BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW M2 Forum > BMW M2 CS Model > Fidelity wheel and tire warranty?

04-12-2021, 03:09 PM   #1
GrumpyBimmerFan
Captain
Rep
Drives: M2CS 6spd

Fidelity wheel and tire warranty?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Anyone bought this?

As I mentioned in the other post, I purchased this from the dealer, but this is my first time buying something like that. I'm trying to figure out if this is worth keeping, so looking to see real world experiences with this.

I have the "Superior" package, which is not described very clear on their site. Says it includes the Delux and Premium. Under premium it says "covers cosmetic damage to tires and wheels," does that mean curb rash? What if you drove into a pothole, and wheel got scratched (had it happen to me in my 997, and appeared like curb rash). Would I take a picture of the road/pot hole where it happened? Would they repair the wheel, or replace it? If they repair and I don't like how it looks, will they replace it then? (p.s. on my comp, after the accident, two wheels got sent to be refurbished by a pro shop that bmw dealer uses... after 1 track day, both wheels had clear coat peeling off).

Also, what does it mean cosmetic damage to the tire? as in, the tire got scraped so they will replace it? what if its vandalism/someone slashed my tires (had it happen on my c7). I'm still confused which tires they would put on my car if those accidentally got 4 nails in them...

Also, it appears it includes the interior repair coverage... so if the wheel gets worn out, will they replace it? It says rips of 2inches, so if my seat gets ripped by 2 inches, they will stitch it? or will they replace the seat?

Who provides the warranty service? Would I go to the dealer to get this repaired, or any tire/wheel shop of my choosing?

https://www.fidelitywarrantyservices...-hazard-bundle
      04-12-2021, 04:14 PM   #2
mfarrzhp
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 Competition

Garage List
I just got the wheel and tire package as I was amped up from finding the CS and buying it within 2 hours of seeing it on Autotrader.

After discussing with this forum, it reinforced my instinct that it was not worth it. I ended up canceling it and I had to follow up directly with the company since my dealership never sent in my cancellation request. Luckily the company was very cordial and processed the cancellation retro 2 months for a full refund.

Edit: My protection package was underwritten by Safeguard, so it may not be the same.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 06:43 PM   #3
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

It's totally worth it for my wifes daily. We have gone through 6 tires thanks to nails. Not worth it on a car I will drive 2000 miles per year.
      04-13-2021, 06:41 AM   #4
Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Tire insurance (like any insurance) is only worth it if you need it. I know people that must drive through nail factories because they are always getting flats. Personally, I've never had a flat that didn't cost $30 to patch. But since I said that, I'm sure this afternoon I'll run over a railroad spike and destroy my tire and rim.
Appreciate 1
cptobvious2531.50
      04-13-2021, 06:54 AM   #5
Golden3ye
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Tire insurance (like any insurance) is only worth it if you need it. I know people that must drive through nail factories because they are always getting flats. Personally, I've never had a flat that didn't cost $30 to patch. But since I said that, I'm sure this afternoon I'll run over a railroad spike and destroy my tire and rim.
It is almost a certainty

SOLD:
2012 135i | Le Mans | 6MT
1986 535i | Cirrus Blue Metallic | 5MT
Appreciate 1
Wah2778.50
      04-13-2021, 07:57 AM   #6
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

I think you need to read the fine print or call them with your questions. No two wheel and tire warranties are identical. It's likely that they would require photos/documentation/receipts to either deny or accept your claim and reimburse you or pay for it directly no matter where you go.

I purchased a wheel and tire package for my last two cars. I hit a ridiculous pothole at night that not only destroyed the tire but cracked the rim all the way around and bent the other rim. They covered both rims and one tire claiming that I drove on the second tire so that was my fault. I put on the spare that night to replace the cracked rim but didn't notice the other rim was bent on the inside causing a slow leak so the next morning when I was driving to the dealer I was driving on a flat tire which I didn't notice right away. I believe it more than paid for itself. I actually tried going to the city to cover it but they denied saying they didn't know about the pothole by the time I hit it and they need to be aware to have time to fix it. I may have been reimbursed for a tire patch as well.

My last car I had one tire patched at a local tire shop and they sent me a reimbursement check. I then curbed one of the wheels a bit so I brought to dealer where they opened a case with the warranty company and sent them pics. They accepted and paid the dealer directly. Another time I brought it in to see if they would respray them all as there were tiny chips and the service rep doubted they would cover but would try. He took photos of the rims, sent them to the warranty company, they accepted, and he called a wheel guy out to perform the work so I had all four done. May have saved a little bit of money but not much so I decided this time around I would pass up on the wheel and tire package and just pay out of pocket, if needed. If I were someone who got a lot of flats that couldn't be patched or damaged my wheels constantly I would have bought it again.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2021, 08:53 AM   #7
ptgltw
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pottah View Post
I think you need to read the fine print or call them with your questions. No two wheel and tire warranties are identical. It's likely that they would require photos/documentation/receipts to either deny or accept your claim and reimburse you or pay for it directly no matter where you go.
With BMW, you drive your car to the dealer (any BMW dealer) and they take care of everything. Pretty easy. No reimbursements needed. No deductable.

Drop off, pick up your free rental car and run some errands....wait for the call it's ready, pickup and drive away. Couldn't be easier.

Not sure what brand your experiences are with.
      04-13-2021, 09:10 AM   #8
Pottah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 LBB M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptgltw View Post
With BMW, you drive your car to the dealer (any BMW dealer) and they take care of everything. Pretty easy. No reimbursements needed. No deductable.

Drop off, pick up your free rental car and run some errands....wait for the call it's ready, pickup and drive away. Couldn't be easier.

Not sure what brand your experiences are with.
Yup, that's how I it went for my wheel issues. The Infiniti dealer handled it. They opened the claim and took the photos with nothing out of my pocket but then you're trusting the dealer to find someone to fix it. Maybe BMW is different and they do all wheel repairs and painting of wheels on site but I'm guessing they don't and they call someone in. It's nice to know if you have the option to go where you want and just get reimbursed if they can't pay directly, but I didn't do that with my wheel repairs. It was only with the tire patch where I took it to a local tire shop down the street and just paid the $25 or whatever out of pocket for them to patch it and I sent a copy of the receipt to the warranty company and they sent me a check. I suppose I could have made an appt and drove 30+ mins to the dealer and they would have handled it for me but wasn't worth the extra time and hassle. I can live a few days with $25 less in my pocket. Just nice having that option. AFAIK there's no car manufacturer that offers their own wheel and tire warranty it's always through another company but yes it's usually less hassle if you just bring it to the dealer and let them handle it.
Appreciate 0