BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Got my Alignment Done, Is My Tech correct?

09-14-2023, 06:29 PM   #1
Boba1214
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Got my Alignment Done, Is My Tech correct?

Hi guys,

I just got my alignment done after installing Millway Street camber plates, and I am on OEM suspension otherwise. I wanted to have street and track setting

The tech said when I run at max camber for the track, I'll be able to achieve about -3.2deg at around -0.55 toe out.

We never actually adjusted to the max setting so I wanted to get some confirmation from the folks here to see if his track setting assumptions are correct.

Also, I noticed that the camber plates are at different measurements at the street -1.7deg camber. Is this because I sat in the driver's seat while he was doing the alignment, so my weight impacted this? I was thinking once I know how much millimeters to move the plate on one side, I can apply the same to the other side.

Below is my alignment spec. Thanks y'all!
Attached Images

Last edited by Boba1214; 09-14-2023 at 06:35 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 06:35 PM   #2
kthor703
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba1214 View Post
Hi guys,

I just got my alignment done after installing Millway Street camber plates. I wanted to have street and track setting

The tech said when I run at max camber for the track, I'll be able to achieve about -3.2deg at around -0.55 toe out.

We never actually adjusted to the max setting so I wanted to get some confirmation from the folks here to see if his track setting assumptions are correct.

Also, I noticed that the camber plates are at different measurements at the street -1.7deg camber. Is this because I sat in the driver's seat while he was doing the alignment, so my weight impacted this?

Below is my alignment spec. Thanks y'all!
When you say different measurements, are you referring to the "millimeter marks" on the plates, as seen in the engine bay?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 06:37 PM   #3
Boba1214
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthor703 View Post
When you say different measurements, are you referring to the "millimeter marks" on the plates, as seen in the engine bay?
Yes, just updated my post for clarification. I was referring to the millimeter markings on the Millway camber plate. I was thinking if one side is at X mm for example, I can apply the same measurement to the other side. But right now, both sides are different. Not sure if it's because the tech had me sit in driver side while doing this (I'm 155lbs)...

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2023, 06:47 PM   #4
kthor703
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boba1214 View Post
Yes, just updated my post for clarification. I was referring to the millimeter markings on the Millway camber plate. I was thinking if one side is at X mm for example, I can apply the same measurement to the other side. But right now, both sides are different. Not sure if it's because the tech had me sit in driver side while doing this (I'm 155lbs)...

I see. My set is the same way. Same, or similar, camber degree on both sides, but different mm markings. I think it just comes down to variation the car and parts.
Appreciate 1