BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Active Autowerke F87 BMW M2C Valved Rear Axle-back Exhaust **NEW PRODUCT**

02-28-2021, 12:27 PM   #89
AM///X3M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2C HS 2023 X3M Comp

Got my set up installed last week. Long wait but worth it. Thanks Mike@X-PH and Andrew@AA for the updates for the past few months.

03-01-2021, 09:47 AM   #90
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM319///M2C View Post
Got my set up installed last week. Long wait but worth it. Thanks Mike@X-PH and Andrew@AA for the updates for the past few months.
Congrats

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
AM///X3M361.50
      03-02-2021, 10:25 AM   #91
RemoWilliams84
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 ZB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM319///M2C View Post
I'm thinking of doing something similar.

As far as volume inside the car, I want to be able hear it, but don't want it to be obnoxiously loud when cruising around. What are your impressions?

Also, why did you change to the equal length over the single? I don't know anything about exhausts so I'm still trying to learn.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 10:27 AM   #92
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post
Lets do it

Appreciate 0
      03-02-2021, 12:37 PM   #93
AM///X3M
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemoWilliams84 View Post

As far as volume inside the car, I want to be able hear it, but don't want it to be obnoxiously loud when cruising around. What are your impressions?

Also, why did you change to the equal length over the single? I don't know anything about exhausts so I'm still trying to learn.
It sounds like a completely different car. I went from the single to the equal length, to improve the sound. Send me you number in a PM and will send you videos of the sound. You can also check my Instagram or send me a message there and I will share more info.
      03-02-2021, 08:27 PM   #94
M2COD
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Awesome! Mine arrived today (EL + new AA axleback) and goes on Friday. Need to grab some new gaskets, but pretty excited for a bit louder car
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2021, 09:16 PM   #95
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a M2 CS

Just got mine installed.

The exhaust valve motor was sort of a pain in the butt. It was hard to get the pin in just right. Plus, the nut that's located at the top between the two pipes at the downpipe side was a pain to get off since I didn't have all my tools to use (sacrificed the use of all my tools to use a lift). And, yes, that one piece stock catback was very long and heavy. The rest of the install went fairly smooth though. I turned off the impulse combustion with Bimmerlink. I can't stand the pop pop pop noises. Sounds much louder now too. So happy that saggy diaper stock muffler look is gone as well. And those tips! Beautiful! Exhaust note is fairly raspy, but then again, the S54 was super raspy as well, so nothing new. All in all, I love it!

Inside, it does drone a little. But, I'm fine with that. This exhaust makes it very difficult to adhere to the break-in procedure. I keep wanting to push the car to hear it.

Cr@ppy little video I edited together really quickly:

Sorry for the junk angles. Needed to get home quickly and didn't feel like lining the car up again for another video shot.

I'll post some better videos/pictures once the car is washed.
Thanks to Extreme Power House for the awesome service, great prices and quick delivery!
Appreciate 3
      03-03-2021, 10:48 AM   #96
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmhl10 View Post
Thanks to Extreme Power House for the awesome service, great prices and quick delivery!
Thank you and congrats

Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 02:45 AM   #97
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Just got mine installed.

The exhaust valve motor was sort of a pain in the butt. It was hard to get the pin in just right. Plus, the nut that's located at the top between the two pipes at the downpipe side was a pain to get off since I didn't have all my tools to use (sacrificed the use of all my tools to use a lift). And, yes, that one piece stock catback was very long and heavy. The rest of the install went fairly smooth though. I turned off the impulse combustion with Bimmerlink. I can't stand the pop pop pop noises. Sounds much louder now too. So happy that saggy diaper stock muffler look is gone as well. And those tips! Beautiful! Exhaust note is fairly raspy, but then again, the S54 was super raspy as well, so nothing new. All in all, I love it!

Inside, it does drone a little. But, I'm fine with that. This exhaust makes it very difficult to adhere to the break-in procedure. I keep wanting to push the car to hear it.

I'll post some better videos/pictures once the car is washed.
how is the fitment on this? i had the signature exhaust before and it was really tight... it would sometimes hit/vibrate/rattle against the underbody/f brace... very annoying. so i hope this new system fixes that issue
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 08:37 AM   #98
gmhl10
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Not a M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced View Post
how is the fitment on this? i had the signature exhaust before and it was really tight... it would sometimes hit/vibrate/rattle against the underbody/f brace... very annoying. so i hope this new system fixes that issue
The more I drive it, the more I am hearing rattling as well. Rattling seems to only occur after starting up the car until it warms up. It really is annoying. It could possibly be the design, but it could also have been that I messed up on the install. Had to go to the ER a few days ago so I've just been resting up. I need to find some time to put it back up on a lift to see exactly where the rattling is coming from. I'll check around the F-brace like you said.

Another thing I've noticed as I've been driving it more is that, for the exhaust valves, the two options are loud and louder at start up. My neighbors are going to hate me when I start the car in the morning. Haha. However, once the car is warmed up, with the exhaust valves closed, it is fairly quiet so at least they won't be too upset when I'm coming home and I drive back in to the garage.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 01:22 PM   #99
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
3 shots of the AA Axleback on my car. The closeup is with my phone on the ground. Zero issues with install and nothing is rubbing/rattling..

The tips on it are some knock off CF's from China. They have held up well and cost next to nothing..

