BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > F80 M3 to F87 M2 Competition

09-06-2019, 03:04 PM   #1
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

F80 M3 to F87 M2 Competition

Finally received the M2 Competition!

Been rolling on my 2016 F80 for the past three and a half years. Great vehicle and to be honest on a day to day basis I got to enjoy it more often than the e92 M3 I had prior to. Mostly due to the fact that it was nearly impossible to rev out the S65 consistently in traffic here in Toronto.

Nevertheless, this post is about the move from the F80 to F87 comp so let me not dwell on the +/- of the E92.

However, before we move on, has anyone noticed recently how slow the Bimmerpost servers are via browser? The app is significantly faster loading up pics etc. Nway just wanted throw it out there as I haven’t seen any threads and figured maybe others want to chime in.

Ok first thing, I won’t get into the practical aspect as much. It’s a given. F80 is a 4 door with larger trunk and the F87 is a much smaller 2 coupe that only seats 4. Advantage F80. Note, I did this move with a 2 year old and hoping to be blessed with another kid soon. So those on the fence with a family, just know there are others who have taken the step for better or worse.

Other cars that were in consideration…

RS3: Here’s my feedback & why I chose not to go with this vehicle (https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=22)

Model 3 Performance: Have access to a Model S 100D practically anytime I need it so this would be redundant at the moment

Supra: Lol thought of this for a day after watching the reviews but my 2 year old loves going on drives with me and I felt like I was robbing both of us of the time we get to share in a "fun" car.

991s 2017: Got a great quote (or what you can consider great in the Porsche world) for a certified pre-owned - PDK, sunroof, RWS etc. Went back and forth about the pros & cons. Obviously one factor is the price. Used 991s is significantly more and at this point I wanted to lease than finance a car which I’ll get into more below. However, 911 won’t depreciate as much as my F80 did, well until you get to certain mileage so I didn’t mind putting a large down payment & finance the rest. But, one of the hindrances in meeting current needs, was lack of space for the stroller. The other thing was and I don’t expect others to understand nor agree, but we do some counselling on the side and work with communities at times that are less fortunate. Unfortunately the 911 sends a different type of message. This is the same with my business as well, as I tend to use my rwd as a daily. A bimmer (m3/m2) for the most part passes off as a regular 2 or 3 series in most people's eyes. Regardless, I hope the 991 or 997 turbo (bbi tuned & modded) is in my future down the road.

So I’ve had the car now for roughly 5 days. Mind you, in between selling my F80 and getting my M2, I went on a 1200 km road trip with the 100D so my feedback might be skewed. On the other end, my F80 was tuned with BM3 running the “oem” CS tune.

Engine: Both S55 but M2 is detuned. It definitely feels slower than my M3 and 100D. However I can’t confirm for sure but the M2 seems to have less lag in efficient mode than M3. More importantly the lack of power (comparison to CS tuned M3) is making me work again the gears which I’m thoroughly enjoying. Especially since I need to be under 5k rpms and going easy on the engine. On the flip side, the engine does feel throttled in comparison to my M3 stock or with CS tune. But I’m also reminded of what Walter Rohrl once said - 350hp in a lithe car is all you need to have fun in the streets. Only thing is, I believe he was referring to a vehicle weighing less than 3000lbs which the M2c is definitely not.

Suspension: 1st I actually found myself praying that the car would come with Michelin PSS instead of the Contis. My SA couldn’t confirm exactly what tires were on the vehicle till it reached. Having gone through the frustrating process of trying to put power down on the Contis with my M3 before chucking them for PS4S, I was not looking forward to spending money again. So you can imagine the expression on my face when I saw “Michelin” written on the tires.

I test drove 3 N55 M2s in 2018. In comparison to the M3 with EDC in sport setting (lowered with Eibach v1), the N55 M2 was not just stiffer but it would crash over certain expansion joints. There was also more up down movement. Even though I read to the contrary on reviews of the M2c, I wasn’t sure if it was a placebo effect guys were feeling. Needless to say my worries were unfounded as the M2c rides exceptionally well in comparison to the 2018s. It is stiffer but I don’t think any more than M3 in sport setting. More importantly the up/down motion settles quickly.

