BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion > 653D - Pro's / Cons and is it worth it?

01-07-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
OMLGitzScott
Rep
Drives: Renaultsport Megane R26

653D - Pro's / Cons and is it worth it?

I'm considering changing my 2006 330D E92 for an 09 E63 6 Series Coupe but had a few questions.

My 330D is currently on 90k Miles, just had a major service with front pads being done, and rears 6 months back. Also front tyres have just been replaced and rears have 6 months in them. I've just taxed it for the year (which I can claim back) and also had it remapped 5 months ago to take it to around 280bhp.

Now it has a few issues. The passenger window leaks air into the cabin above 65 / 70mph. The headlight washer jets stick out from the bumper randomly, so will need fixing. There's also a host of electrical issues, rear fogs dont work, bluetooth has stopped working, other random gremlings in the electronics pop up now and again. It also has some bumper damage which i've been quoted £200 to fix.

I've seen a nice 635D for £18,995, black with 19" rims, and what I consider a good spec on 64k miles.

I'd expect to get about £8.5k for my car. Is the swap worth it? With the current 6 series being 2 years old now, will the previous generation depreciate much more? Also, what are the downsides to owning a car like the 6 series?

Cheers.
Appreciate 0