Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashstar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Pee View Post
Simple blogger - how very you dare you - Tim B aka Shmee is a social networking influencer
Good. let him hang the medal. From this, his tests on the racetracks will not get better.
TBH I can't see them get any worse.

Shmee is more show pony and definitely not a thoroughbred. However given that his making 3kusd/day from 0.5m+ views there's YT watching sheep that love him dearly 🤣🤣😂😂🤐

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 09:28 AM   #68
Flashstar
Brand New
France
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
TBH I can't see them get any worse.

Shmee is more show pony and definitely not a thoroughbred. However given that his making 3kusd/day from 0.5m+ views there's YT watching sheep that love him dearly 🤣🤣😂😂🤐
everyone does what they love. Most of his fans are children. I believe that he does not need to drive on the race track. It does not look professional.
      06-23-2020, 09:37 AM   #69
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR. View Post
It is the cameras we use... They pick up the sound well enough. I have not driven the car on Saturday, so I cannot tell you how it was. There were four social influencers driving it; three Germans and Tim...

No space for me, else I would have shared more yesterday. I will take it out in September for a longer time than 5 laps on a track. I really want to live with it to find out what I think of it.

I will then have finished my car with all the upgrades, run the new Cup 2's and I hope I can drive it around Most circuit feeling also a bit the difference between my own and the CS.

MR
Bet your modded C will be superior to the stock M2CS by a lot
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 09:50 AM   #70
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 CSL Turbomeister

Garage List
Quote:
"a slight camber increase" - interesting but probably wasted on Shmee 🤔🤔😂😂😂
Impossible to notice or see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tag View Post
Misano Blue seems flat and really lets the car down. The hood in that color just doesn’t stand out. Not a fan of the gold wheels either. Terrible launch color combo IMO. I was hoping to see some more aggressive driving to really push the car, but guess in this setting it’s not allowed.
We weren't allowed to do anything of that. No systems off is the common statement across press drives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Watching Shmee saw at the wheel is depressing, he couldn't even keep up with the pace car. You would think given the amount of nice cars he has owned and driven he would be better than that.
He didn't have his day really... Long hours getting there. Nothing to do with not being fast. Just being tired shooting nine videos in 5 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
Just let me know when the dealers can't sell them and they are offering 10-15% discounts

Didn't realize BMW put 245/265 Cup2s on the CS too...that's pretty dumb...pretty dumb.
My dealer offered 11% OFF. Already happening... German dealers were offering -7%.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.111 View Post
That's all fine and dandy but we really want to know more about that Camo M4 . Surely you checked that one out so give us some insights
Yep, but I have to keep my mouth shut until the embargo date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themnmd View Post
Yes he is definitely not a professional driver. Like you Chris would have been better, maybe he will do a video. It seems like a splendid car. Too bad I hear they are all spoken for
If you want one, I can get you one. All spoken for is a bullshit statement from a dealer, if they build as many as they can

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
I cannot stand that guy's reviews. Nothing against him personally--he is not intrinsically irritating. But way too much detail on the parts, not nearly enough detail on how the parts fit together when the car is driven. I don't need or want a manual read out loud to me with the car just sitting there. I want to know how the car feels and drives on road and track. Harris and Catchpole get it. They are also good enough drivers to know what they are talking about.
I could have done this for you, but there was no slot for me to drive...

Quote:
Yes. But if BMW was invited to a presentation, then you have to go. Racing is not for him. He needs a good place and some beautiful photos for instagram. Such tests from simple bloggers do not look very good.
It is not what we want to create with Shmee150... This is left for the journalists, not the YouTube Creators. Different kind of entertainment.

Quote:
Good. let him hang the medal. From this, his tests on the racetracks will not get better.
Never will be... Not the aim we have with the channel. Too much niche to be profitable on social.

Quote:
everyone does what they love. Most of his fans are children. I believe that he does not need to drive on the race track. It does not look professional.
Incorrect! Most of our fans are not diehard car fans! Biggest age group is between 25 and 44. Followed by 19-24 and 45 to 54. Children are the smallest group, but they are the loudest in the comments.

MR
Appreciate 1
G80BSM282.50
      06-23-2020, 09:57 AM   #71
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
Bet your modded C will be superior to the stock M2CS by a lot
Miles better... Get all that is decent from the CS such as the software for the steering, gearbox and diff, set up the coilovers properly and fit decent rubber.

