BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > M2 Photos, Videos and Builds > Owner Topic - MR from Czech Republic - M2 CSL Turbomeister Edition revealed

11-14-2018, 03:40 AM   #287
n55co
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: G80X BSM

mid pipe / link pipe replaces the OPF/cat as well, which will trigger a CEL.
OPF/cat-back exhaust with changed mid-muffler would not trigger a CEL, i guess.

MPE for S55 M3 is replacing the mid and rear muffler but keeps the mid cats
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2018, 05:35 PM   #288
warrenw
Food Critic
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 19 AW M2C, 21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
Did you read my story on DriveTribe?

Slip-on is axle back or back box. Whatever we call it.

MR
I did after I asked the question LOL

I'd actually likely be okay just running the slip on exhaust, cheaper than the whole thing and I retain smog requirements.
      11-15-2018, 03:15 AM   #289
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by n55co View Post
is there any reason, why Akrapovic still keeps the mid-muffler?
They could keep the stock OPF filters and change mid and rear muffler?
Quote:
Originally Posted by n55co View Post
mid pipe / link pipe replaces the OPF/cat as well, which will trigger a CEL.
OPF/cat-back exhaust with changed mid-muffler would not trigger a CEL, i guess.

MPE for S55 M3 is replacing the mid and rear muffler but keeps the mid cats
Yes, it does trigger a CEL! Only over 5K rpm. Only option to make it work is tune the car or wait until there is maybe a sport downpipe that is good enough to deal with the OPF situation but there is not one at this moment.

Linkpipes are never homologated so only meant for the race track! Of course, you might fit it on a car and drive it daily, but officially you are not allowed to run it due to sound levels and emissions regulations.

MR
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 06:24 AM   #290
Abrunho
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
I haven't got a clue how it sounds. I am collecting my car tomorrow and then taking it on a road trip across Europe.

The sound track discussion is one I will share with you guys when I have content to go with it. At this moment, I got this information for now and the rest follows quite soon.

Tomorrow is a day of flights, meetings and a drive to Italy where more meetings await me.

MR
Any updates (first impressions, soundtrack improvement, photos...) you can share at this time, for those of us who are having to cope with the stock exhaust?
Appreciate 1
m7ammed210.00
      11-18-2018, 02:51 PM   #291
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrunho View Post
Any updates (first impressions, soundtrack improvement, photos...) you can share at this time, for those of us who are having to cope with the stock exhaust?
Yes, I am planning on writing another story asap. I am waiting for a full set of photos and content which I can share with you.

I am filming a decent sound video on Thursday, since I filmed something on my phone but wasn't happy with the quality at all. I need a decent microphone.

I have done extensive highway testing and today I have been testing how the flap reacts while going through different modes while also using the Akrapovic remote. There are some interesting things I found, which I need to triple check first.

For now I can say that the car has really started to come alive with the improved sound track. More on all the details of the slip-on and then I will continue to test the linkpipe, remove the ASD and share more on the performance improvements we achieved.

MR
Appreciate 2
      11-18-2018, 08:15 PM   #292
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrunho View Post
Yes, I am planning on writing another story asap. I am waiting for a full set of photos and content which I can share with you.

I am filming a decent sound video on Thursday, since I filmed something on my phone but wasn't happy with the quality at all. I need a decent microphone.

I have done extensive highway testing and today I have been testing how the flap reacts while going through different modes while also using the Akrapovic remote. There are some interesting things I found, which I need to triple check first.

For now I can say that the car has really started to come alive with the improved sound track. More on all the details of the slip-on and then I will continue to test the linkpipe, remove the ASD and share more on the performance improvements we achieved.

MR
So it has a remote? So the cars mode won't work with it ?
      11-19-2018, 07:10 AM   #293
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m7ammed View Post
Just wait and see until I explain it all. It has a few tricks up it sleeve

Don't worry about the modes of the car. Nothing changes, you only get extra.

MR
Appreciate 1
m7ammed210.00
      11-19-2018, 07:19 AM   #294
m7ammed
Captain
Saudi Arabia
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Quote:
Quote:
Just wait and see until I explain it all. It has a few tricks up it sleeve

Don't worry about the modes of the car. Nothing changes, you only get extra.

MR
Maybe this is a more general question, but do the Akra tip have come with a logo? And can you fit standard or logo less tips to it?

Cops make issues about exhaust sound. If it's looks stock being an M it will pass that it came from factory like that lol
      11-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #295
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Maybe this is a more general question, but do the Akra tip have come with a logo? And can you fit standard or logo less tips to it?

Cops make issues about exhaust sound. If it's looks stock being an M it will pass that it came from factory like that lol
Akrapovic tips always have the logo on it. You cannot fit standard or logo less. You can scrub it off or paint it black if you want, but that it up to you

MR
Appreciate 1
m7ammed210.00
      11-21-2018, 04:53 PM   #296
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
OK, the sound video of the Akrapovic system has been created tonight thanks to Carvlogger, a Dutch YouTuber who took his camera and we filmed it. I now need to edit it and then write the story when I have freaking time! Pretty busy right now in my agenda with travelling a lot.

