BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Bimmercode topics

03-22-2019, 12:31 PM   #2245
sincron
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw 650i M

just new to this, ordered the odb and i'm trying to catch some data now.
i will once i get it. thanks
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 09:08 AM   #2246
sincron
United Kingdom
Rep

could someone please help me to code this one or if it's possible to do it ?

bmw 650i - eyebrows active
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 10:58 AM   #2247
88tuning.id
Private First Class
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: E39 520i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincron View Post

What parts on f06 headlamp is called "eyebrows"?

The turn signal?
      03-23-2019, 11:58 AM   #2248
sincron
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88tuning.id View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincron View Post

What parts on f06 headlamp is called "eyebrows"?

The turn signal?
i'm sorry for my language, yes can be the turn signal but is a day light as well...

for some users i see they founded under sidemarkers category, for me doesn't exist this ...

edit

i'm trying to achieve what this guy is doing in this video, Disable Legal Disclaimers (Startup, Cameras, Etc.) but m doing same thing like in the video but don't find nothing about disclaimer in Headunit. maybe cos i've got different car model ?

Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 09:25 AM   #2249
sincron
United Kingdom
Rep

i did it thanks to this post

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...QbmRhZuBwHPTv4

i can't find sidemarkers or 3063

Wifi ENABLE WIFI HOTSPOT
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 05:54 PM   #2250
R0ME0
"The Midas Touch"
Rep
Drives: F87 LBB ///M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [10.00]
2008 Z4M - SOLD  [0.00]
Does anyone know how to code off the orange parking lights on LED LCI headlights on BimmerCode? Can’t seem to find the presets or find the module in expert mode. Also does anyone notice that the angel eyes dim when you signal left and right on the lci headlights? Any way to code this out? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2019, 09:13 PM   #2251
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
Does anyone know how to code off the orange parking lights on LED LCI headlights on BimmerCode? Can't seem to find the presets or find the module in expert mode. Also does anyone notice that the angel eyes dim when you signal left and right on the lci headlights? Any way to code this out? Thanks in advance.
As far as I know this dimming while blinking is a law requirement.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 12:33 PM   #2252
Weezl
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Hi
I have the BimmerCode app and found the veepeak WiFi on Amazon. Is it worth the extra for the BT version? All I want to do is set/code some defaults and probably will never use it again.

I read most of the 85 pages and saw a while ago WiFi was slow but there seems to have been some upgrades so just wondering
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 01:09 PM   #2253
nioh_lbbm2
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Houbi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R0ME0 View Post
Does anyone know how to code off the orange parking lights on LED LCI headlights on BimmerCode? Can't seem to find the presets or find the module in expert mode. Also does anyone notice that the angel eyes dim when you signal left and right on the lci headlights? Any way to code this out? Thanks in advance.
As far as I know this dimming while blinking is a law requirement.
Yes as Huobi says it's mandated by law. If you look head on at a car with modern LED DRL on and turn on blinker it's quite difficult to see the blinker at a first glance if the DRL is not dimmed
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2019, 03:09 PM   #2254
mvigod
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezl View Post
Hi
I have the BimmerCode app and found the veepeak WiFi on Amazon. Is it worth the extra for the BT version? All I want to do is set/code some defaults and probably will never use it again.

I read most of the 85 pages and saw a while ago WiFi was slow but there seems to have been some upgrades so just wondering
Weezl Hi. I had previously purchased the Vgate iCar OBD wifi back in 2017. I wasn't totally happy with it in terms of speed and connection reliability with my iphone. Read good reviews on the Veepeak Bluetooth OBD2 4.0 Reader. Bought that one last August '18 and it's worked much better for me. Seems more rock solid, faster and less clunky in terms of connecting vs the Vgate iCar wifi. It's all I use now.

Here is a link to the Veepeak unit I bought: https://amzn.to/2D4GOM3

A runner up I almost bought but was way more expensive and I wasn't sure if it was worth it since the Veepeak seemed to do the job just as well was the PLX Kiwi 3 unit. That one is about 90 bucks. https://amzn.to/2KnVHiA
Appreciate 1
      04-10-2019, 11:31 PM   #2255
Weezl
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigod View Post
Weezl Hi. I had previously purchased the Vgate iCar OBD wifi back in 2017. I wasn't totally happy with it in terms of speed and connection reliability with my iphone. Read good reviews on the Veepeak Bluetooth OBD2 4.0 Reader. Bought that one last August '18 and it's worked much better for me. Seems more rock solid, faster and less clunky in terms of connecting vs the Vgate iCar wifi. It's all I use now.

Here is a link to the Veepeak unit I bought: https://amzn.to/2D4GOM3

A runner up I almost bought but was way more expensive and I wasn't sure if it was worth it since the Veepeak seemed to do the job just as well was the PLX Kiwi 3 unit. That one is about 90 bucks. https://amzn.to/2KnVHiA
Very helpful, thank you!
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #2256
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezl View Post
Hi

I use this one. Works fast and flawlessly with my iPhone.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's worth getting a good one that won't drop connection mid coding as that can end up requiring a dealer visit or having a coder use ESYS to fix everything. This happened to me once when using a cheap wifi dongle and I learned the hard way that Bluetooth 3/4 is the way to go. Also if you ever update your istep software it will wipe your coding and it will need to be redone, so that's another reason to invest in a decent OBDII unit.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2019, 09:38 PM   #2257
SM2
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Audi S6 | 2017 BMW M2 | 2

Does anyone know the coding required for the key fob to lower and raise windows?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2019, 08:04 AM   #2258
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethC View Post
Umm, all frameless door vehicles do that. If you don’t want that probably will need to move into a sedan or something with 4 doors.
Way to dredge up a issue from the past. AND IT WAS NOT WHEN I PULLED THE HANDLE TO OPEN THE DOOR IT WAS WHEN I PRESSED THE BUTTON ON THE REMOTE THAT THE WINDOWS CRACKED WHILE THE DOOR WAS STILL CLOSED. And bite me with your response you ass, you won't get help from anyone by criticizing them with snide comments .

