E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Best Way to attach Headlight Washer Covers (no nozzles)

01-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
dscharrer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 SB

Best Way to attach Headlight Washer Covers (no nozzles)

I just got my car back from getting my M3 replica bumper installed / painted. Will post pictures later.

They obviously painted the headlight washer covers, but left me to attach them myself. My car does not have the cold weather package therefore does not have the headlight washer nozzles, only the covers.

What is the best way to attach the headlight washer covers? Is there is a special glue / adhesive I should use or what about 3M double side tape?

Thanks
Darin
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #2
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

On my car, they just pop in if they are the correct covers. The wrong ones are clearly not able to be snapped in as they appear to be looking for a thingy onto which they should clamp/connect.

I had to replace one that fell off somehow. All told -- the cover + painting, nearly $100. BMWs are becoming like boats. Every tiny little thing costs $100. LOL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
dscharrer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S5 SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony20009 View Post
On my car, they just pop in if they are the correct covers. The wrong ones are clearly not able to be snapped in as they appear to be looking for a thingy onto which they should clamp/connect.

I had to replace one that fell off somehow. All told -- the cover + painting, nearly $100. BMWs are becoming like boats. Every tiny little thing costs $100. LOL
The headlight washer covers for the M3 replica bumper don't snap onto the bumper. They are made to snap onto the nozzles which my car does not have hence they need to be glued or taped.

What should I use to attach the headlight washer covers to the bumper?
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
exclusivo
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: race car

should have gotten the holes filled/molded
Appreciate 0