BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Wagner Top Mount on an M2cs???

11-01-2023, 01:50 PM   #1
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

Wagner Top Mount on an M2cs???

Does anyone know if the Wagner Top mount will hit my hood (without trimming)? Any info, speculation, etc. would be appreciated!

Last edited by M3R1; 11-01-2023 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 04:27 PM   #2
fourthchirpin
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C, VW GTI 3.6, Infiniti G25x

has anyone used this in their M2 CS? curious of clearance of the hood.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 06:26 PM   #3
bruiser135msport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2 CS & Bmw E21 320i

What is a Wagner Top Mount ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3R1 View Post
Does anyone know if the Wagner Top mount will hit my hood (without trimming)? Any info, speculation, etc. would be appreciated!
Hi
Excuse my ignorance but what is a Wagner Top Mount ?

Cheers
Bruiser
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2024, 11:05 PM   #4
santua
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 xDrive & M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruiser135msport View Post
Hi
Excuse my ignorance but what is a Wagner Top Mount ?

Cheers
Bruiser
the top mount intercooler
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 08:02 PM   #5
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS | 85 of 592

Did anyone determine if the Wagner will fit the M2CS?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2024, 09:48 PM   #6
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by medphysdave View Post
Did anyone determine if the Wagner will fit the M2CS?
I did a lot of research and compared pics of areas that were cut on OEM F8x cars. I think the F8x CS hoods have the clearance. I would have gladly been the guinea pig, however I had some big projects I needed to do before I went down that path. I also bought another Aprilia Tuono...

My next mod will be intake snorkels (I have these in a box in my office). After that I will likely be looking hard at the Nitron elec-TRON suspension when available.

If you decide, please post pics and provide feedback!

Last edited by M3R1; 05-23-2024 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 1
chris7197393.50
      05-22-2024, 04:34 AM   #7
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did a lot of research and compared pics of areas that were cut on OEM F8x cars. I think the F8x CS hoods have the clearance. I would have gladly been the guinea pig, however I had some big projects I needed to do before I went down that path. I also bought another Aprilia Tuono...

My next mod will be intake snorkels. After that I will likely be looking hard at the Nitron elec-TRON suspension when available.

If you decide, please post pics and provide feedback!
As soon as the E-trons are ready I'm going to order a set. I believe Jason may test fit the Wagner. If not I might order one with the E-trons and give it a try. Anyone know if the Garrett unit is the same dimensions as Wagner? I'm eyeing the snorkels as well.
      05-22-2024, 08:09 AM   #8
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
As soon as the E-trons are ready I'm going to order a set. I believe Jason may test fit the Wagner. If not I might order one with the E-trons and give it a try. Anyone know if the Garrett unit is the same dimensions as Wagner? I'm eyeing the snorkels as well.
This is the snorkel kit I have waiting for install. Its a German company, so the legistics of ordering were a little more challenging. Check out the YouTube video at the bottom of the link.

https://www.speedengineering.de/en/p...e-for-bmw-m2c/

I would do Wagner over Garret. Just my opinion.

Last edited by M3R1; 05-22-2024 at 08:32 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2024, 10:12 AM   #9
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is the snorkel kit I have waiting for install. Its a German company, so the legistics of ordering were a little more challenging. Check out the YouTube video at the bottom of the link.

https://www.speedengineering.de/en/p...e-for-bmw-m2c/

I would do Wagner over Garret. Just my opinion.
I
Is that the commanderwiggen snorkel or a different version?
      05-23-2024, 08:01 AM   #10
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I
Is that the commanderwiggen snorkel or a different version?
Different. IMO, this is a better design. His block a good amount of the kidney grill and sit too close for my liking. The OEM F80/2 sit flush with the side of the opening (90 degrees from the face on the car). These look to be about 45 degrees and are set back where the OEM F80/2 sit. Again, in my opinion, a little more discrete yet seem "in theory" would draw a little more air without blocking anything.

