BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > I did it ...

11-10-2016, 06:57 PM   #1
heart_doctor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2

I did it ...

Just put a deposit down on an M2. Waiting to hear about an allocation but anticipate delivery in March/April. Most likely getting BSM, DCT (have 6MT now), executive package, apple play, m Performace exhaust and some carbon fiber bits for the interior.

Any suggestions on must have m performance parts for the M2? Thinking about the carbon fiber front splitter. Carbon fiber dct shifter.

I'm so excited!!!!
      11-10-2016, 07:10 PM   #2
LBBDrew
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

Congrats man! The wait sucks, get ready

There is no MP front splitter, but you could go aftermarket.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 07:13 PM   #3
QM
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart_doctor View Post
Just put a deposit down on an M2. Waiting to hear about an allocation but anticipate delivery in March/April. Most likely getting BSM, DCT (have 6MT now), executive package, apple play, m Performace exhaust and some carbon fiber bits for the interior.

Any suggestions on must have m performance parts for the M2? Thinking about the carbon fiber front splitter. Carbon fiber dct shifter.

I'm so excited!!!!
Congrats! Black grille or grill surround, black gills, maybe a carbon spoiler. And lots of patience :-)
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #4
BruceM
Major
Rep
Drives: '17 6MT MG M2,930,Jag XKR 5.0

Quote:

I'm so excited!!!!
You should be! To get delivery in March/April, you'll need to get an allocation this next go 'round of slots, which should drop sometime in the first two weeks of December. Is your dealer confident that will happen? Are you on a list at the dealer? Make sure, if the dealer has a list, to find out what number you are NOW.

Don't mean to sound paranoid, but since the M2 itself dropped, some dealers have been making promises/predictions that have no real basis in reality.

As for carbon bits, I happen to think that the CF rear diffuser looks particularly good with MG and BSM. It's spendy, but it classes up the back end pretty nicely.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 07:52 PM   #5
AYurch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I'm so excited!!!!
Congrats! Any reason why you won't stick with a 6spd?
2007 Honda Civic Si (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2016, 08:19 PM   #6
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & F87 M2

Nothing aftermarket is a must have. It's a thing of personal taste.

To me:

1) The front grill, side gille, carbon interior kit & Stainless Steel pedal Cover are very worthy of the money spent.

2) CF mirror Cap I bought is only a color matching item to #1 and not necessarily an improvement over stock.

3) MPE owners will tell you it's definitely worth it. But believe me that's way too biased an opinion - it's better than the already great stock many will admit, but honestly it's not remotely a 4000 USD difference. When things people buy aren't bad and the difference can be felt, they want to make themselves happy with money spent, by overrating or sometimes exaggerating what's done, which is human nature. It hurts ego admitting a stupid buying decision.

4) MP diffuser greatly improves the appearance from the behind which is no doubt. To be had for 900+USD is not cheap and it screams for the matching carbon or titanium tips which is another 1000 USD...
      11-10-2016, 11:24 PM   #7
heart_doctor
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Quote:

I'm so excited!!!!
You should be! To get delivery in March/April, you'll need to get an allocation this next go 'round of slots, which should drop sometime in the first two weeks of December. Is your dealer confident that will happen? Are you on a list at the dealer? Make sure, if the dealer has a list, to find out what number you are NOW.

Don't mean to sound paranoid, but since the M2 itself dropped, some dealers have been making promises/predictions that have no real basis in reality.

As for carbon bits, I happen to think that the CF rear diffuser looks particularly good with MG and BSM. It's spendy, but it classes up the back end pretty nicely.
I am number one on the list. An allocation is supposed to come up in December. I'm very excited!
      11-11-2016, 01:52 AM   #8
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Congrats. My wait from first call was over a year so I know all about waiting. It sucks but this is a special car and I am sure you will find the wait it worth it. If you go BSM I would change out the grills and side vents to black and then get black exhaust tips and a black M2 badge from IND to finish off the look. I have LBB and did all of that and it looks so much better without the chrome.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 02:48 AM   #9
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWRT View Post
3) MPE owners will tell you it's definitely worth it. But believe me that's way too biased an opinion - it's better than the already great stock many will admit, but honestly it's not remotely a 4000 USD difference. When things people buy aren't bad and the difference can be felt, they want to make themselves happy with money spent, by overrating or sometimes exaggerating what's done, which is human nature. It hurts ego admitting a stupid buying decision.

