BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Competition Model > New interior option spotted at Geneva Motorshow

03-13-2019, 12:20 PM   #23
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Yuck.

What next, M Tri-Colour grille slats factory fit. No thanks.
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2019, 02:11 AM   #24
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aWanderlustSeoul View Post

I would prefer a drivers car with lots of different interior options, tech features, a simple sync button to control the climate control on both sides of the car. How much weight savings did removing that option help?
That kind of car exists.

It's called the Porsche 911 in any of its variants. If you want ultra-high quality and endless options, you gotta pay to play.

That said, for a brand new car that costs $62K including destination, you can't really fault an M2C for what it is. At the end of the day the M2C is a tarted up 2-Series, lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMBRAP View Post
Quote:

I would prefer a drivers car with lots of different interior options, tech features, a simple sync button to control the climate control on both sides of the car. How much weight savings did removing that option help?
That kind of car exists.

It's called the Porsche 911 in any of its variants. If you want ultra-high quality and endless options, you gotta pay to play.

That said, for a brand new car that costs $62K including destination, you can't really fault an M2C for what it is. At the end of the day the M2C is a tarted up 2-Series, lol.
Completely agree. I think that car can also be the Porsche Cayman for me which was the car that i initially wanted and checked off most of the right boxes for me.

It's nice to get all the options your heart desires but then the cost of the build increases exponentially until you can build a cayman in the 90-100K range which a little insane. I'm not asking BMW to have that extensive a la carte list of options but having a few more than many customers may want if offered seems like a no brained an additional revenue channel they are not tapping into IMO.

The M2C seemed more practical for me since it could seat more than 2, has more trunk storage, and I thought it would be a decent daily but I rarely drive it due to certain love/hate relationship with it.

If I could go back in time and choose a car over again, I would probably have gotten the 981 or 718 Cayman GTS or possibly something completely different and an SUV like the Macan.

Right now I'm planning to keep the M2C for at least a year. But I've been known to change my mind so depends if a great deal on another car I want comes along and how much I would lose on the M2C if I tried to sell or trade it in so soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2019, 11:32 PM   #25
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

LED's: yes please
that: no.
      03-15-2019, 08:29 AM   #26
Megator
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:

The M2C seemed more practical for me since it could seat more than 2, has more trunk storage, and I thought it would be a decent daily but I rarely drive it due to certain love/hate relationship with it.
So what is it about the M2C that makes you hate it? Because I am in a similar dilema at the moment.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:43 PM   #27
SliChillax
First Lieutenant
Albania
Rep
Drives: Ex BMW owner, will return soon

Garage List
I saw this in person too while it looks horrible in pictures I quite liked it in person.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2019, 08:56 PM   #28
MrOhnoez
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 GLI, '79 beetle, '99 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by as7920 View Post
Yuck.

What next, M Tri-Colour grille slats factory fit. No thanks.
Just wait till you see the illuminated grill slats on the new X6.

Just you wait...
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2019, 02:46 AM   #29
aWanderlustSeoul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M2 Competition HS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megator View Post
So what is it about the M2C that makes you hate it? Because I am in a similar dilema at the moment.
Sorry for the delay. I missed your post earlier.

Hate is a strong word to use so maybe a better word I should use is "strongly dislike".

I have mentioned some of my dislikes in some other forum posts. A couple of posts are here. Posts #68 and #70.

Of course this is subjective and just my opinions. For context, I have not owned a car in over 4 years and this is the first BMW I've purchased...I'm not a BMW fanboy.

Dislikes

1. Steering Wheel - It's not comfortable to hold
2. Suspension - Too stiff for me as a daily driver. Wish there was an option for adaptive suspension for those that want it.
3. Harman Kardon Stereo - It sucks and I listen to music pretty much everytime I drive. Again I wish BMW would often an option to upgrade the stereo regardless if the 2 series is considered an entry level BMW. There are better stereo systems in entry level Japanese or American cars. Does having an option for a good stereo system make it a non-drivers car?
4. Interior/Technology - It's dated and not much new tech. I understand this is a drivers car but then why for example do the same people who agrees this is a drivers car complain there is no Android Auto being offered? Also why does this car not have a sync button for climate control and still have a CD player that I'm assuming most of us never use now or are we back in the 80s-90s.
5. Gas Tank - I don't even care this car gets crappy gas mileage and I can afford to pay for gas but the small tank size is annoying and it sucks to have to fill this tank up more frequently than normal.

I agree with others that for the value, you get a lot with your money for an M2 or M2C. If BMW is going to cheap out on features/options and nickel and dime you for the M2/M2Cs then at least like Porsche, offer more options and charge a premium and let the customers that want it pay the premium/markup.

I only have about 800+ miles on this car since I got it 3 months ago. I'm still deciding if I want to keep this car for at least a year or longer or if it's worth taking the depreciation hit/loss early and get a different vehicle that I would like better.

Why do you like not like the car?
Appreciate 0