BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > OFFICIAL: M2C Exhaust Options MegaThread

10-13-2021, 09:26 AM   #331
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVE7 View Post
A friend did a review of my M2C. Including some good sound recordings.

exhaust : Milltek OPF back system

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2021, 08:15 AM   #332
Finz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 M Coupe, MY20 M2C ED Sept

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Do the AA single and EL midpipes use the same connector pipes?
      11-01-2021, 07:18 PM   #333
M2EVO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C | 2014 EVO X

///M_ZA

Sound awesome man not much different from mine tbh since I got non res and stock cats at least in the videos is quite similar. I don't love the cold start either but if you can do the cold start delete I'm thinking that should help.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2021, 02:55 AM   #334
///M_ZA
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2EVO View Post
///M_ZA

Sound awesome man not much different from mine tbh since I got non res and stock cats at least in the videos is quite similar. I don't love the cold start either but if you can do the cold start delete I'm thinking that should help.
Thanks! I would imagine they are very similar, maybe just a difference in volume.

I'm not planning to flash my car so cold start delete unfortunately is not an option. I either just wait the minute for cold start to finish or drive off in 2nd and then it's not an issue after that first minute or two. It's a trade-off I'm willing to accept considering how good it sounds the rest of the time.

I can't get over the sound at the top of the rev range, between 2nd and 3rd all they way to 7.5k RPM it just screams.

Here is another little clip. I still need to get some outside fly-by clips though.

Appreciate 0
      01-16-2022, 05:09 PM   #335
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Looks like other companies are still building their own style of Equal Length.

https://www.x-haust.be/nl/bmw-m2c-eq...h-uitlaat.html

I feel like all the current solutions needs to become more refined, but once you install an EL setup....you can never go back to anything else.
Attached Images

-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2022, 09:03 PM   #336
pawelczyk7
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 bmw m2 comp 6spd

[QUOTE=CoffeeLife;28475377]Looks like other companies are still building their own style of Equal Length.

https://www.x-haust.be/nl/bmw-m2c-eq...h-uitlaat.html

Interesting to see this setup , But after experimenting and starting with first the MPE ... then adding the AA single Midpipe... and lastly the Non resonated AA EL which personally I think will be hard to top... But will be keep my Ears open !!!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 07:22 PM   #337
muzface
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Hey all, first time poster. thread is pretty awesome and dangerous. Has dropped me down a bit of a rabbit hole in terms of setup.
has anyone installed a crank motorsports system yet?

Sounds ok and good price point. Interested in quality and irl experience (drone, rasp, loudness etc)
Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 04:13 PM   #338
scarygary
Private
Rep
Drives: M2C

Anybody else notice more road noise from installing aftermarket axleback? I originally thought it was me needing new tires since mine were close to being done, or maybe a balancing issue. Then it dawned on me, removing the cow udder is probably allowing more road noise from the rear. Its not a 'womp' sound, just not exactly what I remember from before is all. Just wondering, I think everything else mechanically is still good.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2022, 11:13 PM   #339
Rub1con76
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Bmw F87 M2

Nobody here with lightweight exhaust?
      06-28-2022, 11:16 AM   #340
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Hi everyone!

New M2C owner here (19' ~20k miles in Hockenheim Silver). As many of you stated before, the stock exhaust system isn't the best.

I'd love to change some things around, but really not sure what to go with. Was hoping you guys could consult me in what I should get.

I was thinking of getting an equal length MP paired with an exhaust system. Not really sure which models to consider.

I've heard the AA MP and Remus AB Exhaust pairing is the way to go. Is that still the choice(s) for today's M2C owners? Should I look into something else?

I'd love to get something that has incredible value. Really looking for a sporty exhaust note that will eliminate the "diaper" look in the stock setup.

Oh, and I also would like for the CEL NOT to come on after everything has been installed. Not sure how that works these days, but I just don't want the CEL to come on.

Thanks!

Last edited by Hank Scorpio; 06-28-2022 at 11:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2023, 04:34 PM   #341
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Scorpio View Post
Hi everyone!

New M2C owner here (19' ~20k miles in Hockenheim Silver). As many of you stated before, the stock exhaust system isn't the best.

I'd love to change some things around, but really not sure what to go with. Was hoping you guys could consult me in what I should get.

I was thinking of getting an equal length MP paired with an exhaust system. Not really sure which models to consider.

I've heard the AA MP and Remus AB Exhaust pairing is the way to go. Is that still the choice(s) for today's M2C owners? Should I look into something else?

I'd love to get something that has incredible value. Really looking for a sporty exhaust note that will eliminate the "diaper" look in the stock setup.

Oh, and I also would like for the CEL NOT to come on after everything has been installed. Not sure how that works these days, but I just don't want the CEL to come on.

Thanks!
Anyone? lol
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2023, 01:35 AM   #342
drp087
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 BMW M2C

Welcome to the S55 Exhaust Rabbit Hole.

You mentioned EL (Guessing AA), but do you want Resonated or Nonres?
Remus has a Sport vs a Race Version

Check out a thread I had going https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1941252

There are so many variances even within just the AA Midpipe + Remus Lines (All without CEL)

If you can specify your priorities: Value for money, Aggressiveness/Loudness, Daily vs Weekender, Low tone vs Mid-High Tone, etc. I think you'd get a more informative answer!

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Thanks!
      04-01-2023, 10:57 PM   #343
dead.pixel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
The S55 exhaust rabbit hole is a great way to describe it. It’s been 8 years since the S55 has been released and many affluent enthusiasts have tried every combination of down pipe, mid pipe, and muffler to only give up and move on. It’s kind of depressing.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2023, 07:45 AM   #344
NCM2C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 M2Comp

FYI - since this is the M2 thread, figure ya'll haven't seen the new valvetronic design. It's a combi EL + Single in certain sections & it is undoubtedly the best sounding exhaust i've heard on this platform. ALMOST - key word, almost - has s58 type sound.

https://valvetronic.com/products/bmw...valved-exhaust
Appreciate 2
(K)1240.50
      04-03-2023, 10:28 AM   #345
dead.pixel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCM2C View Post
FYI - since this is the M2 thread, figure ya'll haven't seen the new valvetronic design. It's a combi EL + Single in certain sections & it is undoubtedly the best sounding exhaust i've heard on this platform. ALMOST - key word, almost - has s58 type sound.

It’s nice to see further development of a comprehensive solution. That said, it sounds pretty roudy with both valves configurations. It’s basically a straight pipe with valves open. Maybe a resonator would add some refinement.
Appreciate 2
(K)1240.50
      04-06-2023, 11:44 AM   #346
CoffeeLife
Coffee Every Day
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Garage List
2021 BMW M2C  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead.pixel View Post
It’s nice to see further development of a comprehensive solution. That said, it sounds pretty roudy with both valves configurations. It’s basically a straight pipe with valves open. Maybe a resonator would add some refinement.
Yea I’m glad they are still developing for the platform and trying to improve their products.

I literally tossed their old equal length setup in the trash due to dissatisfaction on many levels.

Their new setup definitely might need another resonator like you said though haha.
-Recaro Pole Position , 2kBody Half Cage, Pinnacle Motorsports Half Cage (On order), CAE Shifter
-Remus Race + BR EL Mid
Appreciate 1
      04-06-2023, 01:18 PM   #347
(K)
Captain
Rep
Drives: '21 M2C 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCM2C View Post

A noticeably aggressive system but overall nice sound profile. I'm curious what a resonated version would sound like also.

Though for almost half the price of an Akra system I *could* be convinced to sell mine and switch over.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2023, 05:23 AM   #348
NCM2C
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 2020 M2Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by (K) View Post
A noticeably aggressive system but overall nice sound profile. I'm curious what a resonated version would sound like also.

Though for almost half the price of an Akra system I *could* be convinced to sell mine and switch over.
I’m having a guy copy the exhaust and go the custom route for a 1/3 of the price. Using an existing EL mid pipe I’m supplying.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2023, 05:58 PM   #349
M3R1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M2cs

M2cs Eisenmann valved exhaust with AA resonated equal length mid pipe

https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1865324

Last edited by M3R1; 04-15-2023 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 1
chris7197273.00
      04-11-2023, 10:02 AM   #350
Hank Scorpio
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by drp087 View Post
Welcome to the S55 Exhaust Rabbit Hole.

You mentioned EL (Guessing AA), but do you want Resonated or Nonres?
Remus has a Sport vs a Race Version

Check out a thread I had going https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1941252

There are so many variances even within just the AA Midpipe + Remus Lines (All without CEL)

If you can specify your priorities: Value for money, Aggressiveness/Loudness, Daily vs Weekender, Low tone vs Mid-High Tone, etc. I think you'd get a more informative answer!
Realized I wasn't specific at all. Thanks, for the heads up. Here is what I'm looking for.

I would def. prioritize Value for money with a mix of aggressiveness/loudness. The M2C is a daily driver, as I will be driving 5-6/week. Not sure about the tone, but I do know I would like something deep and aggressive.

As for resonated vs. non-resonated -- I'm not entirely too sure if I'm being honest. I do not have too much familiarity with this. But from the little I do know, I would not like to have TOO much cabin noise.

Hope this is a good starting point. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2023, 04:02 PM   #351
allinon72
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' M2C, 23' X1

This one is a bit of a unicorn but here it goes anyway. MPE w/resonated single mid pipe.

Cold start

Sport Plus warm engine revs
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2023, 08:56 PM   #352
Reddevils7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 M2CS

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [7.83]
2020 F87 M2CS  [7.13]
Quote:
Realized I wasn't specific at all. Thanks, for the heads up. Here is what I'm looking for.

I would def. prioritize Value for money with a mix of aggressiveness/loudness. The M2C is a daily driver, as I will be driving 5-6/week. Not sure about the tone, but I do know I would like something deep and aggressive.

As for resonated vs. non-resonated — I'm not entirely too sure if I'm being honest. I do not have too much familiarity with this. But from the little I do know, I would not like to have TOO much cabin noise.

Hope this is a good starting point. Thanks!
If you want aggressive/loud look into the AA signature exhaust. It's essentially a single 3.5" exhaust from the downpipes back. I run it with stock downpipes. None of that annoying lawnmower noise that's associated with the s55. It has a nice deep rumble. I run it on my stock CS so I don't have any of the competition burbles so can't comment on how it would be with a m2c from that aspect
Appreciate 0