The initial plan was to go with Ohlins R&T but many guys are having issues with that suspension as of late. However, now that I’m quite happy with OEM suspension I’ll try out Eibach springs to see how it fares. Going this route for moderate drop and reduce the reverse rake look of the car but hopefully it doesn’t unsettle the ride in any way as other N55 M2s have experienced.

The big brakes look great and atleast on the street, brings the car to a stop better than the stock M3. However I wish we could fit 18s on this car. Also it’s only been a few days and the brakes squeal slightly. Not sure if I need to bed them in.

As for the driving experience, the smaller footprint and quite possibly the quicker ratio steering (someone confirm this) makes a huge impact on the way this car moves. For all the lack of creature comforts and lux, I could care less solely due to the fact the car behaves like a go kart. In some ways it even “feels” faster due to being small and nimble though I’m highly certain my M2 comp fully loaded with sunroof is heavier than my M3.

Interior: Ok the dakota leather feels like pleather. Not sure what else to say here about that. It isn’t as slippery as I expected. I like the little touches of alcantara and wish the seats were fitted completely in that material. I do miss the HUD. Didn’t realize how much I relied on that for RPM and speed. The instrument cluster, while simple and nice leaves a lot to be desired. There’s so much unused space, I cannot understand why a digital oil temp is not constantly displayed at all times. It was a pleasant surprise to see that you can remove some of options under the BC stalk inorder to reduce the cycle between the digital oil temp and speed info. BTW, is there a way to use the presets to see the oil temp in the Idrive? The sunroof!! Extremely happy the m2 doesn’t have a carbon roof as I would have felt forced to take that option for the look and resale. But I’ve been wanting to drive a daily with sunroof for the past 7 years as both e92 & f80 were carbon roofs.

Exterior: Love the way this car looks hunkered down like pitbull. The compliments I’ve received so far on the Hockenheim Silver in the few days is countless. The stock exhaust while not loud sounds better on the M2c than on the M3. Not sure how other than I can only deduce the shorter length of the exhaust might play a factor. Eventually moved on to Eisenmann rear with AA midpipe on the M3 to improve the sound and have a feeling I’ll do something similar on the M2 comp. The dealership didn’t drill and install the front plate but I’ve been playing hide and seek with the local cops here which is wearing me out so it will go on tomorrow. The silver 788 wheels compliment the car well. I got tired of seeing the 437 wheels though I assume they are lighter and looks more concave. The visual aspect of the exhaust is what it is; hangs way too low and wonder what it will be like when I lower it slightly.

That’s it for now I guess.
Attached Images

Appreciate 13
BlkSVT388.50
GOLFFRR10722.50
cptobvious2531.50
Brandt51839.50
Robin_NL8679.50
rj45m12.00
goku7173.00
AndrewC198910903.50
dmboone254970.50
heavyD^23684.00
///M Houbi1653.00
dr3wzilla138.00
      09-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #2
BlkSVT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2c BSM, 2020 MB GLC63

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Finally received the M2 Competition!

Been rolling on my 2016 F80 for the past three and a half years. Great vehicle and to be honest on a day to day basis I got to enjoy it more often than the e92 M3 I had prior to. Mostly due to the fact that it was nearly impossible to rev out the S65 consistently in traffic here in Toronto.

Nevertheless, this post is about the move from the F80 to F87 comp so let me not dwell on the +/- of the E92.

However, before we move on, has anyone noticed recently how slow the Bimmerpost servers are via browser? The app is significantly faster loading up pics etc. Nway just wanted throw it out there as I haven’t seen any threads and figured maybe others want to chime in.

Ok first thing, I won’t get into the practical aspect as much. It’s a given. F80 is a 4 door with larger trunk and the F87 is a much smaller 2 coupe that only seats 4. Advantage F80. Note, I did this move with a 2 year old and hoping to be blessed with another kid soon. So those on the fence with a family, just know there are others who have taken the step for better or worse.

