BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > M2c at Tailem Bend

11-12-2018, 11:05 AM   #1
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

M2c at Tailem Bend

I was at at the race track at Tailem Bend in SA for business and noticed some pretty fancy cars all grouped together..it was a major car magazine doing a “Performance Car” of the year review” this included the M2c...the muffler can is huge and very visible from all angles.
I walked over and talked with them and asked how the M2 sounded...he said let’s find out!
He started it and reved it big time...it was terrible...my og M2 sounds way better.
Rest of the car looked great.
Appreciate 2
      11-12-2018, 07:53 PM   #2
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
There are lots of settings and things that impact the sound. It generally won’t sound great on start or revving with no load most of the time. Sometimes for no discernible reason that I can fathom it has a deep burble when creeping along slowly. Other times, near silent. No pattern to mode etc etc.

However, today, I can finally confirm that it sounds sensational under load through a tunnel.
Appreciate 1
Cadillac358.50
      11-13-2018, 01:13 AM   #3
Cadillac
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition DCT BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davil View Post
There are lots of settings and things that impact the sound. It generally won’t sound great on start or revving with no load most of the time. Sometimes for no discernible reason that I can fathom it has a deep burble when creeping along slowly. Other times, near silent. No pattern to mode etc etc.

However, today, I can finally confirm that it sounds sensational under load through a tunnel.
Thanks, I am sure you are correct and I was not trying to be disparaging on the M2c, as no doubt when my current lease is finished I will buy another M2.
And I would not hesitate to buy the M2c, or any other derivative.
I just love driving this car....one of the best of all times whether it is the original or the C, they are all great cars and fun to drive.
It puts a smile on my face everyday I drive it.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2018, 01:30 AM   #4
Davil
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 CS, 18 Vantage AMR, 00 WRX

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadillac View Post
Thanks, I am sure you are correct and I was not trying to be disparaging on the M2c, as no doubt when my current lease is finished I will buy another M2.
And I would not hesitate to buy the M2c, or any other derivative.
I just love driving this car....one of the best of all times whether it is the original or the C, they are all great cars and fun to drive.
It puts a smile on my face everyday I drive it.
Honestly didn't think you were. Original and new are both absolutely sensational. New has a mind of its own when it comes to general sound. I suspect the software closing the flaps does more stuff on its own accord due to the fun police. Give it some throttle when its moving though and it sounds a treat.
Appreciate 0