BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > USGP

10-12-2021, 05:08 PM   #1
OG Shark
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Angry

USGP

Only 10 more days...

Such an awesome weekend out there! And finally a race that really means something!!!
Appreciate 2
CFO277.00
      10-12-2021, 05:16 PM   #2
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Only 10 more days...

Such an awesome weekend out there! And finally a race that really means something!!!
F1 right? I had heard rumors they weren't going to COTA anymore cause it's too bumpy
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #3
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWC-F87 View Post
F1 right? I had heard rumors they weren't going to COTA anymore cause it's too bumpy
Yeah the F1 race. It's not so much the bumpiness anymore - it is now more about the transitions from old to new asphalt due to the partial repave. The grip levels are definitely different - and it's far worse in the wet. A few of the Moto GP guys definitely weren't fans - and I absolutely do not blame them. The bumps are for the most part better (definitely better than '19) but would be awesome if a full repave was done. Just doubt the money is there for it.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 05:37 PM   #4
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Shark View Post
Quote:
Yeah the F1 race. It's not so much the bumpiness anymore - it is now more about the transitions from old to new asphalt due to the partial repave. The grip levels are definitely different - and it's far worse in the wet. A few of the Moto GP guys definitely weren't fans - and I absolutely do not blame them. The bumps are for the most part better (definitely better than '19) but would be awesome if a full repave was done. Just doubt the money is there for it.
Yeah my dad had neck surgery and was laid up. We watched MGP. His buddy is the owner of American Racing, I think it's GP2 I can't remember. We were supposed to go to the race but his surgery put an end to that. So watching it sufficed. I couldn't believe how squirly some of the guys got. Especially at those speeds! I feel less bad for the F1 drivers. Atleast they're strapped in lol
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2021, 07:08 PM   #5
neonbrown
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 09:02 AM   #6
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Yeah my dad had neck surgery and was laid up. We watched MGP. His buddy is the owner of American Racing, I think it's GP2 I can't remember. We were supposed to go to the race but his surgery put an end to that. So watching it sufficed. I couldn't believe how squirly some of the guys got. Especially at those speeds! I feel less bad for the F1 drivers. Atleast they're strapped in lol
Ugh, getting your neck cut on is not a whole lot of fun - hopefully it went well & he has a good recovery Never really been into Moto GP or bikes in general but have actually watched a few races this year. Those guys are literally insane!

Quote:
Originally Posted by neonbrown View Post
Can't wait!
Ought to be an interesting race. Looks like Merc has picked up a little more speed in the last couple of races but hopefully RB has closed the gap at COTA.
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2021, 09:50 AM   #7
AWC-F87
Lieutenant
Rep

Yeah Moto anything is nuts. I was a local pro motocross racer for years. Now with age comes a cage.
Pops is doing well! His big concern is wearing his helmet while tracking his car and how much he'll be able to move his neck lol.

I really thought verstapen had it this year! But I think he let emotions get involved and made some questionable decisions. Really wanted to see him dethrone Hamilton!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2021, 10:18 AM   #8
OG Shark
Rep

Quote:
Yeah Moto anything is nuts. I was a local pro motocross racer for years. Now with age comes a cage.
Pops is doing well! His big concern is wearing his helmet while tracking his car and how much he'll be able to move his neck lol.

I really thought verstapen had it this year! But I think he let emotions get involved and made some questionable decisions. Really wanted to see him dethrone Hamilton!
Certainly every situation is different but I had to have three vertebrae fused in my neck and haven't had any issues on the track. Mobility isn't the best but with the mirrors properly set I have as much visibility as possible with a halo seat & neck restraint. I splurged for a carbon fiber Stilo to minimize the weight and worked through a couple of neck restraints before landing on one from Stand21 that fits me best. Still get sore and all that - but hasn't been a detriment so far. Hopefully works out for your dad like this.

Think the added race is going to end up swinging it into Mercs favor. Definitely hope it doesn't end up that way - want to see Ver take it home too.
Appreciate 0