E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 08 E93 335I, out of storage, no crank, no start

03-03-2023, 07:16 PM   #1
steezye93
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW E93

08 E93 335I, out of storage, no crank, no start

Hey everybody, pulled the cover off my E93 yesterday and threw the battery back in (wasn't on a trickle), on the way into the compartment with the battery I kind of messed up the IBS (intelligent battery sensor), hooked that back up and connected the battery. Hopped in the car turned ignition on, waited about 15 seconds and started cranking, it cranked about 6 times then stopped itself and the clock notification popped back up. Thought battery might just be a little low so I hooked up some jumper cables and waited a few minutes, hopped back in and no crank no start, started pulling codes on MHD and saw 2AB4 - DME: DME, internal fault: RAM checksum. Did some digging on that without a definitive answer. Cleared the code and it popped up 1 more time. Then continued to try checking and clearing codes in between failed start ups, no codes since. Tried starting the car without IBS connected and still nothing. Got a new AGM battery, installed it and reset battery adaptations on MHD to register it, no AH coding was needed, previous BMW battery was 90, new one is 92. Ordered a new negative ground w/ IBS a long with the IBS modules and adapter, going to throw those in when I receive them. Starter sounds like it might be clicking but I haven't gotten into any voltage testing yet. Also going to unplug CAS module for a few minutes to see if that might do it, just hoping I didn't somehow fry my DME. Wondering if anyone else has any idea's. Thanks

Last edited by steezye93; 03-03-2023 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: missed details
Appreciate 0