F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > CDV Delete
ARMA SPEED

10-01-2019, 10:19 AM   #1
btetier
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i M-Sport

CDV Delete

Hey! I have had my 2015 335i for just about a year now, and when I used to launch the car, the shift from 1 to 2 always caused my clutch to slip due to the cdv restricting the flow of the fluid. I just did the cdv delete this past weekend (took about 2hrs to do because of the pesky top bolt on the slave cylinder lol). The car feels so much better that it's hard to even explain. Now, on my shift from 1 to 2, I can chirp the wheels! So, the cdv delete would is something that I would call a 100% necessary mod for anyone that has the ability to do it! If you have any questions about how I did it, just let me know and i can help you through it. And, if you are in the NJ/PA area then i could even help out maybe!
Appreciate 1
akgambino271.50
      10-01-2019, 01:03 PM   #2
Tchao
Boost Addict
Rep
Drives: E30, E82, F30, F87

I second this. A must for all 3 pedal guys.
      10-01-2019, 07:45 PM   #3
akgambino
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi M-Sport (PWG)

Quote:
Originally Posted by btetier View Post
Hey! I have had my 2015 335i for just about a year now, and when I used to launch the car, the shift from 1 to 2 always caused my clutch to slip due to the cdv restricting the flow of the fluid. I just did the cdv delete this past weekend (took about 2hrs to do because of the pesky top bolt on the slave cylinder lol). The car feels so much better that it's hard to even explain. Now, on my shift from 1 to 2, I can chirp the wheels! So, the cdv delete would is something that I would call a 100% necessary mod for anyone that has the ability to do it! If you have any questions about how I did it, just let me know and i can help you through it. And, if you are in the NJ/PA area then i could even help out maybe!
I have seen a few different methods in the cdv thread for not only removing the piece that is the cdv inside the slave cylinder but also for bleeding the clutch after doing the delete. Can you point me to which method you used and reccomend?
I am planning on tackling this at some point when I finally get around to installing the short shifter that has been in my garage for 2 years lol I just don't wanna have issues especially with bleeding the stystem.
Thanks
      10-02-2019, 02:28 PM   #4
btetier
Private
United_States
Rep

Hey, yeah so actually I bleed it differently then everyone I have seen so far. Basically, I just pumped three slave cylinder by hand like 4-5 pumps at a time and then held it down and opened the bleed screw to let the air out. I did it around 6-7 times and I was good to go. Obviously make sure that you keep the reservoir full while doing it.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #5
btetier
Private
United_States
Rep

Hey, yeah so actually I bleed it differently then everyone I have seen so far. Basically, I just pumped three slave cylinder by hand like 4-5 pumps at a time and then held it down and opened the bleed screw to let the air out. I did it around 6-7 times and I was good to go. Obviously make sure that you keep the reservoir full while doing it.
Appreciate 0