Technical Sections Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications

11-05-2021, 12:42 PM   #1
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 911S, G80 M3

RSC CF side skirts

Anyone here know where (else) I can get these RSC CF side skirts or similar? I just don't like the OEM ones with the wings and the others that go under the OEM skirts

https://www.racingsportconcepts.com/...-for-bmw-m3-m4

I reached out to RSC directly... awaiting for reply on their availability
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 03:21 PM   #2
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

I like those! I agree, don't like the sandwich look.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 03:31 PM   #3
Forzanerazzurri
Banned
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe/G80 M3CX

Garage List
Yeah I'd like to know this too. This car should have included carbon side skirts in the exterior CF package like the Giulia Quad has.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 04:10 PM   #4
AhsanU
i can haz horsepowr ??
Rep
Drives: inconspicuous white van

RSC CF side skirts

AutoCouture does have RSC's lineup of CF bits on their website. I'd reach out to them directly if you'd like to see if they have it in stock. Give em a call, Jeff's a friendly guy.
Gone but not forgotten: 991.1 GT3, F80 M3 ZCP, E46 M3
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2021, 05:56 PM   #5
psylovibe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

MHC Plus https://r44performance.com/products/...rt-for-g80-g82
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 01:58 PM   #6
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylovibe View Post
Yeah I just don't like the under blade, it would not flow with my front lip and rear
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2021, 02:00 PM   #7
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhsanU View Post
AutoCouture does have RSC's lineup of CF bits on their website. I'd reach out to them directly if you'd like to see if they have it in stock. Give em a call, Jeff's a friendly guy.
They are like less than 10 mins from my house, yes, they do most of the work for my car... know them well, good place. They are also waiting on RSC.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 06:39 AM   #8
Itson451
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw m340i, BMW M3

Order the diffuser in September. Still have not received it. Im wondering if should just get a refund
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 08:55 AM   #9
Mperor
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itson451 View Post
Order the diffuser in September. Still have not received it. Im wondering if should just get a refund
Well, when I asked about the side skirts - they said it is (at least) 6-8 weeks turnaround time... so it seems they are way behind in production
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 09:24 AM   #10
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '22 Mexico Blue G80 xDrive, '2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mperor View Post
Anyone here know where (else) I can get these RSC CF side skirts or similar? I just don't like the OEM ones with the wings and the others that go under the OEM skirts

https://www.racingsportconcepts.com/...-for-bmw-m3-m4

I reached out to RSC directly... awaiting for reply on their availability
Now you have me considering these again.

I'm trying to decide between these and the R44 blades that go underneath the factory gloss black side skirts…

I actually like both.

My Mexico Blue will have the carbon fiber exterior package. I have added the oem carbon fiber side vents and oem front lip /splitter.

The only two areas remaining are the sides and rear winglets.

If I go with these RSC side skirts, I would likely replace the rear winglets with something like this:

https://r44performance.co.uk/collect...orners-for-g80

I'm not a fan of the MP OEM rear winglets for the same reason you mentioned w the oem MP side skirts…

If I do the R44 side skirt (blades), that would retain the oem gloss black side skirt, and I'd likely leave the rear winglets alone-stay gloss black.

Thoughts?

Ooooorr… I could just keep the rear winglets and side skirts gloss black for now. lol. That is another option.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 12:01 PM   #11
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, 2022 G82 M4 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinPA View Post

I'm trying to decide between these and the R44 blades that go underneath the factory gloss black side skirts…

I actually like both.

My Mexico Blue will have the carbon fiber exterior package. I have added the oem carbon fiber side vents and oem front lip /splitter.

If I go with these RSC side skirts, I would likely replace the rear winglets with something like this:

I'm not a fan of the MP OEM rear winglets for the same reason you mentioned w the oem MP side skirts…

If I do the R44 side skirt (blades), that would retain the oem gloss black side skirt, and I'd likely leave the rear winglets alone-stay gloss black.

Thoughts?

