BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Post Your Interior Mods!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-08-2018, 09:31 AM   #1
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7248
Rep
3,092
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Post Your Interior Mods!

Didn't see a thread for interior modification photos so I figured I'd start one.

If you're on the phone app click the pics for a full view

Interior Mod List:

IND Matte Carbon Shift Knob + Ebrake Handle w/ Polar Blue Stitched Boots
IND Euro Sun Visors
IND Custom Front Seat Belts - Polar Blue
IND Start/Stop Button - Polar Blue
IND Ignition Bezel - Gloss Black
IND M1/M2 Buttons - Polar Blue
M Performance F8X V2 Steering Wheel w/Matte Carbon Trim
M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals
OEM Rear Parking Sensor Switch
OEM Euro Headlight Switch w/ Front Fog Mod
OEM F8X Steering Wheel Multi Switch
OEM M2 LCI Instrument Cluster Retrofit
































Last edited by AndrewC1989; 04-09-2020 at 01:43 PM..
Appreciate 9
      05-09-2018, 10:37 AM   #2
arwin
Second Lieutenant
125
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW M2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Edmonton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

MP Steering Wheel V2 with carbon insert
MP Shift Knob
Bimmer Masterpieces GTS speedo case
Air Spencer Squash Air Freshener
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 2
      05-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #3
arwin
Second Lieutenant
125
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW M2
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Edmonton, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Didn't see a thread for interior modification photos so I figured I'd start one. Here's mine

(If you're on the phone app click the pics for a full view. Also sorry for the iPhone photos, I'll get a proper shoot done soon)

Interior Mod List:

IND Matte Carbon Shift Knob + Ebrake
IND Euro Sun Visors
IND Custom Front Seat Belts - Polar Blue
IND Start/Stop Button - Polar Blue
IND Ignition Bezel - Gloss Black
M Performance Flat Bottom Steering Wheel w/Matte Carbon Trim
M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals
OEM Rear Parking Sensor On/Off Switch
OEM Euro Rear Fog Light Switch
Did you install the MP pedals yourself? What are the steps to install them?
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2018, 10:44 AM   #4
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7248
Rep
3,092
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwin View Post
Did you install the MP pedals yourself? What are the steps to install them?
I didn't do them myself but there are plenty of DIY guides available if you look around

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=833321
Appreciate 2
arwin124.50
bmwm2nyc232.50

      06-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #5
Jcon157
Private First Class
Jcon157's Avatar
United_States
296
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: '18 M2, '15 M235, '16 X3
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Maine / New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'16 X3 xDrive35i  [0.00]
'18 M2  [0.00]
'08 335 (Retired)  [0.00]
'15 M235  [0.00]
I see you both have the M Perfomance V2 Steering Wheel. I really like the look of it. Any regrets? I’m a little concerned about the Alcantara sides with premature wear. I have some Sonax so I could try to keep it fresh with that. I read a member here purchased the wheel and then sold it because he didn’t care for the boxy grip on the top of the wheel. Does is bother you at all? Does the leather have a quality feel to it?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 08:49 PM   #6
Jcon157
Private First Class
Jcon157's Avatar
United_States
296
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: '18 M2, '15 M235, '16 X3
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Maine / New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'16 X3 xDrive35i  [0.00]
'18 M2  [0.00]
'08 335 (Retired)  [0.00]
'15 M235  [0.00]


Love the Nitrous!
Appreciate 3
Powaup1100.50

      06-21-2018, 08:54 PM   #7
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
2389
Rep
3,978
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Here is mine:

!. M Performance pedals
2. M Performance interior kit
3. M Performance carbon steering wheel trim
4. M Performance floor mats
5. BMW Sun Screen
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 1
      06-21-2018, 09:22 PM   #8
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7248
Rep
3,092
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon157 View Post
I see you both have the M Perfomance V2 Steering Wheel. I really like the look of it. Any regrets? I’m a little concerned about the Alcantara sides with premature wear. I have some Sonax so I could try to keep it fresh with that. I read a member here purchased the wheel and then sold it because he didn’t care for the boxy grip on the top of the wheel. Does is bother you at all? Does the leather have a quality feel to it?
If having softer leather, heat and a round shape are more important to you than looks then I wouldn't reccomend getting this wheel. Ergonomically I prefer the stock wheel 10 fold. I just think this one's a million times better looking and that's more important to me on this build.