Other cars that were in consideration…

RS3: Here’s my feedback & why I chose not to go with this vehicle (https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...9&postcount=22)

Model 3 Performance: Have access to a Model S 100D practically anytime I need it so this would be redundant at the moment

Supra: Lol thought of this for a day after watching the reviews but my 2 year old loves going on drives with me and I felt like I was robbing both of us of the time we get to share in a "fun" car.

991s 2017: Got a great quote (or what you can consider great in the Porsche world) for a certified pre-owned - PDK, sunroof, RWS etc. Went back and forth about the pros & cons. Obviously one factor is the price. Used 991s is significantly more and at this point I wanted to lease than finance a car which I’ll get into more below. However, 911 won’t depreciate as much as my F80 did, well until you get to certain mileage so I didn’t mind putting a large down payment & finance the rest. But, one of the hindrances in meeting current needs, was lack of space for the stroller. The other thing was and I don’t expect others to understand nor agree, but we do some counselling on the side and work with communities at times that are less fortunate. Unfortunately the 911 sends a different type of message. This is the same with my business as well, as I tend to use my rwd as a daily. A bimmer (m3/m2) for the most part passes off as a regular 2 or 3 series in most people's eyes. Regardless, I hope the 991 or 997 turbo (bbi tuned & modded) is in my future down the road.

So I’ve had the car now for roughly 5 days. Mind you, in between selling my F80 and getting my M2, I went on a 1200 km road trip with the 100D so my feedback might be skewed. On the other end, my F80 was tuned with BM3 running the “oem” CS tune.

Engine: Both S55 but M2 is detuned. It definitely feels slower than my M3 and 100D. However I can’t confirm for sure but the M2 seems to have less lag in efficient mode than M3. More importantly the lack of power (comparison to CS tuned M3) is making me work again the gears which I’m thoroughly enjoying. Especially since I need to be under 5k rpms and going easy on the engine. On the flip side, the engine does feel throttled in comparison to my M3 stock or with CS tune. But I’m also reminded of what Walter Rohrl once said - 350hp in a lithe car is all you need to have fun in the streets. Only thing is, I believe he was referring to a vehicle weighing less than 3000lbs which the M2c is definitely not.

Suspension: 1st I actually found myself praying that the car would come with Michelin PSS instead of the Contis. My SA couldn’t confirm exactly what tires were on the vehicle till it reached. Having gone through the frustrating process of trying to put power down on the Contis with my M3 before chucking them for PS4S, I was not looking forward to spending money again. So you can imagine the expression on my face when I saw “Michelin” written on the tires.

I test drove 3 N55 M2s in 2018. In comparison to the M3 with EDC in sport setting (lowered with Eibach v1), the N55 M2 was not just stiffer but it would crash over certain expansion joints. There was also more up down movement. Even though I read to the contrary on reviews of the M2c, I wasn’t sure if it was a placebo effect guys were feeling. Needless to say my worries were unfounded as the M2c rides exceptionally well in comparison to the 2018s. It is stiffer but I don’t think any more than M3 in sport setting. More importantly the up/down motion settles quickly.

The initial plan was to go with Ohlins R&T but many guys are having issues with that suspension as of late. However, now that I’m quite happy with OEM suspension I’ll try out Eibach springs to see how it fares. Going this route for moderate drop and reduce the reverse rake look of the car but hopefully it doesn’t unsettle the ride in any way as other N55 M2s have experienced.

The big brakes look great and atleast on the street, brings the car to a stop better than the stock M3. However I wish we could fit 18s on this car. Also it’s only been a few days and the brakes squeal slightly. Not sure if I need to bed them in.

As for the driving experience, the smaller footprint and quite possibly the quicker ratio steering (someone confirm this) makes a huge impact on the way this car moves. For all the lack of creature comforts and lux, I could care less solely due to the fact the car behaves like a go kart. In some ways it even “feels” faster due to being small and nimble though I’m highly certain my M2 comp fully loaded with sunroof is heavier than my M3.

