BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Is this really repairable?

11-02-2021, 09:32 AM   #1
BlacMacJac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW '20 M2C

Is this really repairable?

Looking to this group for advice - My M2C was victim of a left insecure Home Depot flat bed cart.

My insurance company (USAA) sent me to Service King (who they have ownership in) who told me both this dent on the 1/4panel body line and this gash in the skirt are "repairable". I'm extremely suspect this is possible to return the car to it's correct state.

Wondering if anyone in this group with experience can provide some guidance. thanks in advance.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 12:49 AM   #2
Itz_Kev
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Comp

I'm no expert but I would expect this would take a lot of work to fix. I would rather get them all replace then to get them repair.

Best of luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 01:55 AM   #3
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Definitely repairable, but I'd go WAY out of my way to find the best body man I could find to tackle a job like that. The guy who fixed my Z4M earlier this year was a 40-year body man with impeccable skillz and quality standards. They're out there, but you gotta vet them carefully. Good luck!
selbyp93163.50
      11-03-2021, 01:06 PM   #4
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

The side skirt aside (it's probably cheaper to replace it with a new part than repair and repaint), that looks like it could be fixed with paintless dent repair (so no Bondo), but would need the panel to be repainted.

Unless there's damage behind the outer panel, I probably wouldn't want anyone but a BMW bodyshop cutting and replacing panels
Appreciate 1
selbyp93163.50
      11-04-2021, 04:45 AM   #5
selbyp93
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F22 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Fifty View Post
The side skirt aside (it's probably cheaper to replace it with a new part than repair and repaint), that looks like it could be fixed with paintless dent repair (so no Bondo), but would need the panel to be repainted.

Unless there's damage behind the outer panel, I probably wouldn't want anyone but a BMW bodyshop cutting and replacing panels
Ditto. I'd suggest replacing the side skirt.
Appreciate 0