And mine will weigh 100+ kgs less than the stock M2C and 60+ less than a CS. You will drive circles around a CS.

And in the end I spend the same or less on mine as I would on a CS.

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 10:06 AM   #72
Flashstar
Brand New
France
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
We weren't allowed to do anything of that. No systems off is the common statement across press drives.
He didn't have his day really... Long hours getting there. Nothing to do with not being fast. Just being tired shooting nine videos in 5 days.
My dealer offered 11% OFF. Already happening... German dealers were offering -7%.
Yep, but I have to keep my mouth shut until the embargo date.
If you want one, I can get you one. All spoken for is a bullshit statement from a dealer, if they build as many as they can
I could have done this for you, but there was no slot for me to drive...
It is not what we want to create with Shmee150... This is left for the journalists, not the YouTube Creators. Different kind of entertainment.
Never will be... Not the aim we have with the channel. Too much niche to be profitable on social.
Incorrect! Most of our fans are not diehard car fans! Biggest age group is between 25 and 44. Followed by 19-24 and 45 to 54. Children are the smallest group, but they are the loudest in the comments.
MR
thanks for your reply.
      06-23-2020, 10:08 AM   #73
CosmosMpower
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F87c, GT3, MK7 GTI

If they added negative camber it can't be much that car still looked to push quite a bit on turn in especially in steady state corners like the double apex.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 10:10 AM   #74
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
If they added negative camber it can't be much that car still looked to push quite a bit on turn in especially in steady state corners like the double apex.
Hardly anything... Looking at it, it felt the same as stock. I have a lot more on my aftermarket kit and even there I want to run more soon.

MR
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 10:24 AM   #75
Bee Pee
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AW M2 DCT

Quote:
Which vlog are you watching ??

Current '22 X3M LCI..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 11:10 AM   #76
AlpsRider
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, LBB, 6MT

Quote:
Hardly anything... Looking at it, it felt the same as stock. I have a lot more on my aftermarket kit and even there I want to run more soon.

MR
Technically when the car is lowered it results in more negative camber. If the ride height is less with the adaptive suspension then yeah negative camber would be inreased... slightly. Whether there is more to it than that afaik hasn't been documented.
Appreciate 1
VisualEcho6632.00
      06-23-2020, 11:17 AM   #77
Pol
Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: M2 CS BMS DCT August 2020

Quote:

MR
I got 11,195%.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2020, 11:21 AM   #78
Karmic Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C

That 265 on the rear is fine WHEN the Cup 2 has warmed up to the optimum rubber running temperature. Though longevity is questionable because of its narrow width. The front 245 is too narrow to last even on Cup 2. That's why CS Racing has 10.5 wheels F & R and run on 298mm slicks.

Cup 2 is useless on the road as most would not be able to bring it up to operational temperature. It is plainly dangerous on a cold and wet weather day.
Appreciate 3
///AVM2529.50
ASAP10142.50
G80BSM282.50
      06-23-2020, 11:46 AM   #79
MR.
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmic Man View Post
That 265 on the rear is fine WHEN the Cup 2 has warmed up to the optimum rubber running temperature. Though longevity is questionable because of its narrow width. The front 245 is too narrow to last even on Cup 2. That's why CS Racing has 10.5 wheels F & R and run on 298mm slicks.

Cup 2 is useless on the road as most would not be able to bring it up to operational temperature. It is plainly dangerous on a cold and wet weather day.
I drove Cup 2's in the winter... Lovely experience

MR
Appreciate 1
Karmic Man1996.00
      06-23-2020, 11:47 AM   #80
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///AVM View Post
Quote:
On a CS? Already?
Not the fact that they are used Cup2s....that they didn't increase tire size to something reasonable for the platform - 245/265 is pretty skinny
Also, check the price of Cup2s haha - I wonder how many will replace with them (I wouldn't)
Lax

You do not have to get Cup 2s, as I think PS4S is the other option and is best suited for most. . . I think it is pretty safe to assume most M2CS buyers are going to spend most of their time on the road and not the track.

///AVM
Besides Cup 2's are not that much more over a set of PS4S
      06-23-2020, 12:02 PM   #81
///AVM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
On a CS? Already?
Not the fact that they are used Cup2s....that they didn't increase tire size to something reasonable for the platform - 245/265 is pretty skinny
Also, check the price of Cup2s haha - I wonder how many will replace with them (I wouldn't)
Lax

You do not have to get Cup 2s, as I think PS4S is the other option and is best suited for most. . . I think it is pretty safe to assume most M2CS buyers are going to spend most of their time on the road and not the track.