Last edited by twin fed; 04-15-2019 at 08:10 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 09:28 PM   #2259
garfunko
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

I've coded a few things so far and had no issues. however , I had a few questions:

1- my seat position slots don't seem to getting saved correctly. I only noticed this after bimmercode. is there a setting for this that I could validate?

2- is there a master list of all the commands / options available?

3- is using bimmercode considered breaking warranty? I know it's too late now but just to be fully informed.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2019, 11:38 PM   #2260
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Update available in the appstore.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2019, 06:12 PM   #2261
jpxsuper
Registered
Rep
Drives: MY16 F87

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Hi all!,

First off, i’ve read through most of this forum and other coding forums. I was somewhat hesitant at first to start coding but I finally decided to try out bimmercode with all the positive remarks.

I did all my homework and found all the codes i would like to do by visiting bimmercodes website and using an excel sheet to mark which modules they’re in.

After scrupulous research I jumped the gun and ordered the Veepeak OBD BLE (Bluetooth connection) from amazon. Arrived today. Installed and bought the full version of Bimmercode from the appstore (IOS ver).

As per forum advice i turned on the ignition, turned on airplane mode on my iphoneX, turned bluetooth on. Made sure all other possible bluetooth connections werent possible (deleted device from MY16). And proceeded to launch the app.

Hit “connect” the selected my vehicle code. This began to read my ECU which took all of 10 seconds. Then selected the module i wanted to code in this case it was “Fem_module”. It then began reading and loading all options available to code, this took maybe 40s-1min)

I selected each option down the list and every option i wanted to code in a single go and when i felt like every option/value i liked was ticked or changed i clicked the “code” button on the top right. Roughly 10 seconds later, Car restarts itself. I turn iff the ignition and inspected every option that i had coded, and everything was working!

Hope this helps everyone to be a bit more confident and maybe what to expect. If theres any questions feel free to pm me! (Only coded in basic mode btw)
Appreciate 2
Smiler1.50
McGary911467.00
      04-26-2019, 10:51 PM   #2262
ForniteFever_01
Private
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Not technically a Bimmercode question per se, but I bought the Veepeak OBD connector off of Amazon, tried it today, and I can't seem to get it to work. I used their troubleshooting guide and the cigarette lighter port works just fine - it seems like I got a dud scanner or something is wrong with my car's OBD port.

For reference, car is a 2018 M2 with just under 800 miles. I have a hard time believing that such a new car would already have electrical issues. I've emailed Veepeak's customer support to hopefully get some answers or a replacement scanner. I'm fairly new to all this coding stuff so I wasn't sure if I just missed something or not.
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 08:39 AM   #2263
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo41196 View Post
Not technically a Bimmercode question per se, but I bought the Veepeak OBD connector off of Amazon, tried it today, and I can't seem to get it to work. I used their troubleshooting guide and the cigarette lighter port works just fine - it seems like I got a dud scanner or something is wrong with my car's OBD port.

For reference, car is a 2018 M2 with just under 800 miles. I have a hard time believing that such a new car would already have electrical issues. I've emailed Veepeak's customer support to hopefully get some answers or a replacement scanner. I'm fairly new to all this coding stuff so I wasn't sure if I just missed something or not.
Sure you did NOT try to pair it in bluetooth settings but rather clicked on connect in the app? Also set veepeak in device settings?
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2019, 04:42 PM   #2264
ForniteFever_01
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Houbi View Post
Sure you did NOT try to pair it in bluetooth settings but rather clicked on connect in the app? Also set veepeak in device settings?
Couldn't even get the device turned on it seems. Veepeak's instructions say that once the scanner is plugged into the car's OBD port, a blue light on the scanner should come on - that part never even happened. Tried it this morning on another car and got the same result. No sign of life from the scanner and it didn't appear on my phone's Bluetooth connections either. I already have a replacement on the way. I'm hoping I just got a dud and that the replacement works perfectly fine.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #2265
jpxsuper
Registered
Rep
Drives: MY16 F87

Garage List
2016 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by enzo41196 View Post
Couldn't even get the device turned on it seems. Veepeak's instructions say that once the scanner is plugged into the car's OBD port, a blue light on the scanner should come on - that part never even happened. Tried it this morning on another car and got the same result. No sign of life from the scanner and it didn't appear on my phone's Bluetooth connections either. I already have a replacement on the way. I'm hoping I just got a dud and that the replacement works perfectly fine.
You most likely have done this.. But did you turn the car on?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2019, 06:19 PM   #2266
ForniteFever_01
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpxsuper View Post
You most likely have done this.. But did you turn the car on?
Yes. I got a replacement unit which works perfectly fine. Just had the misfortune of getting a faulty one the first time around.
Appreciate 0