BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack > ► APEX | Future Designs Survey

03-11-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

► APEX | Future Designs Survey

APEX wants to hear from you and ensure we are providing the designs you want the most for your F87 M2 community, and thus we’re asking for your feedback on which direction we should go. APEX has always put the community first and takes your guidance and opinions into everything we offer. Whether you love our current designs or want to see something else, we want to know! Have a finish that you love, but we don’t offer it yet? We want to know! We are excited to continue our relationship with this community and ensure you are proud of the fitment and style wheels being offered.

So when you grab your next cup of coffee, or during your late-night forum browsing, could you take a minute to share your thoughts with us? We appreciate your feedback and look forward to contributing to this community further.

LEARN MORE ABOUT APEX
For those whom we have not yet had the pleasure of working with, since 2007, our focus at APEX has been to produce high-performance wheels with extreme durability and unprecedented value for the performance driving community. Combining proven Motorsport design features, vehicle specific optimizations, and advanced flow-forming and forging technology, we've created wheels that have taken performance driving enthusiasts by storm. As a grassroots Motorsport oriented company, composed of a diverse group of auto enthusiasts, we understand that enthusiasts from all corners of the car community seek quality products at an affordable price point and that these should not be mutually exclusive.

- Team APEX
pz6193277.00
F87source7236.50
prompt292.00
      03-13-2021, 03:46 PM   #2
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Submitted.

However would be nice to see the forged lineup in 19" become a reality from 2 years ago. Eg ARC-8R.

Is this design study for forged or flow form lineup?
6speed_M23632.50
GFEA228.50
f87kevin123.50
      03-14-2021, 09:18 PM   #3
21M2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 21 M2, 20 Macan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR RIZK View Post
Submitted.

However would be nice to see the forged lineup in 19" become a reality from 2 years ago. Eg ARC-8R.

Yup! They are still on the boat apparently.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2021, 02:55 AM   #4
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expert@ApexRaceParts View Post

APEX wants to hear from you and ensure we are providing the designs you want the most for your F87 M2 community, and thus we’re asking for your feedback on which direction we should go. APEX has always put the community first and takes your guidance and opinions into everything we offer. Whether you love our current designs or want to see something else, we want to know! Have a finish that you love, but we don’t offer it yet? We want to know! We are excited to continue our relationship with this community and ensure you are proud of the fitment and style wheels being offered.

So when you grab your next cup of coffee, or during your late-night forum browsing, could you take a minute to share your thoughts with us? We appreciate your feedback and look forward to contributing to this community further.

LEARN MORE ABOUT APEX
For those whom we have not yet had the pleasure of working with, since 2007, our focus at APEX has been to produce high-performance wheels with extreme durability and unprecedented value for the performance driving community. Combining proven Motorsport design features, vehicle specific optimizations, and advanced flow-forming and forging technology, we've created wheels that have taken performance driving enthusiasts by storm. As a grassroots Motorsport oriented company, composed of a diverse group of auto enthusiasts, we understand that enthusiasts from all corners of the car community seek quality products at an affordable price point and that these should not be mutually exclusive.

- Team APEX
Just did the survery too!

One question - What happened to the jrz suspension you guys used to sell for the m2? Are you no longer offering it? You guys had the most options out of every jrz dealer from spring rates to spring types and helper springs etc. I really liked that, and wish you guys would bring back jrz sales for the m2.
      03-21-2021, 07:26 PM   #5
RsPhi135
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

I'm planning to get a set of wheels soon! should wait until the next release??
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2021, 12:05 PM   #6
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Sorry for the late replies here, we've resolved some notification issues from this forum but it looks like we missed the questions on this thread. We have been tracking the survey data independently though and have used it in forged design selection and when deciding flow formed production priority.

Quote:
Submitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M2 View Post
Yup! They are still on the boat apparently.
We had planned to offer 19" versions of our original Forged designs initially, but we ran into engineering and production restrictions when we shifted our focus to wider wheels and 19"s that would've compromised the final product. We have new forged designs on the way that address those issues and add a ton of new features with feedback from the survey above weighted heavily when selecting final options.