I also had my first dyno run done today as well. At least the first one I witnessed and not the one Akrapovic did with my car. Results were 396 hp and 570 Nm stock. Surprising low hp number, but then we put it up against the M2's, M3's and M4's we ran on the same dyno we saw the same kind of graphs we have become so familiar with the past few weeks. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Also I connected the official report of my cars weighing. You can see 1544 kg! Maybe the 14 hp I don't have makes up for the lower weight.

The dashcam from VAVA was also installed today, but I have not fully installed the camera yet. I still need a microSD card for it.

Oh and next to that my steering wheel has been finished! krizze arranged it for me and it now has a red 12-o'clock marker fitting the red M1/M2 buttons and the red starter button.

MR
Attached Images

Last edited by MR.; 11-21-2018 at 05:00 PM..
Appreciate 6
Meanie546.50
cptobvious2531.50
krizze928.00
Robin_NL8717.00
///M Houbi1655.00
      11-22-2018, 12:48 AM   #297
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Garage List
Really strange that your car weights less and has a different weight distribution than Bmw claims, maybe there's something wrong with that weight scale, it's as around 70kgs were missing on the front axle
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 12:54 AM   #298
Lukeni
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Really strange that your car weights less and has a different weight distribution than Bmw claims, maybe there's something wrong with that weight scale, is as around 70kgs were missing on the front axle
Its missing the driver...75kg in bmw's calculation
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 01:19 AM   #299
VIERsr
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Nope, for the Dkg model Bmw claims 1575 kgs without driver (DIN spec) and 1650 kgs with driver and baggage (EU spec) with standard equipment - so without heavy brakes, heavy wheels, power seats, sunroof etc. - and 52/48 weight distribution, far from 50/50.
Other people here have weighed their M2C and they got results similar to those declared by Bmw.
But now the most important thing is how the Akra looks and sounds!
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 02:54 AM   #300
Lukeni
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RS4_ View Post
Nope, for the Dkg model Bmw claims 1575 kgs without driver (DIN spec) and 1650 kgs with driver and baggage (EU spec) with standard equipment - so without heavy brakes, heavy wheels, power seats, sunroof etc. - and 52/48 weight distribution, far from 50/50.
Other people here have weighed their M2C and they got results similar to those declared by Bmw.
But now the most important thing is how the Akra looks and sounds!
So its missing 30kgs not 70kgs? Maybe the akra saved some weight? Cant tell how much tho
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 03:06 AM   #301
scflaw
Captain
Rep
Drives: M135I, Macan S, G26 i4M50

This whole akra exhaust thing is the automotive equivalent to a cock tease.
Appreciate 1
      11-22-2018, 03:13 AM   #302
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Guys, the car was fully stock and using the normal exhaust. It was weighted on an official FIA certified racing car weighing system.

As mentioned before I will do another weighing soon to confirm, but for now this is what I got. I don't know what others have done and how they weighted it. I only know that this is what I got from the weighing test that Akrapovic did.

MR
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 05:25 AM   #303
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Guys, the car was fully stock and using the normal exhaust. It was weighted on an official FIA certified racing car weighing system.

As mentioned before I will do another weighing soon to confirm, but for now this is what I got. I don't know what others have done and how they weighted it. I only know that this is what I got from the weighing test that Akrapovic did.

MR
May be because the fuel tank is running low as the DIN weight is calculated with fuel level at 90% of the fuel tank's capacity.

1 Litre of fuel = approx. 0.77Kg

If 40L is missing from the tank then the car would be 30Kg lighter...

The car is more balanced (F/R + L/R) than most people would have thought
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #304
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Another weighing done! And yes, the real weight is 1642,50 kg. The weighing station has mis-typed the 1544... It should have been 1644 kg.

I built the original exhaust back today for testing and weighing, so that we can investigate what kind of tune we can install on a stock car, then on the slip-on exhaust and finally on the system with the link pipe. This testing is done over the next 7 days!

MR
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      11-22-2018, 12:52 PM   #305
akkando
Major General
Rep
Drives: 17 M2 DCT LBB,11 e90 M3 ZCP IB

Quote:
Another weighing done! And yes, the real weight is 1642,50 kg. The weighing station has mis-typed the 1544... It should have been 1644 kg.

I built the original exhaust back today for testing and weighing, so that we can investigate what kind of tune we can install on a stock car, then on the slip-on exhaust and finally on the system with the link pipe. This testing is done over the next 7 days!

MR
Are the OPFs off yet or what?
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 01:02 PM   #306
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by akkando View Post
Are the OPFs off yet or what?
OPFs will be removed when the link pipe is fitted!

MR
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 03:21 PM   #307
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Subscribed.... cant wait to see / hear this...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #308
Abrunho
Private
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Subscribed.... cant wait to see / hear this...
Hear, hear! 😁
Appreciate 0