BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > Auto Solutions & UCP Review

03-03-2020, 04:25 PM   #177
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHaze View Post
The flex disc was left attached to the transmission in the install video earlier in this thread. I agree with you that NewTIS appears to leave the disc attached to the drive shaft side. Either way, it sounds like you would only need 3 sets of bolts/nuts unless you decided to replace the flex disc as well.
Thanks for the input
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 04:55 PM   #178
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
You Can leave the flex Disc on, it is not needed to remove it. I have large hands and found it easier to remove it for my access, but not needed.
Based on your pictures and descriptions, I wasn't sure if you separated the driveshaft from the flex disc or not

If I'm understanding the NewTIS manual correctly, I think I can just remove the 3 nuts and bolts connecting the flex disc to the transmission flange and leave the flex disc attached to the front of the driveshaft
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 05:24 PM   #179
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTBoss302 View Post
Based on your pictures and descriptions, I wasn't sure if you separated the driveshaft from the flex disc or not

If I'm understanding the NewTIS manual correctly, I think I can just remove the 3 nuts and bolts connecting the flex disc to the transmission flange and leave the flex disc attached to the front of the driveshaft
If you look at my 4th picture of the drive shaft, the black bolts,which have lock nuts behind them are the ones to remove. Space is tight to get a wrench on lock nuts, it just takes a little time. Also use some white line marker to mark flange and shaft so everything goes on as taken off.
      03-03-2020, 06:10 PM   #180
2020M2Competition
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chief1richard View Post
If you look at my 4th picture of the drive shaft, the black bolts,which have lock nuts behind them are the ones to remove. Space is tight to get a wrench on lock nuts, it just takes a little time. Also use some white line marker to mark flange and shaft so everything goes on as taken off.
This is what has me confused

According to the NewTIS manual, the black bolts are left untouched and the silver bolts are removed

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/f...ion/1VnYrsHP3W

In theory, it would allow the driveshaft and the flex disc to be removed at the same time

Perhaps there is something I'm just not understanding
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2020, 06:24 PM   #181
TheHaze
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2

Quote:

According to the NewTIS manual, the black bolts are left untouched and the silver bolts are removed

In theory, it would allow the driveshaft and the flex disc to be removed at the same time

Looks like you remove the black bolts if you want the flex disc to stay with the transmission, or the silver bolts if you want it to stay with the drive shaft.
Appreciate 1
      03-03-2020, 07:51 PM   #182
chief1richard
Life is on the Track, the rest is just waiting.
United_States
Rep
Drives: At the point of 7,000 RPM's

Garage List
2018 M2  [0.00]
Quote:

If you remove the black bolts the flex stays on transmission flange. Remove silver ones flex stays on shaft flange. As long as you mark with white out or some other marker to keep them in alignment on re-assembly it doesn't .

Last edited by chief1richard; 03-03-2020 at 08:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2020, 11:58 PM   #183
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 LBB - 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gphung View Post
  • 20% reduction
  • OEM height (will mate with the M240i MP shifter, we'll see if I have the amplified whirring noise)
  • 80a+ upgraded bushings
SSK was installed yesterday, and I am really happy with the result. This is my first ever 6MT car, but I still felt like the shifter feel was lacking in "some way" even if I didn't know how to put it into words. Now there is no more slop, shifts are very direct and clicky (but not overly so), and with the CDV deleted as well it's shifting bliss. I just want to row gears!

I feel like 20% reduction really is the sweet spot for a daily driven car that may see a couple of track days per year. Any more reduction and the shifts might start feeling a bit heavier than I'd like, especially in traffic.

Also, my hearing isn't the greatest, but I'm using the CF M Performance shifter and I have not noticed any whirring noise coming from the shifter since the SSK was installed which a couple of folks had mentioned earlier in this thread. For what it's worth, I swapped the knob onto my stock blue stitching shift boot, rather than keep it on the white stitch boot it came with. No complaints with this setup.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 09:08 AM   #184
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
I'm using the CF M Performance shifter and I have not noticed any whirring noise coming from the shifter since the SSK was installed which a couple of folks had mentioned earlier in this thread. For what it's worth, I swapped the knob onto my stock blue stitching shift boot, rather than keep it on the white stitch boot it came with. No complaints with this setup.
Does the MP shifter come with CF & leather or CF & Alcantara?

I can't quite tell from the online pics-- I'm not an Alcantara fan, but if it's leather, I'm your huckleberry.

TIA.

R.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 06:19 PM   #185
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Ever since I paid Ron for my SSK a few days ago, I haven’t heard back from him. Anyone else experience this?

I’ve reached out for an update a couple times
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 06:38 PM   #186
LammaLamma
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastieBombRacing View Post
Ever since I paid Ron for my SSK a few days ago, I haven’t heard back from him. Anyone else experience this?

You'll receive a tracking number from Ron when when its ready to ship out.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      03-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #187
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LammaLamma View Post
You'll receive a tracking number from Ron when when its ready to ship out.
Hoping so. It’s weird he’s gone from super communicative to radio silence.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 08:16 PM   #188
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Ever since I paid Ron for my SSK a few days ago, I haven't heard back from him. Anyone else experience this?