The design study was for all lines and helped us track preferences for current options and future ones as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
Just did the survery too!

One question - What happened to the jrz suspension you guys used to sell for the m2? Are you no longer offering it? You guys had the most options out of every jrz dealer from spring rates to spring types and helper springs etc. I really liked that, and wish you guys would bring back jrz sales for the m2.
We don't currently offer JRZ kits as it proved to be an extremely time-consuming process for our team to tackle relative to the number of kits sold. Each kit had a myriad of options for additional components and fitment restrictions which was part of what made them great but it ultimately pulled us away from our primary focus of developing performance wheels for our expanding list of markets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RsPhi135 View Post
I'm planning to get a set of wheels soon! should wait until the next release??
Considering the timing delta here this may no longer apply, but we've got some exciting options in the works:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWB-Vtrt8cA/

-Tom
      11-09-2021, 08:26 PM   #7
MR RIZK
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: AW M2C

Quote:
We had planned to offer 19" versions of our original Forged designs initially, but we ran into engineering and production restrictions when we shifted our focus to wider wheels and 19"s that would've compromised the final product. We have new forged designs on the way that address those issues and add a ton of new features with feedback from the survey above weighted heavily when selecting final options.

-Tom
Tom, with the new forged designs are you able to provide any indicative wheel weights observed during prototyping.
      11-09-2021, 08:53 PM   #8
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Thanks for finally admitting that the 19" forged wheels that were offered on your website will never see the light of day. I was waiting for them.
Appreciate 1
      11-11-2021, 10:59 PM   #9
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
I'm looking forward to the endurance version of the VS-5 alluded to.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
      11-15-2021, 07:10 PM   #10
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Tom, with the new forged designs are you able to provide any indicative wheel weights observed during prototyping.
This thread will have the full weight table posted up later today if I can get the images hosted: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1#post28256641

tables with estimated weights for most of the inbound fitments can be found on our site here:

VS-5RS: https://www.apexraceparts.com/our-wh...ontent-fitment

EC-7RS: https://www.apexraceparts.com/our-wh...ontent-fitment

These weights should be fairly accurate, but will be confirmed once we have production wheels in hand and can validate our engineering weights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Thanks for finally admitting that the 19" forged wheels that were offered on your website will never see the light of day. I was waiting for them.
We really wanted to bring those 19" Classic line wheels to market. For a long time we thought the 19" versions of the classic line were going to be produced as was obvious from our initial tables and ETAs. I was on the front line of the BMW side of things on the phones and emails and I know just how many M2 Competition and non-comp customers wanted forged 19s including members of our own staff. As we pushed to make them though, we realized how compromised they would've been without investing into our own blanks and the machining changes and widths that change opened up.

Waiting to release these wheels was the right move, but communicating the reasons behind the delay could've absolutely been handled better by us and is something I will definitely work on going forward. I can promise you one thing though: these new Sprint and Endurance line wheels are absolutely worth the wait.

From myself and the APEX team: Thanks for your patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
I'm looking forward to the endurance version of the VS-5 alluded to.
The Endurance Line wheels are going to be absolute units. Very excited to get them released once the Sprint line wheels are in a good place!

-Tom

Last edited by Expert@ApexWheels; 11-16-2021 at 03:33 PM..
Appreciate 1
MR RIZK757.50
      12-17-2021, 02:23 PM   #11
Expert@ApexWheels
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Bringing up this older point, we just put out a new video that delves into some of the reasoning behind our delays with the 19" forged APEX wheel lines:

Eddy does a better job of explaining what I summarized earlier in this thread. Thanks again for your patience! Definitely pumped for these 19s.

-Tom
      12-17-2021, 08:29 PM   #12
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Bringing up this older point, we just put out a new video that delves into some of the reasoning behind our delays with the 19" forged APEX wheel lines:

Eddy does a better job of explaining what I summarized earlier in this thread. Thanks again for your patience! Definitely pumped for these 19s.

-Tom
Cool, I can't wait!
Appreciate 1