Mod at your own risk...

05-23-2024, 09:26 AM   #11
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

I do think the Wagner tmic will require a bit of trimming. Not as much as the comp hood but still think there will be some. I have been eyeballing it as I walk past both of them but can't get past feeling like it will take a bit of trimming. We will be tuning this car as well here soon and would love to include the Wagner piece at this time but I can't talk myself into trimming an oem CS hood yet. I think when we get to that point we will pull the hoods and see if we can get the CS to clear on my comp that has the Wagner on it.

M3R1 on the snorkels - not trying to talk you in or out of one brand of the other but we have run a few of Commanderwiggin 's on ours and customer cars and been very happy with what we have seen with IAT control and movement. Whichever you go with definitely a worthy mod.

As for the Nitrons, I'll just leave this here ...

Appreciate 2
      05-23-2024, 09:44 AM   #12
medphysdave
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
I do think the Wagner tmic will require a bit of trimming. Not as much as the comp hood but still think there will be some. I have been eyeballing it as I walk past both of them but can't get past feeling like it will take a bit of trimming. We will be tuning this car as well here soon and would love to include the Wagner piece at this time but I can't talk myself into trimming an oem CS hood yet. I think when we get to that point we will pull the hoods and see if we can get the CS to clear on my comp that has the Wagner on it.

M3R1 on the snorkels - not trying to talk you in or out of one brand of the other but we have run a few of Commanderwiggin 's on ours and customer cars and been very happy with what we have seen with IAT control and movement. Whichever you go with definitely a worthy mod.

[IMG]https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/c318/jkscuba-2000/003_3UKvq8Ar2HdZwySGJrugT1.jpg?width=960&height=72 0&fit=bounds[/IMG]

I agree. I'm not willing to trim my hood. Are the spring diameters the same as the regular R3? If yes I need to get new spacers to fit my 18" CSR wheels.

The attachment point for the swaybar endlinks looks adjustable with regard to rotation around the shock body. Is the ideal position fairly obvious when they are put on the car? No remote reservoir?

What kind of adjustments can be done with the camber plates on these. I'm running a stock tension arm with solid bushing and SPL LCA. Planning to replace both with a set of adjustable tubular arms. Wondering if there is any added adjustment that would make the tension arm replacement unnecessary?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 10:10 AM   #13
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
[IMG]https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/c318/jkscuba-2000/003_3UKvq8Ar2HdZwySGJrugT1.jpg?width=960&height=72 0&fit=bounds[/IMG]

I agree. I'm not willing to trim my hood. Are the spring diameters the same as the regular R3? If yes I need to get new spacers to fit my 18" CSR wheels.

The attachment point for the swaybar endlinks looks adjustable with regard to rotation around the shock body. Is the ideal position fairly obvious when they are put on the car? No remote reservoir?

What kind of adjustments can be done with the camber plates on these. I'm running a stock tension arm with solid bushing and SPL LCA. Planning to replace both with a set of adjustable tubular arms. Wondering if there is any added adjustment that would make the tension arm replacement unnecessary?
Slow down Dave - all will be answered in time...

My preferred kits will be remote - but I was just happy to be able to get my hands on what I could being the first set sent out.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2024, 02:10 PM   #14
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I am by no means questioning Commanderwiggin design, it looks great. I just liked how the Speedengineering snorkel sits. I would bet they are very similar. Take a look at the link in my post above, there is a YouTube video at the bottom.
      05-23-2024, 03:28 PM   #15
M3R1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

I played with some internet images and did my best to equal the size of both photos. Then overlay'd them on top of the other. I have read in several posts that the M3cs fits without trimming. The M3cs and M2cs hoods are also below for visual reference.

If you look at the red comp's trimmed hood, it follows the opening on the cs hood. I do feel like it would fit... I would love someone to try!

Again, Mod at your own risk...

M2cs hood

M3cs hood