BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip > Track Forum General Chit Chat

11-29-2021, 11:24 AM   #705
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M2RAW View Post
I put my pss10 to the stiffest for the last session and it didn't do well for me. Any thoughts? I find it 5 click did good.
At its stiffest it's overdamped. This reduces the suspension's ability to move with the road surface and reduces grip. It causes the tire to skid/skip over the road surface.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 1
M2RAW120.00
      11-29-2021, 05:06 PM   #706
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C

Dropped my new wheels off to get some Goodyear supercar 3s installed on them. Then I'm set for my track day on the 13th
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan702.00
      11-30-2021, 01:14 AM   #707
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymoose View Post
Dropped my new wheels off to get some Goodyear supercar 3s installed on them. Then I'm set for my track day on the 13th
You will love the grip! Tread life is hmmm. For the 3R that is.
      11-30-2021, 10:11 AM   #708
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
You will love the grip! Tread life is hmmm. For the 3R that is.
Yeah I was on michelin pilot sport 4S'. I wanted something with more grip without going to an R compound.

The 19s I were running my next option up was Cup 2's at $2500 a set :|
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:26 PM   #709
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Already texting with OG Shark.

12MM spacers on front 18x10 et33s. 275/35/18 square

Slight fender rubbing at completely full left turn.

Not much clearance between the tire and fender especially with it poking out like it is. I'll probably need to have the shop raise the front an inch
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:54 PM   #710
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
Quote:

Not much clearance between the tire and fender especially with it poking out like it is. I'll probably need to have the shop raise the front an inch
What's stopping you from pulling the wheel in with a thinner spacer? Are you rubbing a spring perch if you run ET28 with a 5mm spacer instead?

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 06:59 PM   #711
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
Quote:

What's stopping you from pulling the wheel in with a thinner spacer? Are you rubbing a spring perch if you run ET28 with a 5mm spacer instead?
I rub the inner fender liner barely at full steering wheel turn. I'm also running ET33 at all 4 corners. Maybe that's my problem. I should try different spacers in the front.

Fitment Note: we do our best to display wheels that fit your BMW model, based on your model selection. This set has been specifically chosen for aggressive track/race use and some compromises should be expected to fit wide rubber on these cars. The ET33 offset means spacers are recommended or required, depending on the model (see below). Many variables must be considered for wheel fitment, especially when using larger wheels or different offsets. These variables include: suspension type and settings, ride height, tire size, bodywork changes, and alignment settings. In some cases, additional parts or modifications may be necessary for fitment that may not be listed in our catalog. Final wheel fitment and clearance is the responsibility of the customer, however, we welcome your questions on fitment, size, offset, or other wheel-related inquiries. Wheel returns are limited to quality issues only.

Recommended Spacer Sizes:
F87 M2: small spacer in the front, depending on suspension setup
E46 M3: no spacers required but 5-12mm is recommended for a flush look
F8X M3/M4: requires a 3-5mm spacer in the front
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2021, 09:15 PM   #712
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

Stock dyno results - 390hp & between 406 & 415 tq. Pretty good baseline!

Dyno Graph
Appreciate 1
CrashFL136.50
      11-30-2021, 10:08 PM   #713
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I rub the inner fender liner barely at full steering wheel turn. I'm also running ET33 at all 4 corners. Maybe that's my problem. I should try different spacers in the front.

Fitment Note: we do our best to display wheels that fit your BMW model, based on your model selection. This set has been specifically chosen for aggressive track/race use and some compromises should be expected to fit wide rubber on these cars. The ET33 offset means spacers are recommended or required, depending on the model (see below). Many variables must be considered for wheel fitment, especially when using larger wheels or different offsets. These variables include: suspension type and settings, ride height, tire size, bodywork changes, and alignment settings. In some cases, additional parts or modifications may be necessary for fitment that may not be listed in our catalog. Final wheel fitment and clearance is the responsibility of the customer, however, we welcome your questions on fitment, size, offset, or other wheel-related inquiries. Wheel returns are limited to quality issues only.

Personally I wouldn't worry about rubbing the liners. You need more negative camber. I run -3.2 with the same size wheel and tire. Check out my square tire thread. All the information you need is in there.
Personally I'd roll and pull the front fenders a tad. I did and I love it and I know my wheels will never destroy the fender…which isn't cheap lol
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2021, 01:57 PM   #714
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
Personally I wouldn't worry about rubbing the liners. You need more negative camber. I run -3.2 with the same size wheel and tire. Check out my square tire thread. All the information you need is in there.
Personally I'd roll and pull the front fenders a tad. I did and I love it and I know my wheels will never destroy the fender…which isn't cheap lol
Thanks for the help! I post in the square thread but just in case for new folks going down this same journey Ill post here as well.

