BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) > Tint your car! TAC systems one step master

07-13-2021, 04:04 PM   #1
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: M2

Tint your car! TAC systems one step master

Applied this the other day, some reviewed it as making the car look darker and slick. Sure sure I thought, really I wanted something new to play with and to put on top of recently applied TAC moonlight.

It went on and off MUCH more easily with no warmth in the panels. Even an overcast but warm day meant application was not slick as described and quite a grabby removal. As soon as panels cooled it went on and off really easily. Also as water based doesn't have the feel of a harsh chemical or the mess of an oil based like moonlight.

It cured and 48hrs later the car looks slightly tinted!

In fact when I went to get suspension done yesterday a chap commented without prompting that he thought the car looked tinted as he knows what LBB looks like!

I like it, car looks different which is nice as a change itself but meaner and more serious.

Well priced, lasts six months, easy on and off. Protects your main coating or can be used as a coat itself. Hydrophobicity appears good too, perhaps sheeting better than beading which is ultimately what you want esp from a ceramic product (waterspotting).

Price is good and a little goes a fair way two drops on MF sponge pad applicator does 2ft square.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
SebsM2
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2

09-12-2021, 01:26 PM   #3
Saintjah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Cant get it in the states.....
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 10:03 AM   #4
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep

Car still looking darker /different than OEM

No TAC rep in the US?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2021, 07:37 PM   #5
black'n'redE92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3t3p View Post
Car still looking darker /different than OEM

No TAC rep in the US?
Carzilla out of Canada has the complete TAC line. Quick shipping, and reasonable. I love Tac Moonlight, I've had it on since February, and still going strong. I ordered the One Step as a topper. Only did the trunk lid, but it's definitely darker. Can't wait to find the time to do the rest of the car.

'08 E92~ Black Saphire Metalic~Coral Red Interior~Brushed Aluminum Trim~ Black Kidney Grilles~ JB4 G5 Board~Powder Coated Black 189's~Blacked Out Roundels~ 20% Tint All The Way Around~BMS DCI~8K Angel Eyes~M Tech Side Skirts~Smoked Side Markers~15MM/12MM BMS Wheel Spacers
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2022, 06:39 AM   #6
3t3p
Major
New Zealand
Rep

How'd you get on? Just got my car here in NZ from UK. She was filthy AF but detailed her and the protection was still on there in heaps. As you'd expect but still nice to see
Appreciate 0