BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - NY/NJ/PA/CT > Cars & Coffee - Glastonbury CT

03-21-2021, 06:46 PM   #1
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2 MG

Cars & Coffee - Glastonbury CT

Howdy folks!

Just wanted to let CT car owners know that the cars & coffee at the Glastonbury Starbucks (140 Glastonbury Blvd) is going on strong still. I went today for the first time since Covid started & there were a lot of people there, even at 1030.

I was the only BMW there.

Starts at 9AM. There were some absolute stunners at the meet-up today. Including an Olds 442 with the original, 52 year old interior. Looked brand spankin' new.

Really solid turn-out. I was pleasantly surprised.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 01:39 PM   #2
Sublime00
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

What was the crowd like?

Lots of C&C events around NY devolve into a youngish, rowdier crowd with parking lot donuts (not the dessert) and other activities that make it not worth attending.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 02:35 PM   #3
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
What was the crowd like?

Lots of C&C events around NY devolve into a youngish, rowdier crowd with parking lot donuts (not the dessert) and other activities that make it not worth attending.
Interested as well. Glastonbury is a bit of a drive for me but may consider depending on the crowd, especially since I'd probably bring my 1yr old daughter.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 04:14 PM   #4
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

This does not happen at the Glastonbury site. It's mostly older guys actually and cars pretty much just sit still with their doors & hoods open for folks to check out.

You have groups of folks talking about their cars with other, folks walking around taking pics. Sometimes folks bring snacks for everybody. When people drive off, you may hear some engine revs, but who doesn't want to hear a 10 or 12 cylinder Jag, Lambo or Ferrari making some noise? Some owners have cool sounding horns & they'll honk. I have seen parents with their kids, too.

No one is driving around like an ass. And it would be big-time frowned upon if anyone did. All the times I've been, even WRX & GTI owners have been very mature. (LOL)

I was even being careful pulling up in my M2, not gunning it at all because I don't want to be "that guy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
Interested as well. Glastonbury is a bit of a drive for me but may consider depending on the crowd, especially since I'd probably bring my 1yr old daughter.
2017 M2 | MGM | 6SPD Std | RWD | MP Exhaust | CSF FMIC | Active Autowerke DP w/ HF CAT | FTP Charge & Boost Pipes | Fortune Auto series 500 7k/14k coilovers | CDT Audio ES Gold Fronts & HD series Rear | Richland Forged Project Nurburg RF-GT4 Wheels | AudioControl LC-6.1200 | JL Audio TWK 88 | CF Goodies
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2021, 04:20 PM   #5
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

THe crowd was awesome - mostly folks in the 40's-60's+. There are some younger guys/gals too but seriously, everyone has always been very cool, very open & accommodating (and LOVE talking about their cars).

People will start their cars because EVERYONE wants to hear a particular exhaust. But no one drives around the lot doing crazy stuff - or at all, really, for that matter.

I really enjoy going because it is such a cool crowd & everyone really loves seeing the participation. They're all car nuts - everyone's car gets attention!!

Some of the cars are quite loud; hopefully it won't scare your daughter. But it's not like there are 10+ cars spouting off at once, or like it's happening the whole time. I think it is very family friendly crowd/situation as long as kids love cars, they'll be happy campers! So much to look at & drool over...

Plus you can go to the open shops for food/snacks/coffee!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime00 View Post
What was the crowd like?

Appreciate 1
Sublime001136.00
      03-26-2021, 05:04 AM   #6
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

I have a MK7 GTI too, are you trying to say GTI drivers are immature? Haha. Irony is I find BMW meets to have people more likely to leave at full throttle with popcorn noises.

Sounds like a good time though, I'm assuming it is every Sunday?
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2021, 12:41 PM   #7
MASHCT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

HAHAHA! Did you catch that? LOL Ain't I funny?

The ones leaving with the loudest take-offs: the lambo & ferrari drivers. But for real - it is not bad at all. It is a really friendly easy going group. I think you'll have a great time. Just walk right up to people, but it's also likely people will just come up to your car, too.

I actually wish there were more of the 4-banger hot rods. Love hearing how those folks mod & push their cars. My bud has a GTI that he just tuned - that thing is a screamer. Way fun to drive. I've told him to go, too.

I think I just realized there were no Audi drivers there this passed Sunday!

Hey Audi - where you at?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
I have a MK7 GTI too, are you trying to say GTI drivers are immature? Haha. Irony is I find BMW meets to have people more likely to leave at full throttle with popcorn noises.

Sounds like a good time though, I'm assuming it is every Sunday?
Appreciate 0