Interior: Ok the dakota leather feels like pleather. Not sure what else to say here about that. It isn’t as slippery as I expected. I like the little touches of alcantara and wish the seats were fitted completely in that material. I do miss the HUD. Didn’t realize how much I relied on that for RPM and speed. The instrument cluster, while simple and nice leaves a lot to be desired. There’s so much unused space, I cannot understand why a digital oil temp is not constantly displayed at all times. It was a pleasant surprise to see that you can remove some of options under the BC stalk inorder to reduce the cycle between the digital oil temp and speed info. BTW, is there a way to use the presets to see the oil temp in the Idrive? The sunroof!! Extremely happy the m2 doesn’t have a carbon roof as I would have felt forced to take that option for the look and resale. But I’ve been wanting to drive a daily with sunroof for the past 7 years as both e92 & f80 were carbon roofs.

Exterior: Love the way this car looks hunkered down like pitbull. The compliments I’ve received so far on the Hockenheim Silver in the few days is countless. The stock exhaust while not loud sounds better on the M2c than on the M3. Not sure how other than I can only deduce the shorter length of the exhaust might play a factor. Eventually moved on to Eisenmann rear with AA midpipe on the M3 to improve the sound and have a feeling I’ll do something similar on the M2 comp. The dealership didn’t drill and install the front plate but I’ve been playing hide and seek with the local cops here which is wearing me out so it will go on tomorrow. The silver 788 wheels compliment the car well. I got tired of seeing the 437 wheels though I assume they are lighter and looks more concave. The visual aspect of the exhaust is what it is; hangs way too low and wonder what it will be like when I lower it slightly.

That’s it for now I guess.
Nice write-up, and congrats!!

Re: the ginormous muffler problem? 5k+ miles in, and I couldn't care less now. The shine/sheen is off after heat cycling, and I've either gotten used to it, more tolerant, or just don't give a rat's ass anymore since the rest of the car is so good

Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 04:24 PM   #3
HazChem
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BSM M2C

Garage List
+1 on the write up!

May want to consider getting a Carbonio license plate holder for the front to eliminate having to drill your bumper.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 05:59 PM   #4
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

write up on point
M2 comp is a sweet ride, nice

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 06:30 PM   #5
twboy1999
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1994 honda accord

Congrats!!!!

Time for some mods
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 07:55 PM   #6
Kuervers
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 19 M2C HS,6sp 16 X5 35i

Great write up
On your 997 turbo aspirations
- i used to own one (stage 2 catless, manual) and enjoy my m2c much more.
- limits are so high in tt that its really hard to play around at lower speeds like the m2
- leather not compatible with kids very easy to mark. As much a dakota looks cheap its tough
-wanted to track the tt but the coolant piping need pinning to safely do so
-was also approaching the clutch limits with 480whp

Porsche feel special though front end feel is glorious 991.1 gt3 is definitely my next car when i dont need the practically.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 08:12 PM   #7
bri1042
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 IOMG M3 6MT

I continue to feel robbed that no new car I've ever bought had a big red bow on it.
Appreciate 2
      09-06-2019, 08:43 PM   #8
Brandt51
Flavor of the month
Rep
Drives: BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
2020 BMW F87  [9.50]
I was considering a 991 as well, because I wanted a back seat, but even a used copy that outdates Apple CarPlay was way more expensive than a new M2C...plus the seem to be hard to find in manual and that was a requirement for me as well.

First World Problems...
2020 F87 M2 Comp
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2019, 08:53 PM   #9
Zoomigo
Rep
Drives: 2020 SOM M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bri1042 View Post
I continue to feel robbed that no new car I've ever bought had a big red bow on it.
I felt the same way, until I got the big red bow, and the car under the drape to pull off for the big reveal. It felt more like I was in some kind of weird 70s game show than the exciting moment I thought it would be.

Don't give up hope, if you want the red bow, but for me in the future, its a pass.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 04:19 AM   #10
Spare°
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2C

Congrats on the move.
As a father of an 18-month-old daughter, I appreciate your decision

Just wait till you get out of the run-in period and you get the CS(+) tune. Take it to a track day/drift course/... This car is so incredibly well balanced, it's amazing how easy it is to control.

Regarding the exhaust, paint it black, it does wonders for the look. Did mine early spring and holds great.
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2019, 07:35 AM   #11
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Good review.

