BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Question about BMW's free oil changes

04-03-2020, 04:43 AM   #1
Kohner86
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C

Question about BMW's free oil changes

Hi everyone,
I have a 2020 M2C which is coming up on it's 1 year oil change in April. With this whole COVID19 thing going on I'm thinking about waiting another month or so until things have calmed down a bit before getting it done but I'm curious if I would be screwing myself out of a free oil change.

The car only has 4k miles on it and I'm not driving it really at all since everything is locked down so I'm not worried about damaging the engine. I'm just curious that if I delay this change by a month will I not be able to get the oil change at the end of the 3 year free oil changes? Since all the timings will be shifted over by a month? Realistically all of my oil changes with this car will be time based, not mileage based if that helps.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2020, 06:34 AM   #2
cb804
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340 xDrive, M2C

You should be fine with waiting a month and maybe even longer. Call your dealer that services your car and talk to them. Service departments should be open but sales departments in many places are closed.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 03:59 PM   #3
onesixeight
Captain
Rep
Drives: F82 M4/i8

Shouldn't be an issue in terms of getting all your warrantied services done during the warranty period. I've been late a few months in the past and BMW has honored all my services. I'm sure your service advisor will be accommodating with everything that's going on.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2020, 10:59 AM   #4
JggyM2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb804 View Post
You should be fine with waiting a month and maybe even longer. Call your dealer that services your car and talk to them. Service departments should be open but sales departments in many places are closed.
just call them ahead of time and get the name of the service advisor and alert them of your plan. so if there is an issue you can always bring up his or her name. they should be able to take care of you!!
      06-05-2020, 11:21 AM   #5
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
You are absolutely fine. You even have time to send the oil to Blackstone Labs to prove it to yourself, if you like.

With that mileage, and no track days, you can expect that oil to last 2 years easy.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2020, 05:22 PM   #6
M Fifty
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 & 330CI

In some countries, the intervals are 2 years. But maybe they don't use gas that's a mixture of ethanol and sulphur...
Appreciate 0