Also, if you like drifting on the track or doing donuts in parking lots I wouldn't get a wheel like this that isn't perfectly round or smooth. It's very awkward to handle in the sense that it won't easily or comfortably spin through your fingers/hands.

I personally have no regrets but then again the M2 isn't my daily driver. Perhaps if it was I would miss the wheel heating and soft leather and would be more concerned with the wear on the Alcantara, but as it stands now this is just a fun weekend car that doesn't get much use. Therefore the Performance wheel (to me) isn't about practicality or comfort, It's just there to look good
Appreciate 2
DanG2388.50
bmwm2nyc232.50

      06-21-2018, 09:41 PM   #9
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
2389
Rep
3,978
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
If having softer leather, heat and a round shape are more important to you than looks then I wouldn't reccomend getting this wheel. Ergonomically I prefer the stock wheel 10 fold. I just think this one's a million times better looking and that's more important to me on this build.

Also, if you like drifting on the track or doing donuts in parking lots I wouldn't get a wheel like this that isn't perfectly round or smooth. It's very awkward to handle in the sense that it won't easily or comfortably spin through your fingers/hands.

I personally have no regrets but then again the M2 isn't my daily driver. Perhaps if it was I would miss the wheel heating and soft leather and would be more concerned with the wear on the Alcantara, but as it stands now this is just a fun weekend car that doesn't get much use. Therefore the Performance wheel (to me) isn't about practicality or comfort, It's just there to look good
Mine is a daily driver. That is why I just added the M Performance carbon wheel trim to the stock wheel. It improves the look without effecting the functionality.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2018, 10:09 PM   #10
monochrom3
Former P-Car Owner
United_States
254
Rep
246
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 (TBD)
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin

iTrader: (0)

Great match to the polar blue stitching:

[IMG]
View post on imgur.com
[/IMG]
__________________
2018 BMW M2, Orange wrapped!, Journal
1999 BMW M3, Cosmos Black, S54 swapped
Appreciate 3
Jcon157296.00
AngryBaby344.50

      06-22-2018, 06:57 AM   #11
Jcon157
Private First Class
Jcon157's Avatar
United_States
296
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: '18 M2, '15 M235, '16 X3
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Maine / New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'16 X3 xDrive35i  [0.00]
'18 M2  [0.00]
'08 335 (Retired)  [0.00]
'15 M235  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
If having softer leather, heat and a round shape are more important to you than looks then I wouldn't reccomend getting this wheel. Ergonomically I prefer the stock wheel 10 fold. I just think this one's a million times better looking and that's more important to me on this build.

Also, if you like drifting on the track or doing donuts in parking lots I wouldn't get a wheel like this that isn't perfectly round or smooth. It's very awkward to handle in the sense that it won't easily or comfortably spin through your fingers/hands.