Never ever fit lowering springs. They will ruin the handling. Just get some quality coil overs if you are into that. It’s hard to beat the wonderful ride handling balance out of the factory though.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2019, 01:52 PM   #12
FreeDarko
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSVT View Post

Re: the ginormous muffler problem? 5k+ miles in, and I couldn't care less now. The shine/sheen is off after heat cycling, and I've either gotten used to it, more tolerant, or just don't give a rat's ass anymore since the rest of the car is so good

Enjoy!
I'm getting used to being unconscious of the exhaust as well. Regardless, I'll be painting it black till I decide what to do. Waiting for all the mods from my F80 to be sold before moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazChem View Post
+1 on the write up!

May want to consider getting a Carbonio license plate holder for the front to eliminate having to drill your bumper.
Thank you.

Yes looked into Carbonio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
write up on point
Thanks brother. I bought my sister in Texas an F30 from you when it first launched 7 years back. My plan was to fly out to Cali and drive it all the way to her place in Houston after ordering the vehicle but unfortunately it didn't go as planned. However the whole exchange with your dealership was simple and straight forward.

Too bad we can't find dealers like you in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
Congrats!!!!

Time for some mods
Yes in time. I did most of the mods promptly after receiving the F80 but now I'm actually being deliberate in holding back. Trying one mod at a time to savor each one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuervers View Post
Great write up
- limits are so high in tt that its really hard to play around at lower speeds like the m2
- leather not compatible with kids very easy to mark. As much a dakota looks cheap its tough

Porsche feel special though front end feel is glorious 991.1 gt3 is definitely my next car when i dont need the practically.
If I go 997 TT, plan to drive it to bbi in Cali and leave it with them to convert to rwd vehicle ala GT2 and upgrade whole host of other things. Plus install Parrot kit for media, new interior trims etc.

2nd it will have to be my other "fun" car as I don't see myself dailying a 997 turbo. Put a lot of thought into it but for now it's a pipe dream.

Quote:
Trust me, first thing when I saw it triggered the OCD in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt51 View Post
I was considering a 991 as well, because I wanted a back seat, but even a used copy that outdates Apple CarPlay was way more expensive than a new M2C...plus the seem to be hard to find in manual and that was a requirement for me as well.

First World Problems...
It is expensive but also keeps value well. The other scenario I wondered about is would I drive it as hard as the M2c. I'm comfortable driving the bimmer with traction off etc but it will take significant time to develop that confidence in the 991.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare° View Post
Congrats on the move.

Just wait till you get out of the run-in period and you get the CS(+) tune. Take it to a track day/drift course/... This car is so incredibly well balanced, it's amazing how easy it is to control.

Regarding the exhaust, paint it black, it does wonders for the look. Did mine early spring and holds great.
Thank you! Yes my son seems to love the Diono car seat in the M2c. First ride he actually said "wow" when I took off with him in the car. Again the perception of speed in this smaller car is much greater than it's sibling.

Yup will paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Good review.

Never ever fit lowering springs. They will ruin the handling. Just get some quality coil overs if you are into that. It's hard to beat the wonderful ride handling balance out of the factory though.
For the most part, I agree with you. Factory setup is great and more than enough for the street. I also find the lack of tire grip (265s ) makes it more fun since it doesn't have as much power.

Best option would be coilovers but having faced issues with the Tc Klin i7es and KWs on previous cars, I don't think it's worth the headache for daily use.

Now, if we decide to keep the car longterm, will go with Tractive coils with DSCsport module.

Eibachs on my F80 were pretty good and I don't mind trying it out to see how they compare on the F87 comp without EDC. On the other hand, the swifts on my E92 deteriorated the shocks by 3rd year.

Last edited by FreeDarko; 09-10-2019 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
HazChem262.00
      09-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #13
paradocs98
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Great write-up. Congrats on the car!
FreeDarko217.00
      09-11-2019, 01:54 AM   #14
goku7
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2C ED 08/2019

Quote:
you can ask for it. I asked for it on my Volvo delivery and they said they don't do that anymore but did manage to pull through during delivery time to make the fam happy
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 09:38 AM   #15
Thescout13
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
While I see the appeal, thinking of a bow on my hood put on by a dealer, all I can think of are the swirl marks and scratches that would result. To some people not a huge deal, but given my experiences with dealers in the past, I shudder at the thought.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #16
BlkSVT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2c BSM, 2020 MB GLC63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
While I see the appeal, thinking of a bow on my hood put on by a dealer, all I can think of are the swirl marks and scratches that would result. To some people not a huge deal, but given my experiences with dealers in the past, I shudder at the thought.
This.

