BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Speed bleeder - correct part numbers?

09-19-2021, 07:53 PM   #1
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB 6MT

Question Speed bleeder - correct part numbers?

Hey all - I’ve been trying to validate the correct part numbers for speed bleeders to use with the Brembo calipers, and haven’t been able to dig up independent verification of the ones I’ve found.

From what I’ve found via search and part number lookups, the SB1010S is the right bleeder for both front and rear calipers. This is a 10mmx1.0mm pitch bleeder that is 31.35mm long overall.

Anyone using these that can validate? I’d rather not pull a bleeder just to measure it.

And BTW, I’ve used SBs for years and years, across lots of different cars, so don’t bother responding if your input is going to be something along the lines of “they leak!” or some other random fear-mongering that isn’t based in reality or producible documentation.

Thanks!
      09-26-2021, 02:26 PM   #2
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I took a chance and bought three 2-packs of Russell 639630 from Amazon. These are 10mm dia x 1mm thread pitch and 33mm overall length. The hex portion of the bleeder is a little taller than stock, and the overall length is a bit more, but the length under the hex is nearly identical. I reused the bleeder caps from the stock ones. They work great. Pics below.
Attached Images

M2guru374.50
Bruuuce341.50
bollinm25.00
      09-18-2023, 04:08 PM   #3
samsamdar
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: OG M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [6.67]
Any issues with these over time? I'm about to redo my calipers and want to pick up a set... How would these help with bleeding if I use a Motive power bleeder anyways?
      09-18-2023, 08:24 PM   #4
CLH
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsamdar View Post
Any issues with these over time? I'm about to redo my calipers and want to pick up a set... How would these help with bleeding if I use a Motive power bleeder anyways?
Nope, no issues. Work exactly as they should.

If you have a Motive, I’d not bother with Speed Bleeders though. You’d be using them pretty much the same way you would use regular bleeders (pump up the Motive, crack the bleeder open to purge and then tighten again). Stock bleeders are just fine for that.
Appreciate 1
samsamdar569.50