Hoping to get some quality drive by sound clips next week when it warms up some here.
Attached Images

My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 02:14 PM   #100
Advanced
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAT TIME RULES View Post
3 shots of the AA Axleback on my car. The closeup is with my phone on the ground. Zero issues with install and nothing is rubbing/rattling..

The tips on it are some knock off CF's from China. They have held up well and cost next to nothing..

Hoping to get some quality drive by sound clips next week when it warms up some here.
first off, nice brakes!

second, i don't think the issue is with the rear section fitment but more of the issue with their midpipes. anyway, exhaust looks good... however, in the 3rd photo is it the angle of your picture or is the right side of the exhaust lower than the left? it doesn't look straight lol... its very apparent when looking at it near the middle of the diffuser. looks like its slanted haha
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 02:45 PM   #101
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
first off, nice brakes!

second, i don't think the issue is with the rear section fitment but more of the issue with their midpipes. anyway, exhaust looks good... however, in the 3rd photo is it the angle of your picture or is the right side of the exhaust lower than the left? it doesn't look straight lol... its very apparent when looking at it near the middle of the diffuser. looks like its slanted haha
Angle of the Picture.....
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #102
M2COD
Enlisted Member
Rep

Got my full system installed yesterday. Sounds rowdy af. Not so much a rattle, but there is one frequency it hits that seems to resonate/rattle every piece of plastic in the car. Notice it for a split second on downshifts etc. Not a deal breaker, but noticable. Other than I will definitely delete the burble as it is crazy in Sport+, I love it. Sounds like a completely different animal now.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2021, 04:01 PM   #103
M2COD
Enlisted Member
Rep

I should also note the shop didn't want to give me the car back because they loved it so much 😂
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 10:52 AM   #104
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2COD View Post
I should also note the shop didn't want to give me the car back because they loved it so much 😂

Appreciate 0
      03-07-2021, 01:28 PM   #105
Hingle Mccringleberry
Private
Rep
Drives: '20 M2C

Quote:
Quote:
The more I drive it, the more I am hearing rattling as well. Rattling seems to only occur after starting up the car until it warms up. It really is annoying. It could possibly be the design, but it could also have been that I messed up on the install. Had to go to the ER a few days ago so I've just been resting up. I need to find some time to put it back up on a lift to see exactly where the rattling is coming from. I'll check around the F-brace like you said.

Another thing I've noticed as I've been driving it more is that, for the exhaust valves, the two options are loud and louder at start up. My neighbors are going to hate me when I start the car in the morning. Haha. However, once the car is warmed up, with the exhaust valves closed, it is fairly quiet so at least they won't be too upset when I'm coming home and I drive back in to the garage.
Same issue for me.

Particularly I noticed a metal on metal rattle seemingly coming from under the center console area that definitely was not in the cabin. It was most noticeable at low revs while under load and turning left and uphill into my driveway (maybe bc of a slight amount of frame flex).

The metal bracket on the passenger side of the mid-pipe, about 1 foot back from the downpipe, holding the fibrous flat underbody panel was resting against the pipe. My shop (shout out to EuroMpire in the Charlotte area!) installed the exhaust and honestly everything about the install looks perfect, so I think it's just the tight tolerances to fit the pipe that made this happen.

It took about 5 minutes to fix. Removed the screw holding the panel to the bracket, then barely bent the bracket away from the pipe about 0.25" (it doesn't require much force bc it's pretty malleable) and drilled a new small hole about 0.25" through the panel medial to the previous one, then reinstalled the screw. Voila! No more rattle!

There are other new rattles from inside the cabin, but those are expected and just plastic rattle bc of the increased volume and rumble.

The exhaust sounds amazing and makes me love the car so much more! After coming from a 981 GTS, the sound from this car was the most disappointing aspect... But now that's fixed!

One other thing, I have the Carbahn stage 1 tune with "exhaust overrun and start-up roar". These 2 special features of the tune were nice with the stock exhaust, but really obnoxious with the new one. I'm going to try to have these 2 sound mods removed in the near future.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 08:20 PM   #106
AM///X3M
Private First Class
Rep

https://www.instagram.com/s/aGlnaGxp...83406159425373

Here are a couple of videos of the EL midpipe with the new axle back exhaust
      03-11-2021, 03:20 AM   #107
Tupps11
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Got this back in late Jan but only got around to installing it last Saturday (due to lockdown).

Huge thanks to Mike at Extreme and Andrew at Active for their brilliant and proffesional service. Fitment was perfect both at the rear and with the Active single midpipe.

Enjoy some pics of the install...
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
AM///X3M361.50
QM287.00
      03-11-2021, 10:53 AM   #108
mike@x-ph.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupps11 View Post
Got this back in late Jan but only got around to installing it last Saturday (due to lockdown).

Huge thanks to Mike at Extreme and Andrew at Active for their brilliant and proffesional service. Fitment was perfect both at the rear and with the Active single midpipe.

Looks great, congrats!!

Appreciate 1
Tupps1130.00
      03-12-2021, 08:40 AM   #109
RemoWilliams84
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 ZB M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupps11 View Post

I just ordered this exact setup yesterday. How do you like it?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2021, 09:55 AM   #110
scarygary
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Anybody have experience with the 90mm tip from AA vs the 102mm from Dinan? with stock diffuser
Appreciate 0