Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by David.m View Post
Quote:
If you have a LCI vehicle, the valve behavior is different than before.. It now has that loud "Cold Start Rumble" every single time the vehicle is started and not just when the motor/cat is cold..
So the valve is always open, except when you're coasting in Comfort or Eco Mode.. BMW also drastically quiet down ASD, so now people could barely distinguish if its on/off now..

Andrew is correct, the valve control only actively suppresses the sound only when plugged into the OBD port, in real time..

After you disconnect it, it goes back to factory mapping, whatever they might be for your vehicle.. Bimmerlink engineers already confirmed this.

Email them from the APP and they'll reiterate it..
You're saying the (LCI) exhaust valve is only closed when driving in comfort? Otherwise always open at start up, idling (every mode) and driving Sport/Sport+. If thats the case any controller to open the valve would really be of no value.

Re ASD, yes in comfort there isn't much difference but in Sport+ ASD is loud & intrusive when you put the engine under load, there's no mistaking ASD being on or off. Muting ASD via Bimmerlink is definitely saved without having to re-connect the app on start-up.
Yes, the valve behavior is different with the LCI, it's practically always open. Definitely is open every time your start your vehicle, regardless if the engine is already warn, unlike the pre-LCI. Not just the M2, all BMWs..

You have to keep the device plugged in for ASD and valve control to retain. The car forgets the settings and goes back to default when unplugged and off. I understand you're skeptical of my claim, so once again I suggest your contact Bimmerlink to verify this.

If you want ASD to be permanently off, you need to change the parameters with Bimmercode. That's the only way it memorizes your settings.

You can't permanently change the exhaust valve behavior by coding. You need a flash tune for that..
I would think you can up-plug the plug of the value itself while in the open position and it would remain open.
      12-07-2018, 02:11 AM   #24
Poochie
Luxury at the redline :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If you have a LCI vehicle, the valve behavior is different than before.. It now has that loud "Cold Start Rumble" every single time the vehicle is started and not just when the motor/cat is cold..
So the valve is always open, except when you're coasting in Comfort or Eco Mode.. BMW also drastically quiet down ASD, so now people could barely distinguish if its on/off now..

Andrew is correct, the valve control only actively suppresses the sound only when plugged into the OBD port, in real time..

After you disconnect it, it goes back to factory mapping, whatever they might be for your vehicle.. Bimmerlink engineers already confirmed this.

You're saying the (LCI) exhaust valve is only closed when driving in comfort? Otherwise always open at start up, idling (every mode) and driving Sport/Sport+. If thats the case any controller to open the valve would really be of no value.

Re ASD, yes in comfort there isn't much difference but in Sport+ ASD is loud & intrusive when you put the engine under load, there's no mistaking ASD being on or off. Muting ASD via Bimmerlink is definitely saved without having to re-connect the app on start-up.
Yes, the valve behavior is different with the LCI, it's practically always open. Definitely is open every time your start your vehicle, regardless if the engine is already warn, unlike the pre-LCI. Not just the M2, all BMWs..

You have to keep the device plugged in for ASD and valve control to retain. The car forgets the settings and goes back to default when unplugged and off. I understand you're skeptical of my claim, so once again I suggest your contact Bimmerlink to verify this.

If you want ASD to be permanently off, you need to change the parameters with Bimmercode. That's the only way it memorizes your settings.

You can't permanently change the exhaust valve behavior by coding. You need a flash tune for that..
I would think you can up-plug the plug of the value itself while in the open position and it would remain open.
Yes, there is supposedly a method where you pull the actuator fuses when the valve is open and it permanently remains in that position..

I never personally tried it because sometimes I like my peace and quiet, so I can't confirm if it works but from the feedback I've read, it's seems to be successful.

Super simple exhaust mod https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1549251
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2018, 02:14 AM   #25
///M TOWN
Rep
Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [8.78]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by eDrive View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes, there is supposedly a method where you pull the fuses when the valve is open and it permanently remains in that position..

I never personally tried because sometimes I like my peace and quiet, so I can't confirm it works but from the feedback I've read, it's seems to be successful.

Super simple exhaust mod https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1549251
If you unplug it by the valve and zip tie it out of the way it will most likely do the same thing.

Yeah I have an LCI M2 and I don't mind the sound of it in comfort either.
      12-07-2018, 07:25 AM   #26
David.m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M2 LCI 6MT BSM

Quote:

Well don't I feel like the village idiot!. Had to go pick the wife up so I connected the Bimmerlink app, driving in sport+ I toggled between ASD on & off and discovered I've been unknowingly driving with it on. ASD doesn't seem to be as loud as when I first got the car though now I'm hesitant to rely on my memory With the windows down ASD made little difference, in my defence I didn't have the Fabspeed sportcat a year ago when I compared ASD on & off. I'll code it off with bimmercode.

Also thanks for the link to the thread re pulling the exhaust flap fuse, have now done that also.
Appreciate 1
Poochie9099.00
      12-08-2018, 11:46 PM   #27
raymondlo84
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 2017 6MT, M4 2016 6MT

Anyone knows how to add Oil Temp info with bimmercode?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2018, 12:50 AM   #28
AndrewC1989
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by raymondlo84 View Post
Anyone knows how to add Oil Temp info with bimmercode?
AFAIK it isn't possible to code in a proper oil temp gauge display into the dash of a pre-lci car, but there are some other options, among which are:

awron gauge: https://store.activeautowerke.com/pr...dga-vent-gauge

P3 gauge: http://www.p3cars.com/bmw/bmw-1-seri...2-multi-gauge/

Lci cluster retrofit: https://f87.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1532620
Appreciate 3
Poochie9099.00
///M Houbi1653.00
      12-09-2018, 05:46 AM   #29
///M Houbi
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewc89 View Post
Yeah it's easy, you just have to open the app and then trade your 2017 in for an LCI.
This answer is below your level Andrew

Last edited by ///M Houbi; 12-09-2018 at 08:41 AM..
Appreciate 1
AndrewC198910903.50