BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
M2 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls > Service History

12-13-2018, 10:18 PM   #1
toeknee
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

Service History

I just bought my car used from a BMW dealer with 15,000 km. I checked the service history and realized that it only shows the service upon delivery. I am quite concerned now, but I'm not sure how concerned I should be. It looks like it is missing the break in service and likely another oil change? If these do not show in the vehicle's status, does it mean it was not done?

The car should have gotten checked over before I took ownership and the time/mileage to the next scheduled oil change seems to have been reset to 15,000 km or 1 year as if an oil change was just completed, but there is no service history of this. Could they do the service without it showing? What would be the best thing I should do or am I just concerned over nothing?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2018, 03:45 PM   #2
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

The easiest thing to do, and relieve any of those haunting thoughts, is hopefully get back to the dealer and get a print out of services done. It's doubtful that if a service was done as you feel it should have been, and rightly so, that it was not entered into their system. Go in, sit down and get the full picture. If for some reason it was not done at 12K then it should be done. Those 3K miles are not the end of the world. BUT that service interval registered in system at 12K is how the warranty is maintained. I would make sure they acknowledge that now...instead of later, claiming the car was not serviced at 12 as specified. You will rest better...
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2018, 11:49 AM   #3
toeknee
Registered
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zkeeper View Post
The easiest thing to do, and relieve any of those haunting thoughts, is hopefully get back to the dealer and get a print out of services done. It's doubtful that if a service was done as you feel it should have been, and rightly so, that it was not entered into their system. Go in, sit down and get the full picture. If for some reason it was not done at 12K then it should be done. Those 3K miles are not the end of the world. BUT that service interval registered in system at 12K is how the warranty is maintained. I would make sure they acknowledge that now...instead of later, claiming the car was not serviced at 12 as specified. You will rest better...
Thanks for the advice. I got in contact with the dealer. They sent me emails with the service, one in the system for the running in service and another internal record of service at 14k.
Appreciate 0