BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > Welcome, My M2 Competition

10-15-2021, 03:41 AM   #23
J886
Canada
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604skyline View Post
I think my numbers are correct, The BMW Store got 4 - CS, and I think there are 12 in BC??

I passed on a BSM w/ 763M gold from Park Shore in North Van. back in April....
that sounds like a healthy number of CS in BC!

might just have to wait until spring to see one on the road...
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 03:46 AM   #24
J886
Canada
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
I got the info below from an earlier post in the M2 forum here. This package is standard on US M2c's. That first item - "folding compartment..." - I *think* refers to the little compartment below the headlight switch - which we don't have because the driver assistance buttons are there. Also - no nets on seatbacks, at least not on my US-spec '21. Do Canadian cars with this optional package have them?

from BMW Canada:

Storage Compartment Package
For the interior:
- Folding compartment in instrument panel on driver's side
- Driver's and passenger seat with nets on seat backrest
- Rear 12V power socket
In luggage compartment:
- 2 lashing eyelets with netting that can be adjusted manually
- 2 bag hooks, left and right
- 6-point fastening on luggage compartment base
- Additional 12 V power socket
interesting, not sure how I did not come across this information lol

everything regarding the interior is as you have noted—I actually couldn't believe my eyes when I saw there were no nets in the seat backrest lol

as for the trunk, everything seems consistent with the list above except I am not aware of the existence of the 12V power socket... might as well look for it out next time I am back there
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2022, 06:40 PM   #25
kitskar
kitskar
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M2 comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by J886 View Post
Ladies and gentlemen,

After registering to be a member on this forum since the end of July, I am finally making my official debut...

This is my first attempt at starting a thread after having stalked the forum for who-knows-how-long. My original intent was to do this right after I picked up my car... but, I have been so busy driving and experiencing the car. I feel zero shame having confessed to that lol. Onto the main topic, but first a little backstory:

Growing up, I have always loved cars. From JDMs to European exotics, and even early Koenigseggs, I have always drooled over each and every car I came across. To be honest I do not know where I picked this fixation on cars from, as I do not have any memory of being brought up around any noteworthy cars. There was without a doubt that I had a love for the mechanical object that is a vehicle though. As for the M2 Competition? It was one of the top contenders ever since I decided it was time for me to get my own car. There were many reasons that attracted me to it: small, two-door coupé, sports car, track-ready, looks just right out of the box et cetera.. needless to say, it also is a proper M car!

After spending months of endless deliberation, a special person popped up in my life, who induced me to grab an allocation (because YOLO!). As a result, on a random mid-April day while working at home, I decided to pick up the phone and call my local dealer. Mind you, I did not have any high hopes at this point given that I was aware EOP for the model is in June. However! Contrary to my expectations, the dealer had one more open allocation that was allotted to them! Without any hesitation, I ordered the car to my liking, waited three whole months (it was a little torturous) until I was able to finally lay my eyes on it during a sunny July weekend...

Now onto the most important aspect of this post:

Factory Specs
- Sunset Orange Metallic
- Black Dakota Perforated Leather w/ Orange Stitching
- Standard Transmission
- 19" Forged 788M Black Wheels
- Storage Compartment Package
- Harman Kardon Sound System
- M Performance Exhaust

This car has been a lot of first times for me. Namely, it is my first high-performance sports car, my first M, first vehicle with a standard, and also the first that should not be neutral coloured! Honestly, there will probably be a lot more of these down the road lol.

As of now, the car is just a notch above 1,800 km and has just completed its break-in service. It unfortunately is still at the service centre awaiting a new tire as I have already attempted to drive over a nail... regardless, time to fully enjoy the car once it is back in my hands! Until then...

PS I am genuinely curious as to how many SO M2's there are lurking around, especially in Western Canada?

The car, in all its glory, on delivery day:
Congratulations….. that's the spec I was looking for when I started looking for an M2 … very nice
Have a great time Driving
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2022, 12:11 PM   #26
yk7
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW E92 M3

Beautiful spec! Big congrats, enjoy in good health. I got mine a week ago, it was going to be Hockenheim or sunset orange, but ended wt Hockenheim. Orange is definitely rarer!!!
Appreciate 0