First thing I thought when I saw the red bow was: "order me a new car. You scratched it"
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 01:31 PM   #17
heavyD^2
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Agreed on the server. This is by far the slowest loading site that I frequent and I frequent a lot of sites and forums. It's only recently that I have noticed this.
Appreciate 1
csbear1118.00
      09-11-2019, 05:56 PM   #18
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Last time I test drove a new M2C at my dealer, sales dude "threw" a magnetic dealer plate on the TOP OF THE TRUNK LID! My mouth literally dropped open. I asked him if I could move it to the inside rear deck for the test drive.
Poor guy that buys that car has some nice scratches on his brand new rig.
Couldn't believe it.

Last edited by BroDoze; 09-13-2019 at 02:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2019, 06:26 PM   #19
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
WoW, you anal enough to get upset that the dealer put a plastic bow on your vehicle as a congratulatory sentiment.

I would love to see how you react if you had to park your delicate vehicle outside because some jerkoff was completely blocking your driveway.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 03:47 AM   #20
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Great review! Nice looking car.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 03:50 AM   #21
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
It's not like they glue it on, nor is it abrasive.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2019, 03:54 AM   #22
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeDarko View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkSVT View Post

Enjoy!
I'm getting used to being unconscious of the exhaust as well. Regardless, I'll be painting it black till I decide what to do. Waiting for all the mods from my F80 to be sold before moving forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazChem View Post
+1 on the write up!

Thank you.

Yes looked into Carbonio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
write up on point
Thanks brother. I bought my sister in Texas an F30 from you when it first launched 7 years back. My plan was to fly out to Cali and drive it all the way to her place in Houston after ordering the vehicle but unfortunately it didn't go as planned. However the whole exchange with your dealership was simple and straight forward.

Too bad we can't find dealers like you in Canada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
Congrats!!!!

Time for some mods
Yes in time. I did most of the mods promptly after receiving the F80 but now I'm actually being deliberate in holding back. Trying one mod at a time to savor each one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuervers View Post
Great write up

If I go 997 TT, plan to drive it to bbi in Cali and leave it with them to convert to rwd vehicle ala GT2 and upgrade whole host of other things. Plus install Parrot kit for media, new interior trims etc.

2nd it will have to be my other "fun" car as I don't see myself dailying a 997 turbo. Put a lot of thought into it but for now it's a pipe dream.

Quote:
Trust me, first thing when I saw it triggered the OCD in me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandt51 View Post

First World Problems...
It is expensive but also keeps value well. The other scenario I wondered about is would I drive it as hard as the M2c. I'm comfortable driving the bimmer with traction off etc but it will take significant time to develop that confidence in the 991.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spare° View Post
Congrats on the move.

Thank you! Yes my son seems to love the Diono car seat in the M2c. First ride he actually said "wow" when I took off with him in the car. Again the perception of speed in this smaller car is much greater than it's sibling.

Yup will paint it black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
Good review.

Never ever fit lowering springs. They will ruin the handling. Just get some quality coil overs if you are into that. It's hard to beat the wonderful ride handling balance out of the factory though.
For the most part, I agree with you. Factory setup is great and more than enough for the street. I also find the lack of tire grip (265s ) makes it more fun since it doesn't have as much power.

Best option would be coilovers but having faced issues with the Tc Klin i7es and KWs on previous cars, I don't think it's worth the headache for daily use.

Now, if we decide to keep the car longterm, will go with Tractive coils with DSCsport module.

Eibachs on my F80 were pretty good and I don't mind trying it out to see how they compare on the F87 comp without EDC. On the other hand, the swifts on my E92 deteriorated the shocks by 3rd year.
Just get the OEM Coilovers for the ///M2. I've seen them optioned on some ///M2's, and they look so good with a drop.
Appreciate 0