BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > S55 Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Bolt-ons / Tuning > New equal length AA Exhaust?

Closed Thread

02-03-2021, 02:16 PM   #485
Supadice
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS

From listening to a bunch of clips it seems like the problem is only in cars with catless DP. Even cars with high flow cats seem to be fine. The M4 in this clip sounds awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong about any of this. I'm not trying to promote AA or bash anyone's experiences. Sorry for those who are having trouble but it seems like AA is trying to make it right. Again correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the car in this clip has: Racing Evolution catted DP, AA resonated Equal Length Mid, and a Remus sport. I think the tone is perfect, I would even dare remove the resonators and do non res mid for a little more volume if the tone and sound didn't change. AA can you please comment on the car in the clip? Would going non res mid change the tone, or just increase volume. Thank you.

02-03-2021, 02:28 PM   #486
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supadice View Post
From listening to a bunch of clips it seems like the problem is only in cars with catless DP. Even cars with high flow cats seem to be fine. The M4 in this clip sounds awesome. Correct me if I'm wrong about any of this. I'm not trying to promote AA or bash anyone's experiences. Sorry for those who are having trouble but it seems like AA is trying to make it right. Again correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure the car in this clip has: Racing Evolution catted DP, AA resonated Equal Length Mid, and a Remus sport. I think the tone is perfect, I would even dare remove the resonators and do non res mid for a little more volume if the tone and sound didn't change. AA can you please comment on the car in the clip? Would going non res mid change the tone, or just increase volume. Thank you.

Hi,

This is Mike's daily driver from extreme powerhouse. I believe he had the non resonated first and ended up switching to the resonated version to combat the catless downpipes rasp.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 02:29 PM   #487
daap1193
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2C sunset orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2C_jondagger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Quote:
I tried both. I had Active change out the small one for me. It was garbage in both scenarios. Something else inherently wrong either with the shortness of the overall setup or the stock muffler. But catless dp and resonated el was terrible for me. Embarrassing to drive.
Jon,

Lets be very clear and honest. You came in the morning to test drive your vehicle with the larger resonators that we installed for you at no cost to make you happy. You came back from your test drive and gave us the go ahead saying it was much better.

Sorry If I don't understand why you are slandering and making baseless claims about our company via your keyboard. We were nothing but nice and helpful to you and you could of easily of called us for a exchange or return.
Would you be able to do that and honor the return then? I'm still holding on the exhaust in my garage.

I was transparent that the sound was NOT good and the issue was still there, yet it was improved. I was told this is all that could be done. I tried to enjoy it and it was the same issue with a 20% reduction.

I also have friends going through the same thing right now.
Was in the process to purchase the resonated version of EL mid pipe, I'm out now, Thank you for you review, sadly there is no way to improve the sound without increasing the rasp of the s55 engine. Its better to get back to stock downpipes and the try the EL midpipe again if that set up doesn't sound any better sell the car there's no other solution yet.

Don't know why but the exhaust sound way different standing compared it when running, so don't get confused with videos of sellers promoting their exhaust set ups like that. Not completely sure but I think is due to the fact that In neutral the car open the wastegate so the sound is coming directly from the engine to the exhaust but when running the wastegate closes the sound goes through the turbos and there comes the rasp, no matter if exhaust flaps are open or closed. if you are running catless downpipes you notice that from the first minute, so it's no completely active autoworker fault if you want to be mad with somebody blame Bmw engineers, @&@$ them, maybe for now EL mid pipe with stock downpipes is the only way to go.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2021, 02:53 PM   #488
M2C_jondagger
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C 2019

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I tried both. I had Active change out the small one for me. It was garbage in both scenarios. Something else inherently wrong either with the shortness of the overall setup or the stock muffler. But catless dp and resonated el was terrible for me. Embarrassing to drive.
Jon,

Lets be very clear and honest. You came in the morning to test drive your vehicle with the larger resonators that we installed for you at no cost to make you happy. You came back from your test drive and gave us the go ahead saying it was much better.

