 ?

02-06-2017, 06:34 PM   #45
ried
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31, F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZPrime View Post
I call BS there.
You're driving a 10-year old Audi. Hypothetical lighting tweaks are unlikely to make or break an M2 purchase for you.

Some people don't like LED lights. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if A) they're real, and B) if they're better.

In the meantime, you keep dreaming about an M2. I'll keep driving mine.
Appreciate 3
KGun192.00
Zippster460.00
      02-06-2017, 06:42 PM   #46
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ried View Post
You're driving a 10-year old Audi. Hypothetical lighting tweaks are unlikely to make or break an M2 purchase for you.

Some people don't like LED lights. I guess we'll just have to wait and see if A) they're real, and B) if they're better.

Actually, I'm driving a 5 year old Audi, it's just that they didn't really do squat to upgrade the interior tech when it was released in 2012. The 3rd gen TTs are pretty ridiculous tech-wise, but I want to get into a correct-wheel-drive car without all of the weight hanging over/in front of the front axle.

I wouldn't be driving an M2 for 2+ months anyway because of limited availability, and the difference between that and 5-6 months is not a big deal to me either way (waiting longer means I can stash away a bit more cash to help get the payments lower; I'll be financing and not leasing).

Hell, in that amount of time, I might find one on the used/CPO market so some other sucker can take the depreciation hit... If I decide I don't care about the LCI lighting after all that is.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 07:03 PM   #47
Em-Two
Private
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Quote:

Actually, I'm driving a 5 year old Audi, it's just that they didn't really do squat to upgrade the interior tech when it was released in 2012. The 3rd gen TTs are pretty ridiculous tech-wise, but I want to get into a correct-wheel-drive car without all of the weight hanging over/in front of the front axle.

I wouldn't be driving an M2 for 2+ months anyway because of limited availability, and the difference between that and 5-6 months is not a big deal to me either way (waiting longer means I can stash away a bit more cash to help get the payments lower; I'll be financing and not leasing).

Hell, in that amount of time, I might find one on the used/CPO market so some other sucker can take the depreciation hit... If I decide I don't care about the LCI lighting after all that is.
Used ones won't depreciate enough to make going used worth while for a while yet. Unless of course they make some major changes to the engine in the LCI. In that case you probably won't want used given the upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 10:52 PM   #48
m34m
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Quote:
I call BS there.

You know I posted a reply to one of your comments earlier and thought it set you straight. Apparently not. You have no right to judge others and what they drive nor do you have a foggy clue what people's intentions are with respect to what car they will purchase or when. It's great that you are happy with your M2 it's an amazing car. That said you really sound like someone who is overselling how content you currently are and how silly others are for wanting to wait. To the point where it's clear to me you're bothered by the upcoming LCI and the fact you will miss out on it. Overcompensate much? Either way your remarks are idiotic so keep them to yourself.
Appreciate 2
      02-06-2017, 10:53 PM   #49
m34m
Captain
Rep

Apologies to others but this guy needed had it coming
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2017, 11:44 PM   #50
M2MG17
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

I guess trying to catch the latest model will be an infinite cat and mouse game.

I am going to try and be happy with my 2017 M2 and if the LCI is really that good I will try and upgrade my 2017 with new lights or just order the M2 LCI.

I am actually number one on list for the M2 CS so maybe wait and see what happens to that car but I have a feeling it's going to north of $100k by the time it's optioned.

This M2 LCI speculation talk is honestly driving me crazy and preventing me from enjoying my current 2017 M2 I just picked up last week mind you. Oddly enough it reminds me of the 991 GT3 Rennlist forum loll.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 12:20 AM   #51
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAPPHIREM4GTS View Post
I guess trying to catch the latest model will be an infinite cat and mouse game.

I am going to try and be happy with my 2017 M2 and if the LCI is really that good I will try and upgrade my 2017 with new lights or just order the M2 LCI.

I am actually number one on list for the M2 CS so maybe wait and see what happens to that car but I have a feeling it's going to north of $100k by the time it's optioned.

This M2 LCI speculation talk is honestly driving me crazy and preventing me from enjoying my current 2017 M2 I just picked up last week mind you. Oddly enough it reminds me of the 991 GT3 Rennlist forum loll.

Can't let the upcoming LCI prevent you from enjoying your current M2. The LCI update might not even be all that let alone could end up being worse. Newer isn't always better and there's a chance some people may not like the LCI update. Also keep in mind there might be a price increase too. Don't sweat it and enjoy what you have now. Some people would be happy to have an M2 and you are one of the very few to own this special car. At the end of the day you got an M2 that some people wish they had. Also some people not realizing how hard it is to get one. Live in the present moment and enjoy it!
Appreciate 2
krizze928.00
      02-07-2017, 04:59 AM   #52
krizze
Lieutenant
Czech_Republic
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 -Skoda Octavia VRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHOI View Post
Can't let the upcoming LCI prevent you from enjoying your current M2. The LCI update might not even be all that let alone could end up being worse. Newer isn't always better and there's a chance some people may not like the LCI update. Also keep in mind there might be a price increase too. Don't sweat it and enjoy what you have now. Some people would be happy to have an M2 and you are one of the very few to own this special car. At the end of the day you got an M2 that some people wish they had. Also some people not realizing how hard it is to get one. Live in the present moment and enjoy it!
Absolutely spot on, i think 75% people don't actually appreciate what they have on this forum, always moaning, if you have an M2 just think how lucky you are. there are people who dream of owning that car because they can't afford it, or people who have waited almost a year to get they're hands on it. LCI or Not, show a little modesty.
Appreciate 3
D CHOI581.00
ried791.50
      02-07-2017, 05:40 AM   #53
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
Absolutely spot on, i think 75% people don't actually appreciate what they have on this forum, always moaning, if you have an M2 just think how lucky you are. there are people who dream of owning that car because they can't afford it, or people who have waited almost a year to get they're hands on it. LCI or Not, show a little modesty.
Appreciate 3
krizze928.00
      02-07-2017, 06:30 AM   #54
Bluenose-2er
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB 6MT M2