Just rolled back in from the alignment.

275/35/18 Goodyear Supercar 3's on a square ET33 18x10 wheel with front camber @ -3.2 and rear @ -1.8 on ohlins road and track with 3dm suspension swift springs I am able to clear the fender without any issues.

The shop said I have plenty of clearance on my setup that I do not need to roll the fenders.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 02:13 PM   #715
M1500Z
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a white BMW

Has anyone run the Maxxis RC-1 (R2)? I've read they tick a lot of the boxes, but I haven't found any first-hand F8X experiences. They're slightly cheaper than NT01 but supposedly a little faster and just as long wearing.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 06:32 PM   #716
OG Shark
Rep

Anyone in the Dallas area happen to have two Hoosier A7 275/35/18 I can come buy tonight?
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 06:36 PM   #717
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Anyone in the Dallas area happen to have two Hoosier A7 275/35/18 I can come buy tonight?
Awww snap. What's the story here
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2021, 07:52 PM   #718
M1500Z
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Could holler at Texas Track Works if you haven’t already. http://texastrackworks.com

I have no idea if they’ll be able to help, but should be able to provide some assistance since they handle a lot of tires/alignments.

Last edited by M1500Z; 12-03-2021 at 07:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2021, 06:05 AM   #719
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Awww snap. What's the story here
Just a mix up and four new rears got loaded instead of 2 fronts & 2 rears. Got into the other set a bit hard today trying to get up to speed as fast as possible thinking I had the other new set waiting for the prime comp runs today & tomorrow. The current set is still serviceable.- just going to be off their peak time a little bit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1500Z View Post
Could holler at Texas Track Works if you haven’t already. http://texastrackworks.com

I have no idea if they’ll be able to help, but should be able to provide some assistance since they handle a lot of tires/alignments.
Awesome, I’ll reach out to them definitely worth a shot. Thanks
Appreciate 1
      12-05-2021, 08:30 AM   #720
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you add camber they will fit relatively easily. How much camber are you currently running? Edit - just saw your subsequent post stating that you added camber
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2021, 08:57 AM   #721
mcvaughan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F87 Competition

Quote:
Curious why A7 and not R7? Do they come up to temp faster?
      12-05-2021, 09:49 AM   #722
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you add camber they will fit relatively easily. How much camber are you currently running? Edit - just saw your subsequent post stating that you added camber
Yep. More camber fixed it. It was previously at -2.4 in the front and it was too close for comfort. I'm at -3.2 in the front and -1.8 in the rear.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2021, 10:10 AM   #723
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcvaughan View Post
Curious why A7 and not R7? Do they come up to temp faster?
Come up to temp quicker and are noticeably faster. They can fall off much quicker though and do not like high ambient temps. Well suited for autocross & time trials but can also do well in short sprint races when the track temp isn't too high. And just like most of the faster tires like this there first one or two heat cycles are the quickest and then they fall off from there. I have also found their useful lifespan to be shorter than the R7. Overall if you are going to hoosiers and unless you are competing in those type of comps the R7 is a better overall value. Or yoko A80 compound slicks.
Appreciate 1
mcvaughan702.00
      12-13-2021, 06:21 AM   #724
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Man nothing beats a Monday off of work and at the track. This is the last track day around here for a few months. Excited to see how the 18s and the ap racing kit does over the factory 400mm brembos and the 19s I was running
Appreciate 2
neonbrown274.50
mcvaughan702.00
      12-13-2021, 11:35 AM   #725
M1500Z
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Man nothing beats a Monday off of work and at the track. This is the last track day around here for a few months. Excited to see how the 18s and the ap racing kit does over the factory 400mm brembos and the 19s I was running
I think you'll be very pleased. You have what is very close to my setup (if not the same). Depending on feel, I would try those tires at lower hot pressures than you may think—the sidewall is quite stiff and I've found they work down to 33-32 hot. Have fun!
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2021, 11:57 AM   #726
Anonymoose
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1500Z View Post
Quote:
I think you'll be very pleased. You have what is very close to my setup (if not the same). Depending on feel, I would try those tires at lower hot pressures than you may think—the sidewall is quite stiff and I've found they work down to 33-32 hot. Have fun!
Thanks! I found this out this morning. First time out on them and I ran 34 psi. They warmed up to 45psi

Next session set to 32 and they came back 35psi hot. I'm having a little bit of fender rub up front but it's not enough to be worried about today. I'll probably run more camber. I might even be able to go down to a 10mm spacer
Appreciate 0