I've reached out for an update a couple times
He works on them in batches. I can't explain the lack of communication, as we've only communicated once and that was it. As it was getting close to his ETA for shipping out the shifter, I was thinking about messaging/emailing him. But then I got the tracking number like a day after he promised, all good.

Just hang tight. He's got good rep so no need to worry about anything suspicious. Unless of course you're desperately trying to change your specs, then yeah that might be a problem.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      03-13-2020, 08:18 PM   #189
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
He works on them in batches. I can't explain the lack of communication, as we've only communicated once and that was it. As it was getting close to his ETA for shipping out the shifter, I was thinking about messaging/emailing him. But then I got the tracking number like a day after he promised, all good.

Just hang tight. He's got good rep so no need to worry about anything suspicious. Unless of course you're desperately trying to change your specs, then yeah that might be a problem.
Nope, I believe the shifter is all built and ready to go.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 08:19 PM   #190
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Quote:
I'm using the CF M Performance shifter and I have not noticed any whirring noise coming from the shifter since the SSK was installed which a couple of folks had mentioned earlier in this thread. For what it's worth, I swapped the knob onto my stock blue stitching shift boot, rather than keep it on the white stitch boot it came with. No complaints with this setup.
Does the MP shifter come with CF & leather or CF & Alcantara?

I can't quite tell from the online pics-- I'm not an Alcantara fan, but if it's leather, I'm your huckleberry.

TIA.

R.
The CF MP shifter for the 2 series from BMW comes with an alcantara boot with white stitching. The OEM M2 shifter also has an alcantara boot, but with blue stitching (unless you have an M2C with orange stitching option). Literally only difference is the stitching colour. I swapped the boots so I could retain the blue stitching. IND also offers the CF MP shifter with a blue or orange boot already attached. You could check with them if they'll do a leather variant for you. I don't think the CF MP shifter part is offered in a leather boot variant.

Perhaps the standard 2 series (non-M2, non-MP) shifter comes with a leather boot. You could source that and try putting the CF knob over it.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 08:46 PM   #191
flybigjet
Remove Before Flight
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C & Boeing's light twin

Quote:
The CF MP shifter for the 2 series from BMW comes with an alcantara boot with white stitching. The OEM M2 shifter also has an alcantara boot, but with blue stitching (unless you have an M2C with orange stitching option). Literally only difference is the stitching colour. I swapped the boots so I could retain the blue stitching. IND also offers the CF MP shifter with a blue or orange boot already attached. You could check with them if they'll do a leather variant for you. I don't think the CF MP shifter part is offered in a leather boot variant.

Perhaps the standard 2 series (non-M2, non-MP) shifter comes with a leather boot. You could source that and try putting the CF knob over it.
Oh, sorry-- not the boot.

I meant the knob itself.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 10:20 PM   #192
gphung
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flybigjet View Post
Oh, sorry-- not the boot.

I meant the knob itself.
D'oh. Haven't seen a CF+leather option I'm afraid.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 03:44 AM   #193
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Quote:

Dont worry, he's got better things to do than send pointless messages to people - like build shift kits.

I didn't hear anyting for weeks, then got a shipping email.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 08:10 AM   #194
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
Dont worry, he's got better things to do than send pointless messages to people - like build shift kits.

I didn't hear anyting for weeks, then got a shipping email.
My understanding was that he’s done building it, so If its “weeks” we’re going to have a problem
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2020, 08:27 AM   #195
doughboy
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 Comp 6MT

Ah ok, I paid then he started making it soemtime after, I though that's how he operated?

He said he waited for sufficient paid orders for the same model then made a batch rather than single build.

It was about 6 weeks from payment to deliver for mine.
Appreciate 1
243Racing1447.50
      03-15-2020, 05:43 PM   #196
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 & M340i LCI

Question for those with the Ultimate Clutch Pedal.

How does it change the pedal action? I don't mind the part where the springs engage, I just want to get rid of the inch or so dead space at the top to bring it in line with the brake. I find I have to lift my whole leg to engage the clutch, ideally I could pivot off my heel and only lift slightly.

Does it make the pedal action stiffer?

Appreciate the feedback!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2020, 08:04 PM   #197
SEAT TIME RULES
Major
Rep
Drives: 20 BMW M2C 17 Mazda MX-5 RF

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Question for those with the Ultimate Clutch Pedal.

How does it change the pedal action? I don't mind the part where the springs engage, I just want to get rid of the inch or so dead space at the top to bring it in line with the brake. I find I have to lift my whole leg to engage the clutch, ideally I could pivot off my heel and only lift slightly.

Does it make the pedal action stiffer?

Appreciate the feedback!
I had my UCP put in when the car was delivered to me. I did drive several other M2's before mine but it was quite some time between them. The pedal now sits at the same height as the brake pedal. Pedal is not "firm" but I like how it feels.
My 2020M2C Build: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1696726
Appreciate 2
243Racing1447.50
Montaver2146.00
      03-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #198
243Racing
Banned
Rep

Update on the above, it sounds like there actually was an issue with the shift kit shipping out, Ron was all over it and got it in the mail today.
Appreciate 0