4) MP diffuser greatly improves the appearance from the behind which is no doubt. To be had for 900+USD is not cheap and it screams for the matching carbon or titanium tips which is another 1000 USD...

3+4= $$$$= get the MPE and forget about that diffuser
It's kind of human nature, pulling down things people don't have, it's called envy

Cheers
Robin (caliber 3135 Parachrom Bleu)

Last edited by Robin_NL; 11-11-2016 at 02:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 04:22 AM   #10
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_NL View Post
It's kind of human nature, pulling down things people don't have, it's called envy
Envy for something 4K is not an appropriate expression to someone from a country where m2 has a tag price 110K USD, m3 150k.
      11-11-2016, 04:55 AM   #11
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Envy for something 4K is not an appropriate expression to someone from a country where m2 has a tag price 110K USD, m3 150k.
Whatever man, you came up with your 'statements'. I replied....
I got it for 2.5k euros complete with tips and I find it fantastic. Best deal ever on a new car.
So what's this with 110k US$ overthere? What's the fuzz anyway? Like my car is for free overhere?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 06:11 AM   #12
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
I am number one on the list. An allocation is supposed to come up in December. I'm very excited!
I am #2 on the list for the next batch. Are allocations released one at a time or can be multiple at once for the quarter?
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 06:30 AM   #13
D CHOI
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pruettfan View Post
Congrats. My wait from first call was over a year so I know all about waiting. It sucks but this is a special car and I am sure you will find the wait it worth it. If you go BSM I would change out the grills and side vents to black and then get black exhaust tips and a black M2 badge from IND to finish off the look. I have LBB and did all of that and it looks so much better without the chrome.
I thought about going for the all blacked out look but I don't think it will look as good in the BSM vs the other colors. I personally don't mind the chrome but I'm planning on just getting the black kidney grills. As for the side gills, the chrome actually looks fine to me as it compliments the side mirror's signal light which is also a similar color. As for the emblem I think the chrome matches well with the exhaust especially in BSM. BSM seems to be the only color that would look best if you had leave the chrome on it. But if I were to get any other color then I would definitely go for all the gloss back upgrades!
Appreciate 1
jdarwin601.50
      11-11-2016, 06:51 AM   #14
jtfields
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X2 M35i, X6,328i,230i

Garage List
I have MPE and do like the sound and the looks but I would not necessarily say it's worth $4,500.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 07:06 AM   #15
TXSurfer
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i E92

I'm glad I went MPE. Price was a little high but I like the fact that it's covered under my warranty.
      11-11-2016, 09:31 AM   #16
jdarwin
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 M4 Convertible BSM DCT

Quote:
Me too! Wishing us both good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 11:08 AM   #17
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I got it for 2.5k euros complete with tips and I find it fantastic. Best deal ever on a new car.
So what's this with 110k US$ overthere? What's the fuzz anyway? Like my car is for free overhere?

Cheers
Robin
It was me being sensitive in the first place, apologies, let's leave it there man.

Parachute and Overcoil found on 3135 are Breguet's inventions. Show some respect to the original please
      11-11-2016, 11:09 AM   #18
SeanWRT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Cheers
Robin
It was me being over sensitive in the first place, apologies, let's leave it there man.

Parachute and Overcoil found on 3135 are Breguet's inventions. Show some respect to the original please
      11-11-2016, 05:08 PM   #19
pruettfan
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2, LBB, DCT, Exec

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCHOI View Post
I thought about going for the all blacked out look but I don't think it will look as good in the BSM vs the other colors. I personally don't mind the chrome but I'm planning on just getting the black kidney grills. As for the side gills, the chrome actually looks fine to me as it compliments the side mirror's signal light which is also a similar color. As for the emblem I think the chrome matches well with the exhaust especially in BSM. BSM seems to be the only color that would look best if you had leave the chrome on it. But if I were to get any other color then I would definitely go for all the gloss back upgrades!
BSM is a great color regardless of how you accent it, came really close to going that direction and ended up doing LBB on a coin flip. I left the BMW emblems alone, that classic emblem shouldn't be messed with in my humble opinion. Congrats on your car. You will love it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #20
reppucci
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04A6 2.7T(DD), 16M2 BSM MT EP

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
1995 M3  [0.00]
2006 Mini Cooper S ...  [0.00]
2004 A6 2.7T  [0.00]
1994 325is  [0.00]
Quote:

I'm so excited!!!!
BSM is the best color. You will love it!

enjoy
Appreciate 0