BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 275/295/30-19's fit fine

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      02-11-2018, 05:59 PM   #1
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

275/295/30-19's fit fine

Not sure what the issue is with peeps thinking 295's on a 10" wheel gives too much "bulge" or the wheel is too narrow...BMW puts 295's on factory M5 10" wheels

Bonus: Sidewall overhang now protects wheels from curb gnomes
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 5
      02-11-2018, 08:22 PM   #2
Stage IV
F8SE7EN
Stage IV's Avatar
United_States
2191
Rep
1,329
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2L
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: city of Phanatics

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Thanks for this. I was going to go with 285s this spring but those pics look fine. I just hope Tire Rack carries 295 Michelin PS4S in that size.

Could you post a pic from the rear of the car about 10 ft away?
__________________
'17 BSM 6MT M2|Fabspeed DP|DINAN P2|UUC SSK|7.5 lbs/hp|295/30 rears
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2018, 09:08 PM   #3
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Thanks for this. I was going to go with 285s this spring but those pics look fine. I just hope Tire Rack carries 295 Michelin PS4S in that size.

Could you post a pic from the rear of the car about 10 ft away?
Will do but too dark now.

Tires are Kumho Ecsta PS91's 275/30-19 and 295/30-19, wanted to give them a try, will test at track day soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 06:06 AM   #4
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
344
Rep
4,793
Posts

Drives: Fast ones
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Wheels are standard with no spacers?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:10 AM   #5
Isty
Private First Class
Sweden
89
Rep
143
Posts

Drives: M3 E46 - V40 T5 - M2 aug deliv
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

No other mods at all? Stock camber?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:29 AM   #6
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Wheels are standard with no spacers?
Correct
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:31 AM   #7
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isty View Post
No other mods at all? Stock camber?
Suspension and alignment settings have NOT been touched.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:38 AM   #8
Stage IV
F8SE7EN
Stage IV's Avatar
United_States
2191
Rep
1,329
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2L
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: city of Phanatics

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Supra View Post
Will do but too dark now.

Tires are Kumho Ecsta PS91's 275/30-19 and 295/30-19, wanted to give them a try, will test at track day soon.
Those Kumho's are $217 per at Tire Rack compared to $325 for the PS4S, interesting.
__________________
'17 BSM 6MT M2|Fabspeed DP|DINAN P2|UUC SSK|7.5 lbs/hp|295/30 rears
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 08:50 AM   #9
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Those Kumho's are $217 per at Tire Rack compared to $325 for the PS4S, interesting.
Yep, I'm a tightwad
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #10
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
Thanks for this. I was going to go with 285s this spring but those pics look fine. I just hope Tire Rack carries 295 Michelin PS4S in that size.

Could you post a pic from the rear of the car about 10 ft away?
Several shots, hope this helps.
Attached Images
          
Appreciate 3
      02-12-2018, 09:05 AM   #11
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Mo pics
Attached Images
     
Appreciate 6
      02-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #12
Stage IV
F8SE7EN
Stage IV's Avatar
United_States
2191
Rep
1,329
Posts

Drives: 2017 M2L
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: city of Phanatics

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
^ very nice....

that extra width will certainly help get my extra 100 bhp and TQ to the ground.

No rubbing up front that you notice when the wheels are turned?
__________________
'17 BSM 6MT M2|Fabspeed DP|DINAN P2|UUC SSK|7.5 lbs/hp|295/30 rears
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2018, 12:31 PM   #13
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stage IV View Post
^ very nice....

that extra width will certainly help get my extra 100 bhp and TQ to the ground.

No rubbing up front that you notice when the wheels are turned?
No rub so far...haven't jumped her yet. 30's are just a little shorter which may help.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 04:19 AM   #14
BuzzE46
First Lieutenant
131
Rep
390
Posts

Drives: 2006 M3 E46
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Wow this thread is awesome

Would this set rub with spacers and H and R springs (.8) drop?

I'm tuned as well deff need more meat on my tires

Also someone told me these KUMHOS have the same performance and pattern of the Michelin pss? Not sure what tires to get guys
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:50 AM   #15
Bt12
Captain
372
Rep
963
Posts

Drives: 2018 X5,2018 m2, 2018 x1
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Bicoastal

iTrader: (0)

Lots of tire!!!!...
Iím on the other end. I like to stretch my tires lol
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 09:05 AM   #16
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzE46 View Post
Wow this thread is awesome

Would this set rub with spacers and H and R springs (.8) drop?

I'm tuned as well deff need more meat on my tires

Also someone told me these KUMHOS have the same performance and pattern of the Michelin pss? Not sure what tires to get guys
Not 100% sure with your set up.

I think the shorter (30 series) sidewall is the secret to not hitting strut perch.

Been rainy here so not much analysis on PS91's yet but...they sure ride a lot better than the Contis that came stock on these wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 09:06 AM   #17
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bt12 View Post
Lots of tire!!!!...
Iím on the other end. I like to stretch my tires lol
I'm old and tend to drive by feel...I need the extra overhang to protect wheels
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 05:13 PM   #18
Isty
Private First Class
Sweden
89
Rep
143
Posts

Drives: M3 E46 - V40 T5 - M2 aug deliv
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Ps91 is hell of a lot cheaper than the p4s, the highly rated Vredestein Vorti is even cheaper still im 275 295 30/19.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2018, 10:18 PM   #19
M-Supra
Second Lieutenant
M-Supra's Avatar
244
Rep
270
Posts

Drives: 2018 M2, 2JZ-M5
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isty View Post
Ps91 is hell of a lot cheaper than the p4s, the highly rated Vredestein Vorti is even cheaper still im 275 295 30/19.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 02:53 AM   #20
voyagergab
Captain
voyagergab's Avatar
Canada
338
Rep
860
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI 6MT, X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Calgary, AB

iTrader: (0)

Deleted my incorrect reply
Appreciate 1
      03-27-2018, 03:02 AM   #21
voyagergab
Captain
voyagergab's Avatar
Canada
338
Rep
860
Posts

Drives: M2 LCI 6MT, X3 M40i
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Calgary, AB

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagergab View Post
Keep in mind that your ride height increased by 10.5mm. Speedo will show 3% slower.

Diameter
668.1mm stock
689.1mm

Circumference
2098.9mm stock
2164.9mm
Are you sure mate? I just put this in the tyre calculator.
I stand corrected. Sorry about that. Didn't notice the 30 aspect.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 03:04 AM   #22
GreatWhiteM2
Captain
GreatWhiteM2's Avatar
1038
Rep
764
Posts

Drives: Black
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagergab View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatWhiteM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by voyagergab View Post
Keep in mind that your ride height increased by 10.5mm. Speedo will show 3% slower.

Diameter
668.1mm stock
689.1mm

Circumference
2098.9mm stock
2164.9mm
Are you sure mate? I just put this in the tyre calculator.
I stand corrected. Sorry about that. Didn't notice the 30 aspect.
No worries mate, Im only just learning all about tyres etc. I have been researching for a while because I hate the stretched looked of the OEM tyres.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST