BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > 763m Scam Warning and how to identify Replica rims

12-14-2021, 11:36 AM   #23
richlandforged
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6, E70 X5d, e46 330ci zhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
I wonder if the richland forged Project Nürburg" (RF-GT4) clear the calipers any better.
Our CCB compliant 19x9.5" ET+25 version of the GT4/"Project Nürburg" gets nice clearance of the CCB/M2C caliper profile at just about 5mm...

We actually have two sets in previously unreleased finishes (Iced Gold/Matte Bronze) in stock ready to ship with NO LEAD TIME!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by richlandforged; 12-14-2021 at 12:26 PM..
Appreciate 1
ChrisK4449.00
      12-25-2021, 03:33 AM   #24
Robbyjai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
The 437M, 763M, and 788M were all designed for the blue brakes, not the 2NH brake package, so they will all score in time.
What absolute UTTER nonsense. the 763M happily clears the factory BMW 2NH brakes and DONT score in time. Absolute garbage of a comment. You. have no idea what you are talking about. I run these brakes and 763m and track the crap out of my car under the most punishing condition and havent scored it.

I know heaps of people who run this set up and hasnt scored their wheels. so yeh nah. you're just making stuff up

Last edited by Robbyjai; 12-25-2021 at 03:51 AM..
Appreciate 1
      12-25-2021, 03:47 AM   #25
Robbyjai
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post

Clunky, heavy, hard to work with crap IMO. The Brembo's on my '05 STi were vastly superior.

more subjective opinion with no actual evidence or facts to back up their comments and trying to pass it off as fact.

So humor me.

What makes them clunky and hard to work with ???????? on what basis do you form that opinion.

Big Brake Kits are designed to do one thing and one thing only. STOP REALLY WELL REPEATEDLY under heavy braking conditions eg Circuits...

And I can assure you as someone who heavily tracks his car.... with a few simple upgrades such as braided lines, Pagids RS29 and Upgraded brake fluids and brake ducting to get more air flow in, these brakes are f'ing brilliant.

I should know so i track the crap out of my car and im based in australia and its friggin hot here and those brakes with those upgrades cops the abuse with ease ..and im easily top 5 times out of 70-80 cars ..out gunning far more powerful and faster cars.

and i can assure you the 2NH craps all over the brembo STI Brakes that you are getting all aroused over.

so what makes your STI brembos vasty superior ???? lols what a joke. THe STI Brembos are notorious for being a weak point in the STI and every track junkie rips them out and junks them for better brake calipers so clearly flies in the face of your opinion

Do you even track your car bro. Looking at your threads im guessing no.

and your dishing out advice on how terrible the 2NH are lols
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2021, 06:56 PM   #26
COChris
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by richlandforged View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
I wonder if the richland forged Project Nürburg" (RF-GT4) clear the calipers any better.
Our CCB compliant 19x9.5" ET+25 version of the GT4/"Project Nürburg" gets nice clearance of the CCB/M2C caliper profile at just about 5mm...

We actually have two sets in previously unreleased finishes (Iced Gold/Matte Bronze) in stock ready to ship with NO LEAD TIME!!!
Can you PM me a price for each set? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2021, 11:03 AM   #27
richlandforged
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6, E70 X5d, e46 330ci zhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by COChris View Post
Can you PM me a price for each set? Thanks!

Most certainly, PM Sent
      01-13-2022, 08:58 PM   #28
DriftKr6l
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 Comp

Lol.
Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbyjai View Post
more subjective opinion with no actual evidence or facts to back up their comments and trying to pass it off as fact.

So humor me.

What makes them clunky and hard to work with ???????? on what basis do you form that opinion.

Big Brake Kits are designed to do one thing and one thing only. STOP REALLY WELL REPEATEDLY under heavy braking conditions eg Circuits...

And I can assure you as someone who heavily tracks his car.... with a few simple upgrades such as braided lines, Pagids RS29 and Upgraded brake fluids and brake ducting to get more air flow in, these brakes are f'ing brilliant.

I should know so i track the crap out of my car and im based in australia and its friggin hot here and those brakes with those upgrades cops the abuse with ease ..and im easily top 5 times out of 70-80 cars ..out gunning far more powerful and faster cars.

and i can assure you the 2NH craps all over the brembo STI Brakes that you are getting all aroused over.

so what makes your STI brembos vasty superior ???? lols what a joke. THe STI Brembos are notorious for being a weak point in the STI and every track junkie rips them out and junks them for better brake calipers so clearly flies in the face of your opinion

Do you even track your car bro. Looking at your threads im guessing no.

and your dishing out advice on how terrible the 2NH are lols
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 08:36 PM   #29
okla_m2c
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '20 BMW F87 M2C

Garage List
OP, I ran into the same guy in the DC area and almost purchased a set. After careful inspection I noticed the offsets weren't the same as OEM (I quickly searched it on my phone while inspecting the wheels. Spent a good 15 mins doing research right in front of the guy). Ultimately decided not to. But yeah, he gave the same story about it coming off of an M2 and his side hustle is that he buys and sells wheels.

I should've asked him directly whether or not they were replicas, as I'm curious to what he would've said. But like some of the others mentioned, he did post the wheels as "763 style", which should have been a dead giveaway that they weren't OEM.
Appreciate 1
KevinC3088.00
      07-12-2022, 03:09 PM   #30
overlook637
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M4

A video review on YouTube shows OEM M 763 wheels with the stamping and part number on the barrel. The spikes are blank without stamps.

A local seller has sent me photos of what he says are real 763m wheels. The “ M performance” looks correct on the front side. However the rear markings are as described above. They are on the inner wheel barrel. The spokes are smooth.

I wonder if the manufacturer changes the marking method?

Appreciate 0
      07-12-2022, 05:02 PM   #31
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlook637 View Post
A video review on YouTube shows OEM M 763 wheels with the stamping and part number on the barrel. The spikes are blank without stamps.

A local seller has sent me photos of what he says are real 763m wheels. The “ M performance” looks correct on the front side. However the rear markings are as described above. They are on the inner wheel barrel. The spokes are smooth.

I wonder if the manufacturer changes the marking method?

I have not seen a replica wheel with the SAI stamp on it, and all 763M's that I've seen (standard, and CS) have the information on the rear lip as you've shown above.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2022, 04:16 AM   #32
nixeighty6
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2c

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopropham View Post
OP, I ran into the same guy in the DC area and almost purchased a set. After careful inspection I noticed the offsets weren't the same as OEM (I quickly searched it on my phone while inspecting the wheels. Spent a good 15 mins doing research right in front of the guy). Ultimately decided not to. But yeah, he gave the same story about it coming off of an M2 and his side hustle is that he buys and sells wheels.

I should've asked him directly whether or not they were replicas, as I'm curious to what he would've said. But like some of the others mentioned, he did post the wheels as "763 style", which should have been a dead giveaway that they weren't OEM.
Good on you for being careful and doing homework. That guy is a shyster in grifter, he is not honest and blocked my communication after sale.

As I posted there were tons of "dead giveaways" to his lies, I'm glad you didn't fall victim.

I purchased Apex VS-5RS, that company is fantastic and couldn't be happier with the rims fit, price and service.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2022, 12:35 PM   #33
sikx4
Registered
Rep
Drives: Charger

He's a known scammer in the Mopar world. He uses pictures from eBay listings and sells the wheels/tires in vehicle related Facebook groups. I'm surprised he even shipped anything or was willing to meet someone in person.
Appreciate 1
chris7197331.50
      08-26-2022, 01:55 AM   #34
jayee88
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C (DCT) - Sunset Orange

Garage List
Wow, I literally just messaged this dude to ask about these on FB marketplace. Immediate red flags when I saw his Facebook account was just created and his "business" had absolutely no reviews.

Report this account so that no one gets scammed by him.
https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/592463869015134
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2023, 07:59 PM   #35
caffine
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

Bumping this thread since it just helped me out. Guy slightly changed his name on FB Marketplace and has a set listed. Slightly upgraded from the OP photos, as it does have the “///“ but backs of the spokes are smooth and offsets seem off. New FB name is Arthur Nwangw and it still shows Revo Automotive Aesthetics.
Appreciate 1
chris7197331.50