BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 763M Future Availability

12-01-2021, 11:33 PM   #1
bk528752
Rep
Drives: Toyota Land Cruiser

763M Future Availability

Hi all,

I've never followed parts before, so I'm not familiar with the cycle of when different parts get discontinued. What are your thoughts on the 763M wheels in terms of availability in the future? How long has it been in production for the m2 sizes, and has a lot been produced since?

My plan is to pay off the car first before I do any "nice to have" mods with the car, and these wheels serve absolutely no function other than the looks. My OG wheels are ceramic coated so it's not too bad cleaning them either.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 01:29 AM   #2
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

You can still buy E92 M3 359M wheels new online, for example. I don't think there is much risk of these disappearing anytime soon.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #3
Brokenbones
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2c and S2000

Since the 763 wo the mperformance stamp is oem for m2cs, but it’ll be available for a long time. Don’t know what’ll happen to prices. Did get a set recently, was 20% more than over the winter and took months with many damaged wheels. Dealer was good and kept sending them. Unfortunately just put apex winter wheels on… so I’ll mount them in maybe in 5 months?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 06:27 PM   #4
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

Actually, there may be a bit of a problem getting these. I want a spare set of these, matt black, and I placed an order with my dealership back in September hoping to get them in a couple of weeks as per usual. I waited and waited until I was told eventually they are on back order until some time next year, date unspecified.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 06:41 PM   #5
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
The 763M is the most popular wheel ever made for the F87, and BMW makes a killing on the price, so look for it to stick around for many years.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 09:50 AM   #6
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by x233 View Post
Actually, there may be a bit of a problem getting these. I want a spare set of these, matt black, and I placed an order with my dealership back in September hoping to get them in a couple of weeks as per usual. I waited and waited until I was told eventually they are on back order until some time next year, date unspecified.
Great…I am looking for a set myself.
      12-17-2021, 09:59 AM   #7
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokenbones View Post
Since the 763 wo the mperformance stamp is oem for m2cs, but it’ll be available for a long time. Don’t know what’ll happen to prices. Did get a set recently, was 20% more than over the winter and took months with many damaged wheels. Dealer was good and kept sending them. Unfortunately just put apex winter wheels on… so I’ll mount them in maybe in 5 months?
What dealer were you ordering from? Getbmwparts?

The CS versions of the wheels "should" be available for many years; however, let's not forget past behavior of BMWNA with regard to parts and how for example they limited availability of some car's parts by requiring you to provide the VIN and even registration for the car. This was in regard to ordering parts for non-USA models, but nothing would stop them (legally) from requiring a CS VIN and perhaps even a registration card image in order to provide CS 763Ms for example at any future point in time...just a thought while pondering the possibilities of future availability.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 04:49 PM   #8
chris719
Major General
Rep
Drives: '08 M Roadster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSBM5 View Post
What dealer were you ordering from? Getbmwparts?

The CS versions of the wheels "should" be available for many years; however, let's not forget past behavior of BMWNA with regard to parts and how for example they limited availability of some car's parts by requiring you to provide the VIN and even registration for the car. This was in regard to ordering parts for non-USA models, but nothing would stop them (legally) from requiring a CS VIN and perhaps even a registration card image in order to provide CS 763Ms for example at any future point in time...just a thought while pondering the possibilities of future availability.
You don't need a CS VIN to order almost anything. I could go buy 3 sets today with no VIN, same for the spoiler etc.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2021, 04:56 PM   #9
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

the rears are on backorder in a lot of places with no future availability... i am glad i snagged a set last minute
      12-17-2021, 07:42 PM   #10
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
You don't need a CS VIN to order almost anything. I could go buy 3 sets today with no VIN, same for the spoiler etc.
Yeah, I know, hence the reason I was referring to possible future availability control via VIN/registration checking like they implemented for non-US market part order requests...
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2021, 09:06 PM   #11
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Has anyone ceramic coasted their wheels? Does it help to keep the brake dust off?

There is a cheap bottle I can buy and try it myself.
      12-19-2021, 08:57 AM   #12
Al Bundy's Dodge
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 6MT

I coated mine this past summer. They still collect brake dust, but clean much easier. Most comes off with a power wash, but still requires some light agitation to get everything off.

I wouldn't pay someone to coat them. But worth it, IMO, if you enjoy this type of project.

They cleaned up pretty easy for winter storage!
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
ASAP10159.00
      12-19-2021, 10:20 AM   #13
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
Has anyone ceramic coasted their wheels? Does it help to keep the brake dust off?

There is a cheap bottle I can buy and try it myself.
It's definitely worth the trouble, and super easy. It won't keep the brake dust from accumulating, but when it comes time to wash the car it comes off so much easier.

You can see what I used in the pictures, I got it off of Amazon, and it worked fantastically.

The only thing is that you're going to read that it needs 24 hours to dry and you're good. This is absolutely untrue. It needs 2 weeks to fully cure, and if you don't give it that amount of time it can come off in as little as 2 months as opposed to 2 years.

For this reason it's best do do it when the wheels are new, or while they're swapped for the Winter set.

The other thing is that, if you're doing this to a used set of wheels, take the time to lightly hand buff the entire wheel with something like Finesse-It to get everything off the wheel before you ceramic coat. It's not hard, it's just a bit time consuming.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40065595/
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
ASAP10159.00
MooMooM21817.50
      12-23-2021, 09:53 PM   #14
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
the rears are on backorder in a lot of places with no future availability... i am glad i snagged a set last minute
As of today, the rears are on back order until 4/22. That is per Brit@bmwpartspros

I ordered a set today
CSBM52721.00
      12-24-2021, 09:56 AM   #15
MooMooM2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
It's definitely worth the trouble, and super easy. It won't keep the brake dust from accumulating, but when it comes time to wash the car it comes off so much easier.

You can see what I used in the pictures, I got it off of Amazon, and it worked fantastically.

The only thing is that you're going to read that it needs 24 hours to dry and you're good. This is absolutely untrue. It needs 2 weeks to fully cure, and if you don't give it that amount of time it can come off in as little as 2 months as opposed to 2 years.

For this reason it's best do do it when the wheels are new, or while they're swapped for the Winter set.

The other thing is that, if you're doing this to a used set of wheels, take the time to lightly hand buff the entire wheel with something like Finesse-It to get everything off the wheel before you ceramic coat. It's not hard, it's just a bit time consuming.

this is a good point. The adams stuff that I used also said 24 hours before getting water in there but I would not put water on the ceramic for at least a week depending on temperature.

I think its 100% worth ceramic coating the wheels (and when you do that you will 100% want to ceramic the whole car). Dust will still be on the wheels but I do feel that it takes an extra hour lol. But cleaning them is another world, so much easier
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2021, 01:45 PM   #16
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
As of today, the rears are on back order until 4/22. That is per Brit@bmwpartspros

I ordered a set today
I am glad to hear this... however that is still a while lol.
      12-26-2021, 06:59 PM   #17
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMooM2 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post

this is a good point. The adams stuff that I used also said 24 hours before getting water in there but I would not put water on the ceramic for at least a week depending on temperature.

I think its 100% worth ceramic coating the wheels (and when you do that you will 100% want to ceramic the whole car). Dust will still be on the wheels but I do feel that it takes an extra hour lol. But cleaning them is another world, so much easier
A ceramic coating plus hitting the wheels with Gyeon Quartz Iron or something similar makes wheel cleaning a breeze.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 07:57 PM   #18
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:
Quote:

I ordered a set today
Here I was thinking I was the only one wondering why the back ones have been on back order for the longest now. Thank you for the 4/22 anticipated date, was looking to pick up a set before the summer. Currently have the front ones sitting in my basement for the longest lol, was waiting for the rears to come in stock but I'll place an order anyway and just wait. :
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 10:03 AM   #19
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I ordered a set today
Here I was thinking I was the only one wondering why the back ones have been on back order for the longest now. Thank you for the 4/22 anticipated date, was looking to pick up a set before the summer. Currently have the front ones sitting in my basement for the longest lol, was waiting for the rears to come in stock but I'll place an order anyway and just wait. :
Too funny!!!

My fronts should ship in a few weeks. They will also be sitting in my basement lmao

I think I will ceramic coat them and buy the front tires. I'll have a set for spring. Maybe
      01-21-2022, 03:02 PM   #20
imperfectluck
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 20' F87

Quote:

Too funny!!!

My fronts should ship in a few weeks. They will also be sitting in my basement lmao

I think I will ceramic coat them and buy the front tires. I'll have a set for spring. Maybe
I did see your pictures of yours in the other thread that you received

Just made my order for the rears as they are still somewhat back ordered and I don't mind too much since it's going to be cold in NYC for those next two months and I'm going to likewise ceramic coat coat them and get the tires once they ship out.

Can't wait for ours to no longer be basement dwellers in the coming months lol
Appreciate 1
ChrisK4449.00
      01-22-2022, 12:02 AM   #21
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by imperfectluck View Post
I did see your pictures of yours in the other thread that you received

Just made my order for the rears as they are still somewhat back ordered and I don't mind too much since it's going to be cold in NYC for those next two months and I'm going to likewise ceramic coat coat them and get the tires once they ship out.

Can't wait for ours to no longer be basement dwellers in the coming months lol
I just checked, and my order still says the rears are back ordered until Apr 27, 2022. That's fine, i will get tires and mount the fronts. I should take a picture of the car with 763's on the front and 788's on the rear
      01-22-2022, 09:50 AM   #22
Brokenbones
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2c and S2000

Just did the Adams uv graphene coating on new frozen golds… couldnt see/feel much difference, maybe a bit shinier? the matte paint’s fluorescent so can’t see if much applied or uneven. Might try again before I put tires on for summer?

Not looking for Teflon wheels, just a little less torture w the brake dust
Appreciate 0