///AVM
///MTOWN

Honestly, it's hard to beat the PS4S . . .

The PSS are fine but clearly inferior for spirited daily driving and backroad excursions, not to mention when the roads get wet and/or cool.

None should be used in northern winter climates.

Still, there will be those who MIGHT track their CS a couple times a year and will still go with Cup2 over the PS4S 💁*♂️

///AVM
Appreciate 1
G80BSM282.50
      06-23-2020, 12:10 PM   #82
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

In the end, I enjoyed the Shmeee video. He's not a professional race car driver but it's good to see his take on it. We all know Chris Harris would be a drift king with it, but can a real world driver make use of it and have fun on a track day.

PS: One comment on the 245/265 sizes, besides the fender width limits, the BMW engineers wanted a certain balance vs playfulness. I like the M2 Comp being secure in normal driving but plenty of playing with the back end in MDM mode on track for an amateur like me, without the real handful nature of the 1M. If you increase rear tire width and not the front, the balance and playfulness go away. You'd hear folks complain of understeer.
Appreciate 2
///AVM2529.50
F87EVO4031.00
      06-23-2020, 12:25 PM   #83
///M TOWN
United_States
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.82]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Quote:
On a CS? Already?
Lax

///AVM
///MTOWN

Honestly, it's hard to beat the PS4S . . .

The PSS are fine but clearly inferior for spirited daily driving and backroad excursions, not to mention when the roads get wet and/or cool.

None should be used in northern winter climates.

Still, there will be those who MIGHT track their CS a couple times a year and will still go with Cup2 over the PS4S 💁*♂️

///AVM
I have the PS4S'

They are lovely tires

Much better than the PSS'
      06-23-2020, 12:30 PM   #84
VisualEcho
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
I drove Cup 2's in the winter... Lovely experience

MR
Better with a set of PS4S's up front .
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN16161.00
      06-23-2020, 03:26 PM   #85
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by particulardude View Post
since this thread has digressed into a YouTuber critique - who else thinks Saabkyle04 Kyle Lindsey is a perfect replacement for John Davis on MotorWeek when the time comes for him to retire
Wow ages since I watched a SaabKyle video.

"And so now, without further adew"
      06-23-2020, 05:31 PM   #86
Advevo
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition, E30 M3 DTM

Most of the influencers can’t drive properly. I get bored watching this in about 1 min of time.

I wanna see how the car behaves in extremes. Balance on Under and oversteer. Left foot braking into corners to get understeer away etc. How are the brakes holding up.

All the carbon bits and Alcantara i have already seen on the internet. For me these influencers brings nothing.
Appreciate 3
///AVM2529.50
Bee Pee1775.50
///M TOWN16161.00
      06-23-2020, 09:12 PM   #87
ASAP
Major General
Rep
Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advevo View Post
Most of the influencers can't drive properly. I get bored watching this in about 1 min of time.

I wanna see how the car behaves in extremes. Balance on Under and oversteer. Left foot braking into corners to get understeer away etc. How are the brakes holding up.

All the carbon bits and Alcantara i have already seen on the internet. For me these influencers brings nothing.
He is not the correct person for that... he is a tell you facts kind of guy... which is odd seeing as we could have just as easily read those on the very introduction for this product... this review gave us 0 except the car is fun to drive... thanks for the passionate opinion schmee
      06-24-2020, 08:25 AM   #88
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

To me it seems the Youtube Influencers are for entertainment. All seem to have a "hook" such as Doug Demuro "Thiiis is a 2020 whatever and here are its quirks and features". I am glad manufacturers have embraced them, it makes for good content. I used to watch Saabkyle04 but his reviews are boring compared to others. Shmeee is not my favorite but his Ford GT in the USA series last year was fun to watch.

We as enthusiasts need more such as on-track behavior, the best being Chris Harris but he's also a TV professional. For reviews that give a nice mix of entertainment, factual review, and how they drive, I like Throttle House and Straight Pipes.

PS: It was fun to watch them all come together for the C8 premier in Vegas not long ago. They even had to pair up and combine video reviews...
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50