BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Thinking of an Exhaust? Hit me up for a listen!

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-01-2017, 09:11 PM   #1
iQuiet
Private First Class
iQuiet's Avatar
Australia
49
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW M2
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Thinking of an Exhaust? Hit me up for a listen!

I know it's very hard to even see an M2, let alone hear multiple ones with after market exhausts.

I have full Fi Exhaust with catless downpipe, located in Melbourne, let me know if you want a listen, maybe it'll help you decide !
Appreciate 2
      11-02-2017, 02:37 PM   #2
Joejoe1986
New Member
3
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Mate I have the exact problem at the moment and I'm trying to decide between the Fi and the M Performance. You happy with the FI?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 06:26 PM   #3
kab_m2
Second Lieutenant
kab_m2's Avatar
Australia
110
Rep
252
Posts

Drives: M135i, X1 25i, M2 LCI
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, Australia

iTrader: (0)

How's your ESS tune going?
Any issues so far? CELs?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 09:15 PM   #4
iQuiet
Private First Class
iQuiet's Avatar
Australia
49
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW M2
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1986 View Post
Mate I have the exact problem at the moment and I'm trying to decide between the Fi and the M Performance. You happy with the FI?
M Performance for me, is only the name.. It cuts into the OEM exhaust, and you'll probably end up getting a DP, the Fi is obnoxious though, I love it! Quieter than stock with the valves closed under 3,000 RPM.

If you want something ridiculously loud and sounds amazing go with Fi, if your not prepared for either spectrum of the loud to quiet, try getting a free flowing downpipe first, because the stock system is still 3inch.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #5
iQuiet
Private First Class
iQuiet's Avatar
Australia
49
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW M2
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kab_m2 View Post
How's your ESS tune going?
Any issues so far? CELs?
My ESS tune has now settoed in, and for me, it's perfect, if I didn't know it was tuned, it runs like stock, but extracts more power and is actually 1-1.5L/100km more fuel efficient.

It's dynamic so it constantly gauges by the readings the vehicle is out putting to it.

If you have never driven a stock M2, you would assume it hasn't been tuned, because there is nothing out of the ordinary, no fake exhaust trickery, no anti lag tune, none of that crap, it's a simple replacement of the stock software with software that is more efficient as it does not need to be 200% safe, it's now 1205 safe. For example factory cars all come more rich because it's safer to do so. ESS will lean out the vehicle within the safety parameters to extract more power with more boost, and reduce the fuel consumption.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2017, 09:58 PM   #6
JLX
Private
JLX's Avatar
68
Rep
71
Posts

Drives: '17 F87 M2 DCT
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [4.75]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iQuiet View Post

If you want something ridiculously loud and sounds amazing go with Fi.
More like iLoud am I right?
__________________
Instagram: m2_bsm
Appreciate 1
Prodigy.584.50

      11-06-2017, 01:24 PM   #7
Joejoe1986
New Member
3
Rep
10
Posts

Drives: 2016 BMW M2
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Sydney

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iQuiet View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1986 View Post
Mate I have the exact problem at the moment and I'm trying to decide between the Fi and the M Performance. You happy with the FI?
M Performance for me, is only the name.. It cuts into the OEM exhaust, and you'll probably end up getting a DP, the Fi is obnoxious though, I love it! Quieter than stock with the valves closed under 3,000 RPM.

If you want something ridiculously loud and sounds amazing go with Fi, if your not prepared for either spectrum of the loud to quiet, try getting a free flowing downpipe first, because the stock system is still 3inch.

So when you say the exhaust is obnoxious what exactly do you mean? I love loud exhausts, but are we talking loud through the rev range or like an AK47 going off when you let go of the throttle?
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2017, 09:42 AM   #8
iQuiet
Private First Class
iQuiet's Avatar
Australia
49
Rep
121
Posts

Drives: 2017 AW M2
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Melbourne

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejoe1986 View Post
So when you say the exhaust is obnoxious what exactly do you mean? I love loud exhausts, but are we talking loud through the rev range or like an AK47 going off when you let go of the throttle?
It's both, the off throttle pops are as loud as anything around. It's seriously like gun shots!
And WOT, it's very very loud as well!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.




m2
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST