BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Remus Sport + AA Resonated Equal Length Midpipe

12-14-2021, 04:23 PM   #89
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

[QUOTE=Nicname;28360205][QUOTE=Navy Davy;28357846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post

Haven't had the chance. I live in pretty much a city so I have no where to rev or launch and I'm going on vacay this weekend Sorry guys.
Maybe the beginning of next year.
All good man, my car prob won't leave the garage much if at all this winter anyway.

Happy Holidays! 🎄🎅🏻
Appreciate 1
Nicname351.00
      12-15-2021, 11:58 AM   #90
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by squixs View Post
Nice! Do you also have a video while driving?
Not any good ones. The Iphone mic doesn't pick up all the sound/tone. It sounds much better in person.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 02:47 AM   #91
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Davy View Post
Not any good ones. The Iphone mic doesn't pick up all the sound/tone. It sounds much better in person.
Gotcha, could you describe how it sounds during driving and with high revs? Has it still a high pitch / racy sound in high revs? That's a thing I like about the stock muffler with AA EL.

How's the drone btw?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2021, 07:01 AM   #92
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Gotcha, could you describe how it sounds during driving and with high revs? Has it still a high pitch / racy sound in high revs? That's a thing I like about the stock muffler with AA EL.

How's the drone btw?
It still sounds great to me, it's got a deep tone driving around town. When quickly climbing the RPMs in 2nd and 3rd I'll hear the intakes pulling air in rapidly. That paired with the exhaust noises is borderline orgasmic. Highway driving is even better, especially with burbles on. I find that without them I feel like something is missing. The small amount of drone that there is is definitely livable with.

At times I do wish it was a little bit louder, but then other times I'm like, nahhh it's perfect. I'll wait til @nicname posts a vid of his setup with no resonators on his AA EL before potentially making the switch tho. I'm also keeping a close eye on @BMW DIY GUY's videos for when he adds on the AA muffler. He has AA catless dps which sounded pretty decent with just the stock muffler matched to his AA EL (res) midpipe. That being said, I probably won't touch dps til after the warranty is up.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2021, 06:40 AM   #93
Finz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 M Coupe, MY20 M2C ED Sept

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
It still sounds great to me, it's got a deep tone driving around town. When quickly climbing the RPMs in 2nd and 3rd I'll hear the intakes pulling air in rapidly. That paired with the exhaust noises is borderline orgasmic. Highway driving is even better, especially with burbles on. I find that without them I feel like something is missing. The small amount of drone that there is is definitely livable with.

At times I do wish it was a little bit louder, but then other times I'm like, nahhh it's perfect. I'll wait til @nicname posts a vid of his setup with no resonators on his AA EL before potentially making the switch tho. I'm also keeping a close eye on @BMW DIY GUY's videos for when he adds on the AA muffler. He has AA catless dps which sounded pretty decent with just the stock muffler matched to his AA EL (res) midpipe. That being said, I probably won't touch dps til after the warranty is up.
When I added the AA muffler to the EL non res it was definitely louder than stock muffler. Valves open, high rpms, stock sounded almost like straight pipes - sounded really good. AA muffler gave it more of an exotic wail. It was awesome.
Navy Davy220.00
      12-22-2021, 07:41 AM   #94
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
When I added the AA muffler to the EL non res it was definitely louder than stock muffler. Valves open, high rpms, stock sounded almost like straight pipes - sounded really good. AA muffler gave it more of an exotic wail. It was awesome.
Did you remove that setup or do you still have it? How long did you have it? Any negatives? Have you ever compared how yours sounded to any in person that had the same midpipe, but with a muffler other than the AA one?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2021, 06:07 AM   #95
Finz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 02 M Coupe, MY20 M2C ED Sept

Garage List
2020 M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Did you remove that setup or do you still have it? How long did you have it? Any negatives? Have you ever compared how yours sounded to any in person that had the same midpipe, but with a muffler other than the AA one?
The EL with AA muffler was my favorite set up, and if I keep the car I will go back to that. The negative was something I also experienced with the stock muffler, which was a really loud pop on start up when the engine was semi-warm. Based on opinions from other forum members, I decided to try the single mid. That noise went away, but overall I really don't like the sound. I have not tried the single with the OEM muffler and do not intend to. My current plan is to move on from the M2C and will sell both midpipes and the muffler.

I have not heard other EL setups in person. I did hear the single mid combined with a Remus race. The owner loved it, I did not. I can guarantee you that Internet sound clips do not sound like the real thing.
      12-23-2021, 08:33 AM   #96
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The EL with AA muffler was my favorite set up, and if I keep the car I will go back to that. The negative was something I also experienced with the stock muffler, which was a really loud pop on start up when the engine was semi-warm. Based on opinions from other forum members, I decided to try the single mid. That noise went away, but overall I really don't like the sound. I have not tried the single with the OEM muffler and do not intend to. My current plan is to move on from the M2C and will sell both midpipes and the muffler.

I have not heard other EL setups in person. I did hear the single mid combined with a Remus race. The owner loved it, I did not. I can guarantee you that Internet sound clips do not sound like the real thing.
If anyone is near Maryland, I'm glad to meet up sometime to let folks hear my EL AA resonated mid with the Remus race. Warmed up I get some very subtle burbles on decel and startup is the only place where it's a little much in cold/warmup start.
      12-28-2021, 10:20 AM   #97
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Quote:
Quote:

How's the drone btw?

Definitely not a quality video and something I just remembered I shot a few months ago after getting the unres version installed. I hope to get a video this weekend for y'all
This video just shows that burbles with the non res are dialed up when driving very moderately (my wife).

https://youtube.com/shorts/o-DT92nsVpU?feature=share
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 1
Navy Davy220.00
      12-28-2021, 10:39 AM   #98
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Definitely not a quality video and something I just remembered I shot a few months ago after getting the unres version installed. I hope to get a video this weekend for y'all
This video just shows that burbles with the non res are dialed up when driving very moderately (my wife).

https://youtube.com/shorts/o-DT92nsVpU?feature=share
That thing sounds pretty mean! Very deep tone!
Appreciate 1
Nicname351.00
      12-28-2021, 05:16 PM   #99
iWayne
///M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Sounds good Nic! I'm actually thinking about swapping in the resonated section w/ the Remus Race now to be a little more discrete
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2021, 07:06 PM   #100
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWayne View Post
Sounds good Nic! I'm actually thinking about swapping in the resonated section w/ the Remus Race now to be a little more discrete
That's the exact setup I have. I still need to get a buddy to ride next to me and get some rolling and under-load sound clips. Definitely some drone with the flaps open from 3-4Kish RPM and with the flaps closed there is a small drone spot somewhere in there but it's MUCH less pronounced. The sound is really nice though!
      01-05-2022, 05:04 PM   #101
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Don't think its worth making another thread but below are 3 quick videos I was able to get. I've been stuck in Brazil longer than I would've hoped since I got Covid the day I was suppose to fly out...
Anyways, below are some videos of the Remus Sport + AA Non Res EL mid pipe. I recorded the cold start, cold revs, and warm up revs. The warmed up revs are from a further distant than the original video in this thread which features the resonated mid pipe so maybe it'll give the impression that its not louder. As I mentioned before, I feel like there is a slight increase in volume, more of an increase in the burbles, and a slight increase in the cold start "fart" noise.
I'll try to get some drive by's this weekend.

REVS:

COLD START:

COLD REVS:
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 5
drp087233.00
Navy Davy220.00
M-Pilot4859.00
      01-06-2022, 12:28 AM   #102
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't think its worth making another thread but below are 3 quick videos I was able to get. I've been stuck in Brazil longer than I would've hoped since I got Covid the day I was suppose to fly out...
Anyways, below are some videos of the Remus Sport + AA Non Res EL mid pipe. I recorded the cold start, cold revs, and warm up revs. The warmed up revs are from a further distant than the original video in this thread which features the resonated mid pipe so maybe it'll give the impression that its not louder. As I mentioned before, I feel like there is a slight increase in volume, more of an increase in the burbles, and a slight increase in the cold start "fart" noise.

REVS:

COLD START:

COLD REVS:
That sounds straight fuego! Could you record vids with the burbles turned off for comparison too? 🤙🏼
Appreciate 1
Nicname351.00
      01-06-2022, 08:09 AM   #103
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:

REVS:

COLD START:

COLD REVS:
This is the setup I really wanted and ended up getting a good deal on the Remus race. Would be curious with burbles off and some similar videos of mine and yours to compare race vs sport. Maybe one day I'll swap but I love it so far. Much louder than stock with resonated EL and race.
      01-07-2022, 07:18 AM   #104
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPECABL View Post
Quote:

REVS:

COLD START:

COLD REVS:
This is the setup I really wanted and ended up getting a good deal on the Remus race. Would be curious with burbles off and some similar videos of mine and yours to compare race vs sport. Maybe one day I'll swap but I love it so far. Much louder than stock with resonated EL and race.
I really believe Race + Res EL is the way to go for most folks since we're putting an after market exhaust for a reason, sound.
For me as I mentioned before, I live in an apt in a city and it's my family's only car (video was recorded at my parents house since they are in the suburbs).
If I had 2 cars and a house, best believe Race would've been the option for me as well
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2022, 07:22 AM   #105
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWayne View Post
I still have it sitting in a box
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 02:51 AM   #106
squixs
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep

Quote:
I really believe Race + Res EL is the way to go for most folks since we're putting an after market exhaust for a reason, sound.
For me as I mentioned before, I live in an apt in a city and it's my family's only car (video was recorded at my parents house since they are in the suburbs).
If I had 2 cars and a house, best believe Race would've been the option for me as well
I’m debating whether to go for sport vs race since I already have a resonated AA EL midpipe. I heard that there is quite some drone with the Remus Race, that would be a reason for me to go for sport.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 09:19 AM   #107
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
I’m debating whether to go for sport vs race since I already have a resonated AA EL midpipe. I heard that there is quite some drone with the Remus Race, that would be a reason for me to go for sport.
if you're on stock downpipes, i would go with the Race.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2022, 04:27 PM   #108
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Sport has drone as well with valves open. Valves close on the highway unless you have it coded out so you'd only experience it driving around town in sport/sport+
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2022, 08:08 PM   #109
///MPECABL
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If I open the flaps with Bimmerlink, the EL mid + Race drones some from 3000-4000rpm but nothing crazy and barely dones with the flaps closed from 3000-3400rpm or so. I would not let the drone deter you. Once you're at cruising speed its fine, flaps open or closed, for high trips and stuff. It sounds GLORIOUS with any rpm and has a much deeper tone all around.

I still think it's incredible how much different the emotion to drive the car is now that it's more audible.
      06-22-2022, 02:58 PM   #110
Navy Davy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Here's a cold start vid. I switched to non-res A-B pipes as well.

Appreciate 1
Nicname351.00