Ooooorr… I could just keep the rear winglets and side skirts gloss black for now. lol. That is another option.
I think I’ve mentioned this before to you but what I’m doing is putting the RSC lip, R44 sideskirts and the cf package together. I have all parts sitting in my garage. the weave on the RSC lip will match both weaves on the cf bumper inlets as the lip weave comes together in the middle. The RSC sideskirts and M performance sideskirts are to big IMO and I like how the R44 sideskirts don’t stick out like a sidestep. Getting rid of all the gloss black on the sides and rear would lead to too much carbon on the car and the weave patterns would be all over the place.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #12
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Adaptive View Post
Quote:

I actually like both.

Thoughts?

I think I've mentioned this before to you but what I'm doing is putting the RSC lip, R44 sideskirts and the cf package together. I have all parts sitting in my garage. the weave on the RSC lip will match both weaves on the cf bumper inlets as the lip weave comes together in the middle. The RSC sideskirts and M performance sideskirts are to big IMO and I like how the R44 sideskirts don't stick out like a sidestep. Getting rid of all the gloss black on the sides and rear would lead to too much carbon on the car and the weave patterns would be all over the place.
Yeah I remember talking to you about this.

I will have the carbon pack and oem front lip /splitter.

I am torn still- carbon pack + OEM front lip /splitter and r44 side skirts and leave it ... or rid of all the gloss black with carbon pack + OEM front lip /splitter, then R44 winglets and RSC side skirts….

I assume the patterns would match assuming they're all the same 2 x 2 OEM pattern and finish.

Maybe best though to stick to two manufacturers only though. OEM pack and OEM front lip and R44 side skirts… I have a big more time to think it over though. I am anticipating late January/ early feb delivery and do want all parts so when I take it for full PPF and ceramic, they can apply PPf and coat everything /install.

Gotta decide…
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 02:32 PM   #13
Soylent
Major
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4C

Quote:
I think I’ve mentioned this before to you but what I’m doing is putting the RSC lip, R44 sideskirts and the cf package together. I have all parts sitting in my garage. the weave on the RSC lip will match both weaves on the cf bumper inlets as the lip weave comes together in the middle. The RSC sideskirts and M performance sideskirts are to big IMO and I like how the R44 sideskirts don’t stick out like a sidestep. Getting rid of all the gloss black on the sides and rear would lead to too much carbon on the car and the weave patterns would be all over the place.
I like this thought process. I have the R44 duck bill installed and the R44 front splitter ordered. I may have to rethink the side blades.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 03:03 PM   #14
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I am torn still- carbon pack + OEM front lip /splitter and r44 side skirts and leave it ... or rid of all the gloss black with carbon pack + OEM front lip /splitter, then R44 winglets and RSC side skirts….

I assume the patterns would match assuming they're all the same 2 x 2 OEM pattern and finish.

Maybe best though to stick to two manufacturers only though. OEM pack and OEM front lip and R44 side skirts… I have a big more time to think it over though. I am anticipating late January/ early feb delivery and do want all parts so when I take it for full PPF and ceramic, they can apply PPf and coat everything /install.

Gotta decide…
I’ll be keeping some of the gloss black/carbon fiber look on the side and rear. This car has so much carbon on it I think the the gloss black would be a nice contrast between the paint and carbon. Also the gloss black will look really good with Mexico blue.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      11-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #15
M_Adaptive
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
I like this thought process. I have the R44 duck bill installed and the R44 front splitter ordered. I may have to rethink the side blades.
I’ll probably replace my stock cf spoiler with the R44 one down the line. Seeing IND’s car with the R44 sideskirts had me sold on the look.
2022 G82 M4C Xdrive
Appreciate 1
RockinPA4848.00
      11-09-2021, 07:39 PM   #16
RockinPA
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:

Gotta decide…
I'll be keeping some of the gloss black/carbon fiber look on the side and rear. This car has so much carbon on it I think the the gloss black would be a nice contrast between the paint and carbon. Also the gloss black will look really good with Mexico blue.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soylent View Post
I'll probably replace my stock cf spoiler with the R44 one down the line. Seeing IND's car with the R44 sideskirts had me sold on the look.

Yeah I do like a bit of gloss black too. I do agree with you as well and think some gloss black will look good w Mexico blue too.

Worst case, I'll hold off on ordering anything until I actually get the car and decide.
Appreciate 1
M_Adaptive1769.00