Quote:

If you are seriously into tech, the M2 is likely not the car for you. I realized early on that there are lots of premium Japanese cars that are way ahead of BMW in terms of tech. But my priority was on the mechanical. It will be an upgrade on your 2012 Audi for sure. But you may be disappointed in the tech versus what else you can buy at that price, and if that will bother you maybe save yourself the hassle.

Not being critical of your priorities, just forewarning. If you like driving over tech, the M2 will really make you happy. But you can likely find a car with much better tech and a step back in driving performance in the same price range.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 07:22 AM   #55
The Automotive Enthusiast
Retired BMW Genius
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 Coupe

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1351511
Appreciate 1
D CHOI581.00
      02-07-2017, 09:38 AM   #56
Hegge
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

I'm going to get a 2018 regardless due to depreciation purposes. It's better to get a car at the beginning of the model year than at the end as far as depreciation goes. Then I will trade the 2018 for a M2 CS whenever that will be. May not be until 2019 based on the lists.

Also, who knows how much the CS will cost? It can't be more than say $67,000 base?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 09:50 AM   #57
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommitConfirm View Post
Haha - all those people who passed on delivery of their MY17 M2 'because an LCI is coming....'
Who's laughing now?

http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1351511
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 1
F87LUV3689.00
      02-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #58
Verdi
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 -17, i3 REX -17

Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Who's laughing now?
I am. Will get my car in a few weeks while you probably never will get one at all. Always waiting.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 10:33 AM   #59
Macphisto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M2

Potential defang?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 10:44 AM   #60
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verdi View Post
I am. Will get my car in a few weeks while you probably never will get one at all. Always waiting.
Probably, but I have my own reasons. There's no right answer.
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #61
MMMBRAP
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Car

Quote:
I call BS there.

I'm definitely in the market, but I really like tech and lighting stuff. It's kind of a weird "fetish," I admit, but there you go.

I already know the M2 is a huge upgrade in interior-tech from what I'm driving now (stupid 2006-era Audi nav system crap), but Xenon lighting has been somewhat on its way out for the past several years now (when Toyota and Subaru are doing 100% LED headlights, BMW is a bit behind here on the 2er).

If I bought an M2 now with Xenons and then found out the LCI got LEDs, and there's no way to retrofit them (or they'd cost me another $3k to add post-facto)... I would be incredibly annoyed. I'd rather wait until I know one way or another to order. I plan on daily driving the car either way, so all that Fall delivery means is that I have to put on the snow setup sooner. Not having AWD is going to be a big change though...
+1

I'm also the type of guy who wants a factory sunroof and other updated goodies on the M2 LCI.

IMO, if you're going to shell out for a new M2, might as well wait and get the LCI with all the lighting/sunroof/tech/styling upgrades.

Your patience will be rewarded!
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #62
ZPrime
I INDIC8
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2, 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenose-2er View Post
If you are seriously into tech, the M2 is likely not the car for you. I realized early on that there are lots of premium Japanese cars that are way ahead of BMW in terms of tech. But my priority was on the mechanical. It will be an upgrade on your 2012 Audi for sure. But you may be disappointed in the tech versus what else you can buy at that price, and if that will bother you maybe save yourself the hassle.

Not being critical of your priorities, just forewarning. If you like driving over tech, the M2 will really make you happy. But you can likely find a car with much better tech and a step back in driving performance in the same price range.
I think I understand where you're coming from, but honestly the tech in the M2 is head and shoulders beyond what my TTRS has. The Audi still uses their old "RNS-E" nav system, which is dvd-based. In a 2012 car.

I'm all about the driving... I'm currently in an RS Audi (second owner) and I actually use it and don't garage queen it. Sure as hell don't want a Lexus or Acura. The other car on my radar is the RS3, but that's basically going to be a lateral move from the TTRS (nearly the same engine, except dual-clutch-only) but the price on that is high, plus I'm not big on 4-door cars, and it still has way too much weight out over the front axle.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 03:02 PM   #63
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by krizze View Post
Name:  Lucky.jpg
Views: 443
Size:  30.4 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo@BMWofFairfax View Post
Name:  Match_Strike.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  17.6 KB
      02-07-2017, 04:16 PM   #64
CommitConfirm
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by W/// View Post
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #65
m34m
Captain
Rep

Apologies if I have missed something however is the implication that if there is a forthcoming M2 CS with LCI parts then the regular M2 will have an LCI for 2018? If so isn't this a bit of a leap?
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 05:45 PM   #66
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Why is this thread still going on? Pretty much confirmed there is a LCI M2 coming this year.
Appreciate 0