I personally have no regrets but then again the M2 isn't my daily driver. Perhaps if it was I would miss the wheel heating and soft leather and would be more concerned with the wear on the Alcantara, but as it stands now this is just a fun weekend car that doesn't get much use. Therefore the Performance wheel (to me) isn't about practicality or comfort, It's just there to look good
Lots of good points to consider! My M2 won't be my daily driver either and I won't be driving it in the winter months so the loss of heating function isn't a big deal. You would describe the leather on the V2 wheel as firmer and less supple then? You think BMW uses a different leather than that on the stock wheel? (unfortunately my dealer doesn't stock these so I can't do my own comparison).
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2018, 07:07 AM   #12
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
AndrewC1989's Avatar
United_States
7248
Rep
3,092
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2 | 2015 328dx
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2017 M2  [5.00]
2015 328d xDrive  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon157 View Post
Lots of good points to consider! My M2 won't be my daily driver either and I won't be driving it in the winter months so the loss of heating function isn't a big deal. You would describe the leather on the V2 wheel as firmer and less supple then? You think BMW uses a different leather than that on the stock wheel? (unfortunately my dealer doesn't stock these so I can't do my own comparison).
I'm not sure if the leather is any different or if it's just the difference in shape, but that top section on the V2 is not very comfortable to hold on to. It has a sharp angle to it and doesn't feel as padded or spongy as the stock wheel which is odd because it's actually much thicker and doesn't have the heating bar underneath it so you'd think it would be soft but it really isn't. I also don't have the biggest hands in the world so that area just doesn't feel great to grab if you're driving with one hand on the wheel (as I often do since I have a 6MT).

If you use the alcantara parts its the most comfortable thing ever. The issue with that is then those areas will wear out faster which stinks because the material is very pretty and I don't want to ruin it with my sweaty hands. Idk about you but i'm not about to start wearing driving gloves everywhere i go so i'd rather just grab on to a leather section of the wheel when i'm just cruising around. I usually steer with just my left hand at either 12 or 7 o'clock position rather than driving with two hands at 3 and 9 when I'm just putting around town so I do grab those leather areas quite a bit. Maybe someone with DCT or a different driving technique wouldn't use those areas as often as I do but that's how I drive.

Regardless of all my seemingly negative comments I really do love the wheel. I just don't want to talk it up and then have people buy it and be disappointed that it isn't what they expected. If you have the opportunity to feel one in person I would do that for sure.

Also be aware of how delicate alcantara is and know that it will wear much faster than leather.

Last edited by AndrewC1989; 06-22-2018 at 07:38 AM..
Appreciate 3
Jcon157296.00
bmwm2nyc232.50
ZPrime557.00

      06-24-2018, 10:16 AM   #13
UltraMagneticAL
Meh
UltraMagneticAL's Avatar
884
Rep
876
Posts

Drives: M3CS & Cayman S
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Cali

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2019 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
not much done inside. just an awron gauge, steering wheel and a cage. my dj stuff still fits in the back lol
Attached Images
    
Appreciate 5
DanG2388.50
ORIGIN M.3115.00

      06-26-2018, 05:54 PM   #14
just blaze
First Lieutenant
249
Rep
322
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 Alpine White
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: The Bay, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraMagneticAL View Post
not much done inside. just an awron gauge, steering wheel and a cage. my dj stuff still fits in the back lol
Best interior mod, 1200's in the back lol
__________________
instagram: @ sf87_m2
Appreciate 3
      06-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #15
SeanWRT
Colonel
SeanWRT's Avatar
2571
Rep
2,341
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Shanghai

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon157 View Post
I see you both have the M Perfomance V2 Steering Wheel. I really like the look of it. Any regrets? I’m a little concerned about the Alcantara sides with premature wear. I have some Sonax so I could try to keep it fresh with that. I read a member here purchased the wheel and then sold it because he didn’t care for the boxy grip on the top of the wheel. Does is bother you at all? Does the leather have a quality feel to it?
Check my greatest mod regret thread.
__________________
Lemania 2320
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 09:28 PM   #16
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
F87_LCI's Avatar
1742
Rep
1,730
Posts

Drives: 2018 LBB F87
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North

iTrader: (1)

Interior current:
- AWRON Vent guage w/o exhaust flap control (have MPE)
- OEM M Perf Dry CF Steering Wheel insert w/custom painted LBB Trim (IND)
- OEM M Perf Dry CF Shifter/Alcantara boot
- OEM M Perf Dry CF EBrake/Alcantara boot
- OEM Knee pad with Polar Blue stitching (dumb that BMW took this out of LCI)
- Parking sensor toggle switch
- IND Red Start Stop Button
- BimmerCode (VIM, USB Play, ASD off, NAV Warning off, Sounds to RR)

