BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Make DSC OFF easier to use?

06-21-2022, 04:50 AM   #1
adzik
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87

Make DSC OFF easier to use?

So I'm driving without TC most of the time. I activate comfort/sport only when I'm tired etc. Because of work from home I rarely take my M2 for anything else than... spirited drive. *cough*|

It's kind of annoying to every time hold the DSC button with one hand and open MPE flaps with the other.

Is there a way to for example code in car starting in DSC OFF?
Or shorten the time of button press to like two seconds?
OR! Maybe to make Sport+ completely without TC (not MDM)?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 06:49 AM   #2
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by adzik View Post
So I'm driving without TC most of the time. I activate comfort/sport only when I'm tired etc. Because of work from home I rarely take my M2 for anything else than... spirited drive. *cough*|

It's kind of annoying to every time hold the DSC button with one hand and open MPE flaps with the other.

Is there a way to for example code in car starting in DSC OFF?
Or shorten the time of button press to like two seconds?
OR! Maybe to make Sport+ completely without TC (not MDM)?
Can't do any of it
Appreciate 1
allinon724923.50
      06-21-2022, 12:05 PM   #3
echoshotz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

The M1/M2 buttons can save that info, for instance double press M1 and I have full dsc off, double press M2 and I have MDM mode enabled, as well as the steering/throttle responses I want associated with each M button
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2022, 02:10 PM   #4
kubax86
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoshotz View Post
The M1/M2 buttons can save that info, for instance double press M1 and I have full dsc off, double press M2 and I have MDM mode enabled, as well as the steering/throttle responses I want associated with each M button
There is no M1/M2 on OG M2. Only Comp/CS
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2022, 11:39 AM   #5
Recker81
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

I use the M1/M2 buttons but sounds like you may not have that in the OG version. I will say though, I switched from full DSC to MDM mode during my last track event and did almost a full spin within the first five minutes! Throttle modulation is MUCH more important with DSC off.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 05:01 AM   #6
adzik
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recker81 View Post
I use the M1/M2 buttons but sounds like you may not have that in the OG version. I will say though, I switched from full DSC to MDM mode during my last track event and did almost a full spin within the first five minutes! Throttle modulation is MUCH more important with DSC off.
That's why you should totally learn to drive in DSC OFF.
Sport+/MDM gives the false sense of control... Same as Audi RS5 Quattro makes you feel like a really good and fast driver...

I don't want to sound like a poser or something, I'm far from being a racing driver. I also drove only in Sport+ and I turned on the DSC OFF only for an occasional doughnut in the snow.

When I started driving in DSC OFF I understand WAY BETTER what the car is doing.
If you want to "drift" in Sport+, you mash the throttle and use the steering wheel, and the computer adjust the wheel speed...
If you spun with DSC OFF nearly immediately after turning off the TC, it means that you always apply too much gas with the MDM and computer fixes your errors.

As an ex-programmer I find it rather scary to trust a code written by some German dude at BMW :P
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2022, 06:22 AM   #7
Recker81
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

You’re not wrong. I’ve done several track events and have gotten “good” enough. But turning DSC off made me realize I’ve become good at not paying attention to mashing the throttle when coming out of turns, etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2022, 06:50 AM   #8
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I had m2 cs dsc settings coded on my og m2 a few weeks ago. Mdm mode is improved by 1000x. It will only kick in if you start to over rotate by a lot. Definitely had to get used to it but will be trying this out in the track as well.
Appreciate 0