Sorry If I don't understand why you are slandering and making baseless claims about our company via your keyboard. We were nothing but nice and helpful to you and you could of easily of called us for a exchange or return.
Would you be able to do that and honor the return then? I'm still holding on the exhaust in my garage.

I was transparent that the sound was NOT good and the issue was still there, yet it was improved. I was told this is all that could be done. I tried to enjoy it and it was the same issue with a 20% reduction.

They aren't honoring the return ... they said after the my comments and the bad review they won't LOL.

This response is a perfect example of marketing > product ... me, my friends with the same setup, and many other to come will now get stuck with an improperly advertised setup, hundreds of dollars in labor cost, and shipping and resell losses.

Don't worry Andrew I'll be sure to warn the crowds of this treatment. It's not angrily typed words, it's saying what no one else has the knowledge to speak of. I've spoken to the local , renoun , performance shops (won't mention their names). They are on the same page.
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 03:01 PM   #489
daap1193
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw M2C sunset orange

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Jon,

They aren't honoring the return ... they said after the my comments and the bad review they won't LOL.

This response is a perfect example of marketing > product ... me, my friends with the same setup, and many other to come will now get stuck with an improperly advertised setup, hundreds of dollars in labor cost, and shipping and resell losses.

Don't worry Andrew I'll be sure to warn the crowds of this treatment. It's not angrily typed words, it's saying what no one else has the knowledge to speak of. I've spoken to the local , renoun , performance shops (won't mention their names). They are on the same page.
Sure, don't worry they already lost a customer.
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2021, 03:07 PM   #490
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by daap1193 View Post
Was in the process to purchase the resonated version of EL mid pipe, I'm out now, Thank you for you review, sadly there is no way to improve the sound without increasing the rasp of the s55 engine. Its better to get back to stock downpipes and the try the EL midpipe again if that set up doesn't sound any better sell the car there's no other solution yet.

Don't know why but the exhaust sound way different standing compared it when running, so don't get confused with videos of sellers promoting their exhaust set ups like that. Not completely sure but I think is due to the fact that In neutral the car open the wastegate so the sound is coming directly from the engine to the exhaust but when running the wastegate closes the sound goes through the turbos and there comes the rasp, no matter if exhaust flaps are open or closed. if you are running catless downpipes you notice that from the first minute, so it's no completely active autoworker fault if you want to be mad with somebody blame Bmw engineers, @&@$ them, maybe for now EL mid pipe with stock downpipes is the only way to go.
We actually haven't promoted our mid pipes ourselves but allowed our customers and reviewers to do so independently. I do agree the car does sound different under load but you still get a hint of what's going when just revving which should also sound good. With that said we have tons of videos mostly from the f8x chassis since we released that mid pipe first.

M2c Downpipes and El mid pipe resonated.

Last edited by SflBimmer8484; 02-03-2021 at 03:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2021, 03:30 PM   #491
SflBimmer8484
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:

Jon,

Well you did threaten to "keep blowing Up the thread" if we did not return it so I guess this is no surprise after you called in.

The return I spoke of was in the past tense and completely out of good faith and totally against our return policy. Please do not make it about the review because it honestly has nothing to do with the review. In fact we welcome positive criticism as it can help us make a better product in the future. Our decision has more to do with your attitude, disrespect and slander more than anything else. Any vendor or customer that has worked with me personally can vouch that I will always do my best to make it right as we attempted to do for you.

This will be my last response regarding the Mid pipe you claimed to have sold already.

Quote:
Already slipped the stock back on and sold the midpipe (muffler clamps). Took the L, couldn't stand it anymore.

Last edited by SflBimmer8484; 02-03-2021 at 03:43 PM..
Appreciate 9
JustinHEMI7402.50
Driver87251.50
AM///X3M359.50
gmhl10384.50
Supadice1017.50
Wah2778.50
StephGOD218.50
zjldmd12.00
Vulpe278.00
Closed Thread