Interior to come:
- M4 Seat conversion (if I can ever find them!!)
- Polar Blue seatbelts (ordered)
- Polar Blue rollcage
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 04:47 AM   #17
Gregoryh90
Private First Class
77
Rep
116
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

- OEM M Perf Dry CF Steering Wheel insert w/custom painted LBB Trim

Do you have to remove airbag to change steering trim?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 08:51 AM   #18
DanG
Brigadier General
DanG's Avatar
United_States
2389
Rep
3,978
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2 AW DCT
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggyStyle View Post
- OEM M Perf Dry CF Steering Wheel insert w/custom painted LBB Trim

Do you have to remove airbag to change steering trim?
Yes. Here are the instructions: http://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1441855
Appreciate 1
      06-27-2018, 06:26 PM   #19
Jcon157
Private First Class
Jcon157's Avatar
United_States
296
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: '18 M2, '15 M235, '16 X3
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Maine / New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'16 X3 xDrive35i  [0.00]
'18 M2  [0.00]
'08 335 (Retired)  [0.00]
'15 M235  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Check my greatest mod regret thread.
Just checked it out. I hadn't heard of any complaints about the grip on the V2 before so it was good to read your comments. I've seen multiple people mention it was uncomfortable to rest their hand at the 12 position for any period of time due to the weird edge there. The picture you posted of your wheel sure looked sweet though
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 06:32 PM   #20
Jcon157
Private First Class
Jcon157's Avatar
United_States
296
Rep
180
Posts

Drives: '18 M2, '15 M235, '16 X3
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Maine / New Hampshire

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
'16 X3 xDrive35i  [0.00]
'18 M2  [0.00]
'08 335 (Retired)  [0.00]
'15 M235  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87_LCI View Post
Interior current:
- OEM M Perf Dry CF Steering Wheel insert w/custom painted LBB Trim (IND)
LBB colored trim looks sweet against the carbon! Any pics from a farther distance where we can see the whole wheel? I have the same piece from IND sitting here waiting for my car to arrive (Next week ) but mine is painted BSM.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 06:34 PM   #21
SeanWRT
Colonel
SeanWRT's Avatar
2571
Rep
2,341
Posts

Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Shanghai

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcon157 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
Check my greatest mod regret thread.
Just checked it out. I hadn't heard of any complaints about the grip on the V2 before so it was good to read your comments. I've seen multiple people mention it was uncomfortable to rest their hand at the 12 position for any period of time due to the weird edge there. The picture you posted of your wheel sure looked sweet though
Uncomfortable at 12 position is the first thing to notice, but I got used to it quick. Because grip is a bigger problem. I use leather glove when driving and leather part on top is much gripper than 3/9 alcantara part, especially when you're not fully holding it driving on street.

Anyway, you'd instantly feel how good stock wheel feels when doing back to back driving.
__________________
Lemania 2320
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 10:22 AM   #22
Mike@IND
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
569
Rep
1,106
Posts


Drives: 997.2 S
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Chicago, IL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Interior Mod List:

IND Matte Carbon Shift Knob + Ebrake
IND Euro Sun Visors
IND Custom Front Seat Belts - Polar Blue
IND Start/Stop Button - Polar Blue
IND Ignition Bezel - Gloss Black
M Performance Flat Bottom Steering Wheel w/Matte Carbon Trim
M Performance Stainless Steel Pedals
OEM Rear Parking Sensor On/Off Switch
OEM Euro Rear Fog Light Switch
Nicely done—really appreciate the little touches with the OEM rear parking sensor and euro rear fogs as well...they really round out all the attention to detail in this list!
__________________


IND DISTRIBUTION | 866-963-4520 • FACEBOOKINSTAGRAMFLICKR
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST