BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 Discussions > Great steering for all OG/LCI M2!!! :-)

06-23-2021, 02:41 AM   #155
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 300f87 View Post
Do it!
lol here goes a bunch of money for a power supply and Esys X...
      06-24-2021, 02:36 AM   #156
300f87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Coded F87CS MDM tonight. I got two (silent) fault codes stored in memory--see photos. Both of them went away after clearing. Scanned again after 15-20 minutes of driving to make sure I did not have any faults return. No load reversal dampening error!

The car feels very very neutral now. It probably was like this after coding F87CS GHAS. But, I noticed that the back end steps out much easier during turns with additional throttle input with F87CS MDM. From what I have read in this thread and others, you may not feel too much of difference though, if you are already using F82GTS MDM. My baseline is stock F87.

This was totally worth the money I spent on the laptop/ESYSX. Thanks again, F87source for your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
///M TOWN16569.50
      06-25-2021, 09:14 PM   #157
eldogo
Lieutenant
Tanzania
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi BMW X5 F15 BMW M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Hit up @kubax86 for his M2 CS transmission, diff and steering flash. It's perfect!
      06-25-2021, 09:50 PM   #158
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogo View Post
Hit up @kubax86 for his M2 CS transmission, diff and steering flash. It's perfect!
It's not a flash it's coding, he does exactly what we do here (unless he changes FA/VO) but for people that don't have esys or don't know how to do it. For coding personally I would rather do it myself so I can revert it back to stock, or change it to different versions if I so desire.

Also note for people with older isteps f87cs eps, transmission, diff, mdm etc will not be available regardless of who you get it from. You will need an istep update, unless something like the thor flasher updates these individual ecus (not sure if it does).

But I agree kubax86 is a solid dude, I've spoken to him in the past and will be getting map updates from him. Just not coding because I prefer to do it myself, and like to fiddle alot. But if you don't know how to do it, or don't want to spend money on esys x because you're the set it and forget it type it probably would be cheaper and easier to have kubax do it. But yeah overall I highly recommend him to do any sort of coding you may need.
eldogo274.00
      09-05-2021, 12:00 AM   #159
Ggeezer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Thanks again. I cleared the faults, rescanned after 15 minutes of driving, and none of the faults have returned.

I could not get the diff recalibrated because something is wrong with my copy of ISTA+. Whenever I click on the service functions menu, it would freeze up the program. I will have to try again with a different version, but like you said this may not be needed as the car feels totally fine. I will probably just keep an eye on the fault codes for now, and scan the car every few days to see if any fault codes return.

Now the good news is--we do have F87CS MDM in the latest ISTEP (along with a bunch of different options). Yes, I would feel much more comfortable to try out the F87CS MDM for the reason you mentioned. I did not get to try it out today, but will do next time I get in the car.
My Istep was recently updated to the latest version but I do not have access to Launcher 3.7 nor Esysx (just found out that they are no longer providing it due to a move to the cloud ... and some other unfortunate events).

I scanned the CAFD file using Esys (see screenshot) and would it make sense that "UNK_PARAM_4" would correspond to F87CS coding for MDM?

I'd prefer to do this myself but with Tokenmaster MIA and EsysX no longer being provided, seems we are SOL.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 12:09 AM   #160
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ggeezer View Post
My Istep was recently updated to the latest version but I do not have access to Launcher 3.7 nor Esysx (just found out that they are no longer providing it due to a move to the cloud ... and some other unfortunate events).

I scanned the CAFD file using Esys (see screenshot) and would it make sense that "UNK_PARAM_4" would correspond to F87CS coding for MDM?

I'd prefer to do this myself but with Tokenmaster MIA and EsysX no longer being provided, seems we are SOL.
From what heard fork an experienced coder you can't code it at all even with a cafd file from someone else who has f87cs coding and you compare the files to find out which unkown paramter f87cs is. Because the old launcher doesn't even have f87cs mapped out internally.
      09-05-2021, 01:36 AM   #161
300f87
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:

That is very unfortunate. It looks like one of the developers of EsysX passed away. From what F87Source is saying, you won't be able to code anyway, but--if you are still curious whether "UNK_PARAM_4" would correspond to F87CS coding, I can compare the CAFD files for you.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 01:38 AM   #162
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
That is very unfortunate. It looks like one of the developers of EsysX passed away. From what F87Source is saying, you won't be able to code anyway, but--if you are still curious whether "UNK_PARAM_4" would correspond to F87CS coding, I can compare the CAFD files for you.
I also heard the CAFD tool is really old and outdated, so it also isn't mapped and won't be able to read the values correctly. So I don't know if you can even do that.
      09-05-2021, 09:49 AM   #163
Ggeezer
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by F87source View Post
I also heard the CAFD tool is really old and outdated, so it also isn't mapped and won't be able to read the values correctly. So I don't know if you can even do that.
Thank you both. Looks like I will wait for a proper copy of Esysx or Laucher Pro.

In the meantime, I assume that F82GTS coding would still work?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2021, 01:26 PM   #164
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Thank you both. Looks like I will wait for a proper copy of Esysx or Laucher Pro.

In the meantime, I assume that F82GTS coding would still work?
Yes, if it shows up properly it'll work.
      09-08-2021, 06:42 PM   #165
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Yes, if it shows up properly it'll work.
I wonder if BimmerCode can code M2 CS MDM. I'm not sure how different it would be from my M2C. I've always used a combo of Carly and Bimmercode.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 06:45 PM   #166
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
I wonder if BimmerCode can code M2 CS MDM. I'm not sure how different it would be from my M2C. I've always used a combo of Carly and Bimmercode.
It cannot, bimmercode cannot access the ghas, eps, or dsc modules. You could always ask them if they'll support it in the future, because if they do it'll obsolete the Thor flasher.
      09-08-2021, 06:54 PM   #167
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
It cannot, bimmercode cannot access the ghas, eps, or dsc modules. You could always ask them if they'll support it in the future, because if they do it'll obsolete the Thor flasher.
Thanks. A friend of mine with an OG M2 said that there was a huge difference when he coded the M2C MDM. I wonder if the next step to CS us worth the trouble. BM3 stage 1 seems to help with rpm drop between shifts with a 6MT.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 08:35 PM   #168
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.83]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eldogo View Post
It's not a flash it's coding, he does exactly what we do here (unless he changes FA/VO) but for people that don't have esys or don't know how to do it. For coding personally I would rather do it myself so I can revert it back to stock, or change it to different versions if I so desire.

Also note for people with older isteps f87cs eps, transmission, diff, mdm etc will not be available regardless of who you get it from. You will need an istep update, unless something like the thor flasher updates these individual ecus (not sure if it does).

But I agree kubax86 is a solid dude, I've spoken to him in the past and will be getting map updates from him. Just not coding because I prefer to do it myself, and like to fiddle alot. But if you don't know how to do it, or don't want to spend money on esys x because you're the set it and forget it type it probably would be cheaper and easier to have kubax do it. But yeah overall I highly recommend him to do any sort of coding you may need.
He installs the iSTEP I believe when you buy his complete package
      09-08-2021, 10:02 PM   #169
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
He installs the iSTEP I believe when you buy his complete package
That's an istep update. It's not always needed to get f87cs settings though, if your istep is new enough you can get it just with coding.
      07-21-2022, 06:50 PM   #170
Notaligned2
Rep
Drives: BMW 328

By requesting a software update from the BMW dealer to prepare the car for M2CS steering settings will that apply modern encryption that will prevent the car from being tuned in the future?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2022, 07:54 PM   #171
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notaligned2 View Post
By requesting a software update from the BMW dealer to prepare the car for M2CS steering settings will that apply modern encryption that will prevent the car from being tuned in the future?
Do you have an m2 or m2c or m2cs?

If it's an m2cs then it's already locked, if you have an m2c it depends on if it's new enough and if it is then yes it'll lock the ECU.

OG m2's won't be affected so flash a new istep all you want.
      08-07-2022, 09:27 PM   #172
Dasnub
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpsRider View Post
Thanks. A friend of mine with an OG M2 said that there was a huge difference when he coded the M2C MDM. I wonder if the next step to CS us worth the trouble. BM3 stage 1 seems to help with rpm drop between shifts with a 6MT.
The lag between shift issue was a major focus of one of their most recent tunes. As far as I know, BM3 is the only tuning company that bothered to try and fix it.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2022, 01:20 AM   #173
atlas
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: F10 535i, M2 LCI, G05 X5 40i

So I've been told the package to use now is BimmerUtility? Looks like it costs 100 USD. Anyone used it yet? It's there any other way to code these settings?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2023, 08:38 PM   #174
F87source
Major General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
So I've been told the package to use now is BimmerUtility? Looks like it costs 100 USD. Anyone used it yet? It's there any other way to code these settings?
So there is a replacement tool if anyone needs to code f87cs parameters (which will not be doable with the old esys launcher pro 2.8.1 which you can find on the forums) then you can use the protool app to do it. This app can code anything esys can, so it's literally a mobile esys.

Here's my review on the app and my guides on how to code the eps, ghas, and dsc:

Main review: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?p=29968185

Guide on how to use Protool to Code:
EPS module: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...4#post29968214
DSC module: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...8#post29968208
GHAS module: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...7#post29968227
Appreciate 1
Smiler1.50