BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > Scenic roads/trips in the area

03-26-2017, 08:19 PM   #1
zumbido
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Waiting for LBB M2

Scenic roads/trips in the area

I had the fortunate problem of needing to cram 800+ miles onto my M2 in order to make the break-in service before my first autocross this past weekend. This needed to occur within a span of about 3 weeks, during which time weekly morning temps were well into the 20's or low 30's - lower than I'd like to drive on the summer tires for my commute. As a result, my wife and I planned some day trips during the weekends. I looked for interesting destinations with fun roads to or around them. I thought it'd be cool to start a thread where owners in the region can give suggestions on fun drives. So throw 'em out there
  • I used this website to get some ideas: http://www.onlyinyourstate.com/virgi...ntry-roads-va/ . Ended up hitting #1 and #13 during a trip to Charlottesville, VA. We saw Thomas Jefferson's house here.
  • We drove the length of George Washington Memorial Parkway around D.C. and down to Mt. Vernon (George Washington's house).
  • We also visited Luray Caverns (http://luraycaverns.com/) and drove on some back roads through the mountains there, which were a lot of fun.
Appreciate 0